USB storage stopped working

Discus and support USB storage stopped working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have profile and all saved games on a USB since I share my xbox 360 with another housemate. Today I tried to play, and my profile wouldnt come up.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mywillowtree13, Jun 22, 2014.

1. USB storage stopped working

I have profile and all saved games on a USB since I share my xbox 360 with another housemate. Today I tried to play, and my profile wouldnt come up.

The xbox is not recognising the USB, and no data on there is accessible atm.

Is there anything I can try to do to recover it, or have I lost all my data? -_-

The USB is Toshiba 4GB that I have had no issues using it with the xbox in the past.

:)

mywillowtree13, Jun 22, 2014
  2. Infrablade
    Infrablade Guest
    Is it possible for 2 ext HD's?

Infrablade, Jun 22, 2014
  3. External storage stopped working

hello . I need help . My external storage will not work anymore. The Xbox isn't registering it . I've tried all the reboots etc . Can anyone help me I've tried everything

ATOMICASHTON29, Jun 22, 2014
  4. USB storage stopped working

Did you connect it to a PC to see if there are any files? If not, try that and see what files come up. If that doesn't work, it may be that your USB stick got corrupt. It sadly happens. Do you have a backup of files anywhere just in case?

Also, did you try to use the drive on another console if possible?

Dr Black Bones, Jun 22, 2014
  5. Dr Black Bones Win User

Did you connect it to a PC to see if there are any files? If not, try that and see what files come up. If that doesn't work, it may be that your USB stick got corrupt. It sadly happens. Do you have a backup of files anywhere just in case?

Also, did you try to use the drive on another console if possible?
  6. ArminatorX Win User

my xbox 360 S memory unit will not format

It seems as if the built in Flash memory of the console became corrupted.

Unfortunately, Microsoft stopped servicing the Xbox 360 console. So you probably can't get it repaired or replaced.

You might try to plug an USB drive into your console to use that as an additional memory unit. Insert a USB flash drive or hard disk into any USB port, go to the settings, and under storage have the console set up the USB storage as a console storage device.

If that works, you're good to go. If not, I'm afraid you'll have to get a new console.
  7. IXISTiCKYIXI Win User

Usb storage isnt working

Hey I have a Lexar 16GB and even though its properly configured and passed all tests. It shows up as unconfigured on the system startup. Unplugging and replugging makes it work again, even though its very annoying to do everytime.

Check out my thread on this issue:

forums.xbox.com/.../371695.aspx
  8. voteDC Win User

Usb storage isnt working

Have you been using the drive as 360 storage or to play media files from when plugged into the console?

If the former, are you leaving it permanently plugged in to the console? Some have reported that in doing so the drive is not recognised. Try removing the drive, restarting the console and then putting it in again, it will then hopefully be recognised again.

If the latter, have you recently formatted the drive to NTFS? The 360 only recognises FAT32 and HFS+, so you will need to go back to one of those in order to get the drive to be recognised again for media playback.
  9. Xtremer17 Win User

Multiplayer button not working >_<

I use a usb mass storage device as hard drive(you know, config to xbox storage).

This cheat works with usb storage device too, or just with hard drive?
Thema:

1. USB storage stopped working - Similar Threads - USB storage stopped

2. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...
  3. Xbox Pendrive (USB Storage)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Pendrive (USB Storage): First of all, I know that for games install Xbox requires 256GB+/USB 3.0 devices. But I would like to suggest the minimum space should be decreased to 128GB for game install. In my specific case...
  4. Does a usb takes space when configured for xbox 360 storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does a usb takes space when configured for xbox 360 storage: I configured by 32 gb drive and it was full WHAT HAPPENED??? 97eee52b-8628-4158-b6ef-505f25722417
  5. Change from cloud storage to usb??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change from cloud storage to usb??: I got a couple of 360 games for Xbox one but I want to transfer my save data from Xbox 360 cloud storage to a usb. I have no idea how to do it?? a5907a06-a3d1-498c-bcbb-6109dee26b35
  6. 16GB Usb won't appear on storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    16GB Usb won't appear on storage: I bought GTA V and it said I need a 16GB usb so I bought one and when i plug it in it does not appear in storage. Help please a2fe075a-ae89-4fda-91b9-d28b48d6c9b3
  7. Have a USB internal hard drive connected but Xbox says no storage device connected.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have a USB internal hard drive connected but Xbox says no storage device connected.: I have a USB external 500 gb hard drive connected to my 500 gb Xbox one making it a terabyte. When I go into Injustice gods among us which is b/c on the Xbox one. I get a message saying missing...
  8. USB 3 drive only recognised for media storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB 3 drive only recognised for media storage.: I have a 1tb USB 3 portable hard drive that I've been using as a backup device on my PC but thought it would see better use as storage for my Xbox One S. So I formatted it as NTFS and connected it...
  9. Xbox 360 USB storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 USB storage: I was wondering, if I attach a 3TB external hard drive and format 2TB for Xbox storage, could I then store movies and shows in the rest of the space to be watched on the Xbox?...
  10. probs a silly question but, i need more 'storage' on my old 360 to play gta5 can i use a usb?

in XBoX on Consoles
    probs a silly question but, i need more 'storage' on my old 360 to play gta5 can i use a usb?: my 360 is an old unit with internal storage of only 3Gb can I stick in a blank usb and use that as added storage so I can play gta5? 31601bf0-114c-4eab-87c4-64838002f62f