Using a headset on a old xbox one controller

Discus and support Using a headset on a old xbox one controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; is there any alternative to buying a Xbox One stereo headset adapter in order to use my headset? do I have to buy a new controller? any advice?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OmarMaldonado A., Feb 22, 2021.

1. Using a headset on a old xbox one controller

is there any alternative to buying a Xbox One stereo headset adapter in order to use my headset? do I have to buy a new controller? any advice?

:)

OmarMaldonado A., Feb 22, 2021
  2. GGRaze Win User

Microphone Sensitivity

Hi mpowers96,

You have a old or new model controller?

Look this guides:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/set-up-chat-headset

Or

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/accessories/wired-headset-help
  3. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Can't Hear Game Audio or menu sounds through headset

Hi Joooooooooodie,

Thanks for reaching out! So, the headset used to work before with the controller but suddenly it only worked with chat and nothing else? The new headset did not work with the controller and the other is not updated and they are old controllers, correct? It
    also seems like this is on an Xbox One platform, not a 360 or PC.

Okay, what type of headset is being used? Afterglow, turtle beach, etc. and is it a chat or stereo headset?

Check out the following link for troubleshooting regarding Connecting a compatible headset to Xbox One. Also, try to update the other
    controller and see if it works with the headset.

We hope to hear back soon :)
  4. MAGGIS010 Win User

Xbox One S Controller 3.5mm Headphone Jack, No sound whatsoever

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about the audio issue! Which headset are you trying to use with your Xbox One S controller? Having those details will help us a bunch. In the meantime, I recommend consulting our

Xbox One Headset Compatibility
    page to make sure the headset/cable you're using is compatible. Be sure to check out the 'Standards for audio jacks' section!

Keep us posted!
    Same problem. After update software on Controller. No sound device, then connect via BT. And controller recognize as old xbox(2006yo)
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Problem with a headset

Hey there Nando,

Thanks for the update with the issue with the headset on the Xbox One Controller.
    I recommend taking a look at the following troubleshooting articles:

If the problem persists:

• Try your Headset with another device, such as a laptop, to see if the headset is working.
    • Try using a Headset Adapter for compatibility issues.
    • Try your Headset on another controller, if you can. If the headset works on the second controller, try
      updating the first controlleragain.

Try this out and let us know the results.
  6. keepnitrizzl Win User

“We can’t find a microphone for these people”. Will there be a fix? Don't if this should be under "Post a question" or "Post a discussion"

headset is brand new (1 month old) and if you haven't already read through the whole post I tried the headset on another Xbox (new) controller. Headset is Xbox one compatible.
Thema:

Using a headset on a old xbox one controller

1. Using a headset on a old xbox one controller - Similar Threads - Using headset old

2. After buying a Used controller to replace one of the same type, my headset can only pick up...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After buying a Used controller to replace one of the same type, my headset can only pick up...: So, recently i had a problem with Controller Drift. I didnt feel like going out to get it fix due to Covid and such, so i bought a used controller of the same exact type (Volcanic Ash or something...
  3. Does using the Xbox Wireless Headset on Windows 10 with the Xbox Wireless Adapter USB...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does using the Xbox Wireless Headset on Windows 10 with the Xbox Wireless Adapter USB...: The new Xbox Wireless Headset page suggest that it can connect to a Windows PC using the Xbox Wireless Adapter instead of Bluetooth - presumably to use a similar wireless protocol as when paired...
  4. Still no development on being able to use Dolby Atmos for BOTH Home Theater and Headset at...

in XboX Insiders
    Still no development on being able to use Dolby Atmos for BOTH Home Theater and Headset at...: Come across this thread Has this really still not been addressed in 2021? I cant believe how tedious MS suggestion of "going into the audio settings and manually changing them each time,...
  5. Can’t Chat Using Wireless Headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t Chat Using Wireless Headsets: I have an Xbox X series with 2 Turtle Beach 700 G2 headsets. Both are paired to respective players’ controller. Each player can hear the game sounds and their own voice but not each other. We...
  6. Audio popping issues using Razer Nari Ultimate wireless headset with Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Audio popping issues using Razer Nari Ultimate wireless headset with Series X: The audio keeps popping especially during dialogues, it is very frustrating and impossibile to play (it gives you a very bad headache), this issue occurs when the volume is set from medium to high...
  7. Can you use an external mic with a wireless headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you use an external mic with a wireless headset?: Can you use a wireless headset and an external mic together. (I use the turtle beach Xbox wireless headset but also want an external mic/ desktop mic ) just wondering if the external mic will...
  8. Anyone know how to use a wired headset while on Windows 10?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone know how to use a wired headset while on Windows 10?: I've been attempting to wire in my headset through the new series x controller but it has not registered so far. Is there a certain setting on Windows that I need to enable or disable? submitted...
  9. Having to Unplug Headset to use DTS:X on Surround Sound Amp

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having to Unplug Headset to use DTS:X on Surround Sound Amp: I love my Surround Sound Amp and I love using my Atmos Headphones which plug into my Xbox Series X by USB. I also love using the DTS:X coded for both my surround sound amp and with the Atmos...
  10. sell just the 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable so we can use are old headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    sell just the 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable so we can use are old headsets: could you sell just the 2.5mm 3.5mm converter cable. Now that the new controller only requires it. Been looking at chinese parts on ebay all day...still no luck 42234a86-318e-4bcc-a585-b7f5cd0630fe