USB storage in Xbox 360

Discus and support USB storage in Xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi am using these unconventional media to contact , first congratulate you for the great work that you do and second a question Microsoft is going to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xXKingConanXx, May 29, 2014.

1. USB storage in Xbox 360

Hi am using these unconventional media to contact , first congratulate you for the great work that you do and second a question Microsoft is going to unlock 360 storage devices? 32 gigabytes is enough, thank you

:)

xXKingConanXx, May 29, 2014
  2. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest
    ChiefJoboo, May 29, 2014
  3. Lord Rob UK
    Lord Rob UK Guest
    Grand theft auto V questions need answer

Hi Saman1820,

The I've not used a USB device to run a game on my xbox before but there are some guides listed below which detail usb requirements for the xbox 360 to use.

The first usb device you listed is 128gb though as long as you know that only 32gb of it would be used for the 360 then that's up to you.

Xbox 360 USB (32GB Storage ONLY)

Why does Xbox 360 only support 32GB of storage, even though I have a much larger device?

Supporting USB storage devices up to 32GB in size is a huge increase in storage over any solid state memory storage solutions currently available for Xbox 360. Users that need more storage have options in the Xbox 360 hard drives, which are available for
    purchase separately.

www.xbox.com/.../storage

support.xbox.com/.../usb-flash-drive

USB minimum requirements

Regards

BoA

Lord Rob UK, May 29, 2014
  4. ChiefJoboo Win User

gta 5

5. Lord Rob UK Win User

Grand theft auto V questions need answer

Hi Saman1820,

The I've not used a USB device to run a game on my xbox before but there are some guides listed below which detail usb requirements for the xbox 360 to use.

The first usb device you listed is 128gb though as long as you know that only 32gb of it would be used for the 360 then that's up to you.

Xbox 360 USB (32GB Storage ONLY)

Why does Xbox 360 only support 32GB of storage, even though I have a much larger device?

Supporting USB storage devices up to 32GB in size is a huge increase in storage over any solid state memory storage solutions currently available for Xbox 360. Users that need more storage have options in the Xbox 360 hard drives, which are available for
    purchase separately.

www.xbox.com/.../storage

USB minimum requirements

Regards

BoA
  6. juan van Win User

My Xbox won't recognize my new flashdrive

www.xbox.com/.../storage

Seems like the USB is not passing the xbox's check for being usable as a storage device.

This USB storage device works just fine on my PC, but why doesn’t it work on my Xbox 360?

If the USB storage device does not work at all, then there was a problem accessing the device (for example, it is faulty or write-protected) or it failed the Xbox 360 integrity check. If the USB storage device is configured, but a performance warning is
    displayed, it’s due to the Xbox 360 requiring a higher level of sustained performance than most PC uses.
  7. crazdsniper Win User
  8. Temhotabot Win User

Multiple Xbox360's with one Xbox Live Account

Invest in an Xbox Compatible USB Flash Drive and store your profile on that. Then when you move between consoles you just plug it in and go. For more information on USB Flash Drives and Xbox 360 go to
    USB Storage Device Support for Xbox 360 - Xbox.com.
Thema:

USB storage in Xbox 360

1. USB storage in Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - USB storage 360

2. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...
  3. Xbox Pendrive (USB Storage)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Pendrive (USB Storage): First of all, I know that for games install Xbox requires 256GB+/USB 3.0 devices. But I would like to suggest the minimum space should be decreased to 128GB for game install. In my specific case...
  4. Does a usb takes space when configured for xbox 360 storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does a usb takes space when configured for xbox 360 storage: I configured by 32 gb drive and it was full WHAT HAPPENED??? 97eee52b-8628-4158-b6ef-505f25722417
  5. Change from cloud storage to usb??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change from cloud storage to usb??: I got a couple of 360 games for Xbox one but I want to transfer my save data from Xbox 360 cloud storage to a usb. I have no idea how to do it?? a5907a06-a3d1-498c-bcbb-6109dee26b35
  6. 16GB Usb won't appear on storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    16GB Usb won't appear on storage: I bought GTA V and it said I need a 16GB usb so I bought one and when i plug it in it does not appear in storage. Help please a2fe075a-ae89-4fda-91b9-d28b48d6c9b3
  7. USB 3 drive only recognised for media storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB 3 drive only recognised for media storage.: I have a 1tb USB 3 portable hard drive that I've been using as a backup device on my PC but thought it would see better use as storage for my Xbox One S. So I formatted it as NTFS and connected it...
  8. Xbox 360 USB storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 USB storage: I was wondering, if I attach a 3TB external hard drive and format 2TB for Xbox storage, could I then store movies and shows in the rest of the space to be watched on the Xbox?...
  9. probs a silly question but, i need more 'storage' on my old 360 to play gta5 can i use a usb?

in XBoX on Consoles
    probs a silly question but, i need more 'storage' on my old 360 to play gta5 can i use a usb?: my 360 is an old unit with internal storage of only 3Gb can I stick in a blank usb and use that as added storage so I can play gta5? 31601bf0-114c-4eab-87c4-64838002f62f
  10. Xbox 360 USB Flash Storage Device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 USB Flash Storage Device: Will the Xbox 360 every support larger than 32GB on a Flash Storage Device... Right now I shuffle between several sticks and would like to upgade to one nice fast 128GB+ for my downloaded...