Using a display port with Xbox.

Discus and support Using a display port with Xbox. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a monitor that supports a Display Port input, xbox does not have a Display Port but there are cords with a Display Port on one end and HDMI on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zlixt, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Zlixt
    Zlixt Guest

I have a monitor that supports a Display Port input, xbox does not have a Display Port but there are cords with a Display Port on one end and HDMI on the other, i have used two expensive monitors neither of them worked with the cord. I wonder if this is
    something we will have access to with the next consol.

:)

Zlixt, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Dadwhite Win User

Probably not since display port does not support audio like hdmi. Plus the display port speeds might not support the 4k hi res requirement. Based on what I've seen no current console in development have a display port
  3. ChiefJoboo Win User

Connettere Xbox One S a monitor con DisplayPort

Sebbene xbox sconsigli di farlo, l'unico modo per farlo funzionare correttamente con "display port" è utilizzare un adattatore "attivo" "HDMI" a "Display Port".
    In questo modo la console può comunicare con il monitor e ottenere informazioni sulla risoluzione e altre cose di cui ha bisogno.
    Dovr supportare HDMI 2.0 e Display Port 1.2 per un massimo di 4k a 60hz e Display Port 1.4 per 4k a 60hz o 10 bit a colori.

Although xbox does not recommend doing this, the only way to have this work correctly with "display port" is to use an "active" "HDMI" to "Display Port" adapter. This way the console can communicate with the monitor and get resolution information and other
    things it needs. It will need to support HDMI 2.0 and Display Port 1.2 for a maximum of 4k at 60hz and Display Port 1.4 for 4k at 60hz or 10 bit color.
  4. ThePouchBear Win User

Using my laptop screen as a monitor for my xbox one

Will other devices display on the laptop using the port? If they do then it's a setting on the console; if not it may be a the port/laptop.
  5. CrazY1985 Win User

Would This monitor Get 75hz?

Visit the site of the maker.

A display port can't be used since the xbox one x only has a hdmi out
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Having trouble with HDMI

Hi ribbons0121r121,

Unfortunately you cannot plug in an Xbox One into the HDMI port in a laptop and use it as a display. If I'm not mistaken, laptops only have an HDMI OUT port to passthrough video and audio to another display, like a TV, when using an HDMI cable. It works
    on your TV because the HDMI ports on the TV are only HDMI IN, where the ports are accepting the data. HDMI OUT ports only send data and do not receive data transmitted through an HDMI cable. The cable connects to the HDMI OUT port on the Xbox and plugs into
    a display (TV or monitor) through the HDMI IN port on the display.

You can use the Xbox Console Companion app on the laptop to connect wirelessly while both are connected to the same home network. You need to allow game streaming on the Xbox and be signed into the same account on the console and the app for it too work.
    I suggest reading over "How to use game streaming in the Xbox Console Companion app on Windows 10" for more information on how to set it
    up.

I hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Using a display port with Xbox. - Similar Threads - Using display port

2. Can't play 360 games on xbox one using kids profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play 360 games on xbox one using kids profile: I got my younger cousin on my xbox account using the kid profile thing where he has his own profile but its linked to my xbox live when he tries to play some of the 360 games I have his profile...
  3. Why won't my PC see my Xbox using Wireless display app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my PC see my Xbox using Wireless display app?: When running the app on my Xbox I click on "connect to wireless display" on my PC and it doesn't see anything? PC sits about 15 feet from the Xbox, tried my laptop and it wont see it either. Why...
  4. Sign Text Displaying Random Messages On Lifeboat Networks Survival Servers Using Minecraft ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sign Text Displaying Random Messages On Lifeboat Networks Survival Servers Using Minecraft ...: Hello Community My son often plays Minecraft version 1.2.5 on Windows 10 using my Gamertag / Xbox Live Account. When playing on the survival mode servers on the lifeboat network, every time my...
  5. How do i get invited to use the wireless display app??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i get invited to use the wireless display app??: been seeing it all over the internet and on YouTube people using a Wireless Display app. I'm just wondering how i find someone to invite me so i can use it too. 863e47df-2932-4e8c-8df3-987829b73598
  6. what do you use for Display

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what do you use for Display: On FPS I been using my PC display with my xbox one an it has SOME good results, what do you prefer? Normally I use my 42 LCD HDTV it only has 60Hz :( unfortunately, but I'm upgrading as soon as...
  7. no signal displayed when using HDMI cable but OK when using Xbox 360 component cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    no signal displayed when using HDMI cable but OK when using Xbox 360 component cable: Hello, when the xbox 360 is connected to a HD TV using the xbox 360 component cable the display works fine. When the xbox 360 is connected using a HDMI cable then the screen is blank with "no...
  8. Multiview, Dual View, Using the Displayport (DP), two(2) or more displays, Xbox 360 Console​

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiview, Dual View, Using the Displayport (DP), two(2) or more displays, Xbox 360 Console​: Multiview, Dual View, Using the Displayport (DP), two(2) or more displays, Xbox 360 Console Multiview, Dual View, Using the Displayport (DP) with two(2) or more displays with a Xbox 360 Console....
  9. Is anyone successfully using Xbox One with an All-In-One PC as the display monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone successfully using Xbox One with an All-In-One PC as the display monitor?: I've seen lots of other posts about using PC monitors throughout the forum but haven't found one where someone is using an All-In-One. I have a media room where I will put an All-In-One and would...
  10. Xbox 360 slim wont show any sort of display using HDMI but normal av cables work HDMI cable ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim wont show any sort of display using HDMI but normal av cables work HDMI cable ...: no display using hdmi on xbox 360 slim 07ac2936-ce7b-4474-a83b-521af9145c2b