USB ports and code for Westinghouse tv

Discus and support USB ports and code for Westinghouse tv in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just received the usb tuner and antenna from Microsoft and hooked it up. The only usb port that will work is the one on the side of my Xbox One. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HUSKERFAN66, Mar 30, 2016.

1. HUSKERFAN66
    HUSKERFAN66 Guest

I just received the usb tuner and antenna from Microsoft and hooked it up. The only usb port that will work is the one on the side of my Xbox One. I tried both of the back ones and neither worked. Why? Also do I need a Kinects to get my Xbox One Media
    Remote to work with the volume and turning the tv off? I'm kind of new to all this. My model number for my tv is DWM48F1Y1-C. Please help!!!

Thank You

:)

HUSKERFAN66, Mar 30, 2016
  2. Xenokai
    Xenokai Guest
    Turning Projector Off with Xbox One

Try selecting something from a diffrent brand, my tv is westinghouse and it even showed my model number in the tv listings but for some reason wouldnt work. I choose Vizio and it can control my westinghouse tv. Its odd i had to do that but it works
    atleast.

Xenokai, Mar 30, 2016
  3. Gaurav Shah
    Gaurav Shah Guest
    Connect Westinghouse 37 inch TV to Xbox One

I have a Westinghouse LVM-37w3 model TV. I purchased an IR cable so that I can control the volume of the TV from my Xbox One media remote. Unfortunately, when I set the settings to this model nothing works. I can see the IR Blaster light turn on and it is
    right in front of the TV. I also tried some other Westinghouse models from the list and googling some remote codes. Nothing has worked? Is there a list of all the remote codes for Westinghouse that I can try? Any other suggestions?

By the way, the Xbox 360 media remote worked perfectly with this TV. Since I could search for the TV code on that remote by pressing the power button until the TV turned off, it was easy to setup. With Xbox One the setup seems a lot more complicated if you
    don't have the exact models of TV that are programmed into the system.

Gaurav Shah, Mar 30, 2016
  4. USB ports and code for Westinghouse tv

Hi buddy,

Not sure why your TV tuner only works from the side of your console, unless you have faulty USB's on the rear. Have you tried any other devices in the back of your console?

Regarding the remote, you do require either a Kinect or an IR blaster/extender plugged into your console in order for it to send commands to any other devices.

Skeeter Quill, Apr 5, 2016
  5. HUSKERFAN66
    HUSKERFAN66 Guest
    I did need a Kinect which I bought for the IR support. I have my external hard drive plugged into the back USB port and it works fine. I called Xbox technical support and they ran me through a bunch of tests but I still cant plug my USB turner in the back.
    It's really frustrating. I don't know if other people have the same problem or not. I would like any help I can on this matter.

Thanks!

HUSKERFAN66, Aug 15, 2016
  6. Hey there HUSKERFAN66,

You should be able to plug the device into the back of the console. It also sounds like other devices are working properly for you when plugged into the back. Are you in the Xbox One Preview Program by chance? It's possible this could be a bug and you'd
    want to post on the preview forums for the best troubleshooting if
    this guide
    doesn't help.

Mister Mascot, Nov 2, 2018
  7. Skeeter Quill Win User

Hi buddy,

Not sure why your TV tuner only works from the side of your console, unless you have faulty USB's on the rear. Have you tried any other devices in the back of your console?

Regarding the remote, you do require either a Kinect or an IR blaster/extender plugged into your console in order for it to send commands to any other devices.
  8. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there HUSKERFAN66,

You should be able to plug the device into the back of the console. It also sounds like other devices are working properly for you when plugged into the back. Are you in the Xbox One Preview Program by chance? It's possible this could be a bug and you'd
    want to post on the preview forums for the best troubleshooting if
    this guide
    doesn't help.
  9. HUSKERFAN66 Win User

I did need a Kinect which I bought for the IR support. I have my external hard drive plugged into the back USB port and it works fine. I called Xbox technical support and they ran me through a bunch of tests but I still cant plug my USB turner in the back.
    It's really frustrating. I don't know if other people have the same problem or not. I would like any help I can on this matter.

Thanks!
  10. RPG Thunder Win User

No Westinghouse support?

Westinghouse TV's usually have the same IR codes as Sony
  11. Xenokai Win User

Turning Projector Off with Xbox One

Try selecting something from a diffrent brand, my tv is westinghouse and it even showed my model number in the tv listings but for some reason wouldnt work. I choose Vizio and it can control my westinghouse tv. Its odd i had to do that but it works
    atleast.
Thema:

1. USB ports and code for Westinghouse tv - Similar Threads - USB ports code

2. my 2 xbox 1 controllers wont power up at all,,ive tried 3 power ports with usb cable,and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my 2 xbox 1 controllers wont power up at all,,ive tried 3 power ports with usb cable,and...: my 2 xbox 1 controllers wont power up at all,,ive tried 3 power ports with usb cable,and stillnothing,,any help plz 503539b9-7ecb-4e7d-a945-0724f3ca8e67
  3. Will my Omen Mindframe Headset work if i connect them to the usb port of my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will my Omen Mindframe Headset work if i connect them to the usb port of my Xbox One?: I recently got this headset but when I connect them to the Xbox (on the usb port) i just can turn them on but I cant talk or hear anything. What I need to do to make them work?...
  4. usb port for charge kit

in XBoX on Consoles
    usb port for charge kit: I just buy one charge kit for wireless controller, instruction said you need start on power xbox console for charge battery controller, but when i plug in the usb cable on rear side while xbox was...
  5. Xbox One Controller USB Port Broken

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller USB Port Broken: Hello I am new to the forum. I have been a longtime Xbox gamer (Had Xbox, 360, and now Xbox One). I have also started to play on PC, however, I still use the Xbox one controller. Over the past...
  6. Xbox one x wont power on but the usb ports still have power

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x wont power on but the usb ports still have power: I turned off my xbox one x last night and today it wont turn on. The usb ports still have power and I can charge controllers with it, but the xbox itself wont turn on. Any solutions?...
  7. USB ports on Xbox one X

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB ports on Xbox one X: Anyone know what Voltage and Ampere the front USB port on the Xbox One X has? 07a6d6a4-5874-4a48-9d0b-b1522cf05e73
  8. Which USB port to plug the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 in for best performance

in XBoX on Windows
    Which USB port to plug the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 in for best performance: Hello, I just bought this adapter with the Elite Wireless Controller. At the back of my computer, there are several different types of USB ports. For the best performance and connectivity, which...
  9. Port USB hub pod Xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Port USB hub pod Xbox one: Szukam portu hub USB pod Xbox one s, gdzie dostać takie huby pod Xbox one s biały Xbox one (Mod Translation) Looking for port USB hub to Xbox One s where to get such hubs for Xbox One S white...
  10. USB port on Xbox one X not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB port on Xbox one X not working: The USB port in the back if my Xbox OneX isnt working. The one closest to the HDMI port. We haven’t even had it for a month yet. We just tried to use it yesterday. It worked for about an hour then...