USB Y cable for Mouse/Keyboard between a Pc and Series X?

Discus and support USB Y cable for Mouse/Keyboard between a Pc and Series X? in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hi everyone A lot of people have had similar questions but i cant find an exact copy of what im looking for/ a simple response that isnt pure jargon... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by AshleyPlatt, Mar 17, 2021.

1. AshleyPlatt
    AshleyPlatt Guest

Hi everyone

A lot of people have had similar questions but i cant find an exact copy of what im looking for/ a simple response that isnt pure jargon so here goes

Does anybody use/ know if a USB Y cable (1f2m) to attach say a keyboard to both a PC and a Series X will work? Or do you need a more powerful kbm?

So id have a keyboard plugged into the female part of the splitter

One male would be plugged into a pc port, the other into the series x

And id use a second splitter for a mouse (so mouse and keyboard are using seperate usb slots)

They would NOT both be on simultaneously - i just want to avoid having to unplug and replug both mouse and keyboard everytime i switch from pc to console - anyone do this already for sure?

And yeah does a simple cable work or does it need a kvm?

Thanks for your time and info on this

:)

AshleyPlatt, Mar 17, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

The primary function of a USB Y cable is to get power to an external USB device using two USB ports. This would thus potentially eliminate the need to connect an otherwise power hungry device to a desktop or a laptop PC without an external power source. It's not meant or designed to daisy chain one keyboard and mouse to two separate machines.

You need a USB switcher instead. Like an HDMI switcher but for USB devices.
  3. AshleyPlatt Win User

Awesome thanks for the help!

I’ll get a hub thingy then^.^!
  4. xA7XxDeathBat Win User

Keyboard and mouse

Good morning! As long as you are talking about the Series S or X, then according to sources yes, almost any Keyboard or Mouse will be suitable. Please see below:

"The USB transmitters that ship alongside wireless gaming mice and keyboards handle all the data communication between your peripherals and your console. This means that almost all wireless keyboards and mice will work with Xbox Series X and S."

There is a very informative article on the devices here:

https://dotesports.com/hardware/news/how-to-use-keyboard-and-mouse-on-xbox-series-x-or-s

Of course, that being said, devices made specifically for the system will have more finely tuned compatibility.

Hopefully this helps!
  5. StormedWheel03 Win User

XBOX 360 Wireless Receiver Won't Connect to XBOX 360 Controller - Windows 7 Pro. 64-bit

Only things plugged into USB are my mouse, keyboard, phone charger cable (no phone plugged in) and the receiver. Oh boy.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Teclado e rato para Xbox

Any USB mouse and keyboard will work. Remember not all games support mouse and keyboard.
Thema:

1. USB Y cable for Mouse/Keyboard between a Pc and Series X? - Similar Threads - USB cable Mouse

2. Will any USB-C cable work with Xbox Series X controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will any USB-C cable work with Xbox Series X controller?: Asking because I am using my old Xbox One play and charge kit battery pack inside my new Xbox Series X controller. As you probably know, though, the charging cable for that battery pack is not...
  3. Xbox series x, no usb-c cable (for controller) included?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x, no usb-c cable (for controller) included?: Hello all, I recently bought a xbox series x. It seems the controller comes without an usb-c cable? I can only use it wireless now... Is this correct or did I miss the cable in the package? It...
  4. How to transfer content from old Xbox 360 drive to new Xbox 360 S using a USB cable with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to transfer content from old Xbox 360 drive to new Xbox 360 S using a USB cable with...: My old Xbox 360 (original release not S) was not working, so I removed the drive and purchased a used Xbox 360 S. I have the USB cable connected to the old drive plugged to the back of new console...
  5. Remapped buttons work only when connected via usb cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remapped buttons work only when connected via usb cable: Hi , I've remapped my xbox one cotroller with xbox accessories , and it was working fine ,when I needed to use it back again with Bluetooth connection so I unpluged the usb but the controller...
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller + USB-C Cable (Xbox Series X/S) doesn't connect to external...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Controller + USB-C Cable (Xbox Series X/S) doesn't connect to external...: The controller was updated to the latest firmware today. The Bluetooth connects immediately to my Pixel phone, a Raspberry Pi400, an old Lynx 7 Windows tablet and a 2018 iPad. It won't connect...
  7. Will the Xbox Rechargeable Battery pack + USB C cable product recharge with a Micro B USB...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Xbox Rechargeable Battery pack + USB C cable product recharge with a Micro B USB...: product in question: https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/accessories/batteries-chargers/play-and-charge-kit Wanted to get a rechargable battery pack for my xbox one controller, the one currently being...
  8. Xbox Wireless Controller + USB-C Cable - Availability

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Wireless Controller + USB-C Cable - Availability: Hello, Does anybody know when this product will be available for purchase in Portugal? So far I only found it in US, and they don't ship it to Europe...
  9. Xbox Elite Controller Series2 won't connect to PC by USB cable

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Elite Controller Series2 won't connect to PC by USB cable: It suddenly won't connect to my PC through the USB cable. It just has no response at all. It can charge, but not even recognize as a device, I don't hear the "Ding dong" sound on Windows 10 when...
  10. Microsoft Xbox one controller wont re-pair after disconnecting USB cable.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Xbox one controller wont re-pair after disconnecting USB cable.: I've seen other threads about this issue and still no fix for this, so I decided to make an updated thread. I play pc games, we all do and sometimes a controller is needed to play certain games....