Using a headset with my Elite controller disables entire controller

Discus and support Using a headset with my Elite controller disables entire controller in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Pretty much what it says in the title. If I try and use a headset or even earbuds with my Elite controller, it still shows power going to it, but it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Lazarus Finley, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Using a headset with my Elite controller disables entire controller

Pretty much what it says in the title. If I try and use a headset or even earbuds with my Elite controller, it still shows power going to it, but it stops accepting input from buttons after a second or two. I'm using the same headset I've used for a while,
    and it still works with my PC. Because of this, I officially get no game audio at all.

I think I've put this question in the right place, but I'm not sure.

:)

Lazarus Finley, Jul 15, 2019
  2. Allebas Win User

3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Lazarus,

Sometimes that 5-10 second search for update resyncs everything.

I will go ahead and lock this thread as it has been resolved. Please feel free to come back to the forums if you have any other issues, questions, or just want to create a discussion to talk to fellow gamers.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there Lazarus,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with connecting a headset to the Xbox One Elite controller.

I recommend taking a look at the following troubleshooting articles:

If the problem persists:

• Try your Headset with another device, such as a laptop, to see if the headset is working.
    • Try using a Headset Adapter for compatibility issues.
    • Try your Headset on another controller, if you can. If the headset works on the second controller, try
      updating the first controlleragain. If that fails, the controller will
      need to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the Xbox Online Service Center.

If the issue persists, I recommend to contact Customer Support for further assistance or visit the
    Device service and Repair
    site.

Try this out and let us know the results.
  5. Lazarus Finley Win User

It said it didn't have an update, but I got to the update screen, plugged the headset into it, and then hit Update before the controls locked. It did a little update and now it's working fine. Thank you for suggesting I not listen to the "no update available"
    lol.
  6. ZStrucTZ Win User

Xbox One Elite Controller Headset Issues

I had a issue simular to this. I updated my elite controller with the headset adaptor and headset plugged in. I haven't had any problems since then. Are you having headset issues with standard controller or only the elite?
Thema:

1. Using a headset with my Elite controller disables entire controller - Similar Threads - Using headset Elite

2. having problems with the headset wont connect with my controller im using a 3.5mm jack

in XBoX on Consoles
    having problems with the headset wont connect with my controller im using a 3.5mm jack: im having problems with the headset wont connect with my controller im using a 3.5mm jack I tried different controllers and a brand new head set still wont work any ideas ?...
  3. Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX): Hello Xbox support, I've posted this on Reddit already, but after a chat with Xbox support I'm posting this here. The reference from the chat was 1449985394: I just bought the Plantronics RIG...
  4. None of my headsets compatible with my xbox one s anymore they all used to be.

in XBoX Accessibility
    None of my headsets compatible with my xbox one s anymore they all used to be.: None of the headsets I own work on my xbox one s anymore. Tried updating the controller and hard resting the xbox. Wiped it completely apart from games and apps. Nothing worked. When I plug it in...
  5. using a headset and still having chat coming through TV speakers

in XBoX on Consoles
    using a headset and still having chat coming through TV speakers: Hi I am happy for my boy to have a headset and to be able to talk with friends, but I would still like to hear the conversation through the TV speakers. Is this possible? Thank you for any help....
  6. Wireless headset for use with Xbox One X AND smart TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset for use with Xbox One X AND smart TV: I have searched extensively and somehow my use case does not seem to bother most people: I want a wireless headset that I can use for sound and communication with my Xbox when playing, but also...
  7. Unable to hear others using Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to hear others using Headset: Split from this thread. I have this problem and searching for an answer but the problem i have is that i can hear in game and on apps just not in the party. Can soemone please help...
  8. Stereo headset adaptor doesn´t work after one use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stereo headset adaptor doesn´t work after one use: Hi, I have the stereo headset from Microsoft, and it comes with an adapter so I can hear both audio game and chat, I used it the day before yesterday and it worked fine, but yesterday I had no...
  9. Setting up headset while using a wheel in F1 2017/2018

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Setting up headset while using a wheel in F1 2017/2018: Just a basic question. I am playing various racing games on an XBox One X console. I use a wheel and pedal set. The wheel and base do not have a port to plug in a headset. Can I pair a wireless...
  10. Using a PC headset with 3.5mm jack on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using a PC headset with 3.5mm jack on Xbox 360: So I recently picked up an original Xbox 360, and, decided to buy a 3.5mm female to 2.5mm male adapter, so that I could plug my headset, or at the very least some earbuds, into the console, to...