Use 2 xbox in one house with one account?

Discus and support Use 2 xbox in one house with one account? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have looked all over for an answer to this specific question but I cannot seem to find the sific Lee what I'm asking. All the answers that I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DraxxiSprocket, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Use 2 xbox in one house with one account?

I have looked all over for an answer to this specific question but I cannot seem to find the sific Lee what I'm asking. All the answers that I have gotten elsewhere have been not helpful because they don't address the specific question.

I have my main Xbox series X in my game room. I want to add an Xbox series s to my living room for guests. But I do not want to have to buy all of my games again on another account. So can I use my ONE Account to sign into both xboxes to access my game pass and digital library?

The answer I keep getting with no clarification is that I have to sign into the non-primary Xbox with another account and make it the home account or something and then make my primary Xbox the secondary or something?? I'm very confused about it. Is this even possible?? ONE account, TWO xboxes in the same house?

:)

DraxxiSprocket, Nov 5, 2021
  2. neilhorgan Win User
  3. Smwutches Win User

You would need to sign into the console you wish to make your Home (or primary) and set it as your Home that way. So if you want to share your games on the secondary console, you'll need to sign into the secondary console and set it as your Home, but yes, that's the idea.
  4. DraxxiSprocket Win User

Thanks for the clarification. The front xbox will be 99.9% child /spouse usage.

So, my understanding to share library is that I would make a guest or "dummy" account on the secondary box, set that device as home from my primary device, and then it's good to use?
  5. Smwutches Win User

You can sign into both consoles with your account and use your library on both consoles. You can only play on 1 console at a time with the same account though.

If you are going to be having guests use the console in the living room though, you'll want them to use their own account or create a guest account for them. You never want to let someone else use your account (they could do something to get you banned, buy something on accident, etc.). In that case, you can set that console as your Home to share your games with them. Even if you do that, you can still sign in and play on either console on your own account.
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

Xbox live

We have 2 xbox ones in the house, do we need to buy 2 xbox live subscriptions or can they share one on both consoles
    You can use one subscription on both console inside the same house, set as Xbox home of the profile that own the subscription, the console used by the other user, and use the other console online with the profile that have the subscription active.
Thema:

1. Use 2 xbox in one house with one account? - Similar Threads - house account

2. Multiplayer on two consoles, same gold/game pass account, same house

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiplayer on two consoles, same gold/game pass account, same house: Wife and I want to play Halo MCC co-op together. I have an Xbox One X and Xbox Series X. The XSX is set as the home console. I have a gold/game pass account and she has a silver account. We have...
  3. 3 Xbox's, one house, only 2 accounts.

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 Xbox's, one house, only 2 accounts.: How do i share my xbox live gold with my wife so that way we can play ESO together in whatever room we feel comfortable? Right now she can only play on her console (Xbox one S) which is located in...
  4. Two X-BOX ONE consoles, different houses. Can I use the same account on both consoles???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two X-BOX ONE consoles, different houses. Can I use the same account on both consoles???: I have an X-Box One S and I have an X-Box Live and a Gold account. Can the other X-Box One S console be added to my account??? e9f4c91f-05e6-41f1-b293-ae15c2aface3
  5. 2 xboxes one person - 2 houses - 2 accounts transfer to one. Complex.

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 xboxes one person - 2 houses - 2 accounts transfer to one. Complex.: My Son has an Xbox at his house with his mum - I live in a separate house if we buy another console - another Xbox one - Can he sign out there and sign in here and get access to Xbox live with...
  6. Xbox Series X and Xbox One X in the same house, same account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X and Xbox One X in the same house, same account?: I currently have an Xbox One X. This Winter, when the new Xbox Series X console comes out, can I use my same Xbox account to setup and sign-in to the new Xbox Series X console and still keep my...
  7. Sharing Live account on separate xboxes in same house

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing Live account on separate xboxes in same house: I bought a Live account and was thinking my family could use it as well on a second xbox in our home so we could play together online... Do I have to purchase 2 SEPARATE l Live subscriptions??? If...
  8. Two consoles one house, family account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Two consoles one house, family account.: I have my son as a family member (child) on my Microsoft account; we currently have one Xbox and we switch accounts as needed. However we'd like to play online together - he'd enjoy whipping me...
  9. Sharing LIVE and Game on LAN inside same house on one account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing LIVE and Game on LAN inside same house on one account.: I have checked a bunch of forum threads here, but can't find an answer to this. I bought a Xbox One X today, and my wife got my old Xbox One. LIVE and Game sharing doesen't work at all. Both...
  10. Account on multiple xbox's in house

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account on multiple xbox's in house: Hi. I currently have a xbox one X. My sons birthday is coming up in April and we are looking at getting him a Xbox one S for him. Do we need to pay for 2 lots of subscriptions or can I simply use...