Using a wireless controller with a wired connection (wireless signal vs. wired signal)

Discus and support Using a wireless controller with a wired connection (wireless signal vs. wired signal) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Similar questions have been answered before, but I could not find an answer that specifically addresses wireless vs. wired signals. Doing a tiny bit... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by _Igz_, Jan 12, 2022.

1. _Igz_
    _Igz_ Guest

Using a wireless controller with a wired connection (wireless signal vs. wired signal)

Similar questions have been answered before, but I could not find an answer that specifically addresses wireless vs. wired signals.

Doing a tiny bit of research, I have uncovered the obvious - that a wireless controller can be used with a wired connection. However, previous threads and forums do not specify if the wireless controller continues to send signals wirelessly, using the wired connection to draw power only.

When connecting a wireless controller (e.g. Elite series 2) to the Xbox console, does the controller continue to send signals wirelessly (using the wired connection for power only) or does it send signals via the wired connection?

Thank you!

:)

_Igz_, Jan 12, 2022
  2. _Igz_ Win User

Definitely Helps!

Thank you for your time and answer Jesse!
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

It continues to send it wirelessly. I know this because I use a power pack to charge mine since my USB-C isn't long enough to charge while I play. So I can charge and play at the same time off the console.

Hope this helps
  4. MichaelShelburne Win User

Wired arcade sticks.

The only way to have both plugged in but the wireless be the primary(1st) controller is the method of which you spoke about. The reason behind this is the signaling of the wired controller is much fast in reaching the console than the signaling of wireless
    controller due to in not being directly connected. There is no option in the settings to change this and no work around to it other than having the wireless connected only and then plugging in the wired controller.
  5. Photonimus Win User

Slow Reaction Time

Sounds like external signal interferance messing up the wireless signal of the controller.

If you have a wired controller, or a play and charge kit cord to use as a wire, try that out and see if there's different results.
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Wireless technology?

Hey RK1 Kitt,

While the addition of Bluetooth is for easily connecting to a Windows PC, all Xbox One controllers use Xbox Wireless to connect to the Xbox One console. The Xbox One console emits a wireless signal that the Xbox One controller connects to. While there isn't
    a way to specifically turn this feature off, I suggest using a wired connection for your Xbox One controller and a wired network connection if you are looking to minimize any wireless signals.

Please let us know if this helped answer your question! :)
Thema:

1. Using a wireless controller with a wired connection (wireless signal vs. wired signal) - Similar Threads - Using wireless controller

2. I want to extend the range of the xbox controller to an xbox one using an xbox wireless adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to extend the range of the xbox controller to an xbox one using an xbox wireless adapter: From what I understand the xbox wireless adapter is mainly designed to connect xbox one controllers to windows 10 PCs. However, it does list compatibility with Xbox series x and xbox one too. I'd...
  3. Why use a cable to fix series x controller disconnecting when we all paid for a wireless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why use a cable to fix series x controller disconnecting when we all paid for a wireless...: Getting sick of this now. Controller works fine for weeks , then plays up again, constantly disconnecting. Tried all the updates etc and still same issue. To make matters worse, they expect you to...
  4. Using an Xbox wireless controller with iPad/Mobile

in XBoX on Mobile
    Using an Xbox wireless controller with iPad/Mobile: My son plays Minecraft on his ipad and given there are no xbox series x consoles on the market at the moment, we bought him an xbox wireless controller to use with it. I did research and as long...
  5. X-Cloud issues using xbox wireless controller and frame rate

in XboX Insiders
    X-Cloud issues using xbox wireless controller and frame rate: Hello there I'm having some troubles using X-Cloud Beta on my smartphone, and the app doesn't respond all comands from the Xbox Wireless Controller... Also, the frame rate and game renderizing...
  6. Can’t use my Shock blue wireless controller on iPhone game streaming

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can’t use my Shock blue wireless controller on iPhone game streaming: Hello, I’ve been having issues with this new feature of streaming games onthe IOS, I just updated my iPhone 8 Plus today in case that was the issue but it was no help, tried following youtube...
  7. Can someone extend the wireless range on the xbox controllers using this idea?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone extend the wireless range on the xbox controllers using this idea?: Hi, I would like to house my XBox in an AV Closet/Rack Server Cabinet in a faraway location in the house from the media room. After searching and not finding any real wireless solution...
  8. Xbox Controller won’t connect to console wirelessly. I can only connect using usb

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Controller won’t connect to console wirelessly. I can only connect using usb: I can only connect my controller to my console using a usb cord but I can’t link it wirelessly. I’ve tried changed batteries and nothing. While it linked through the usb I can’t use the connect...
  9. Bug - wireless headset static when controller not in use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bug - wireless headset static when controller not in use: I have the Series X and Lucidsound 35x headphones. Headphones worked great with Xbox One X. Put Series X in same spot and any time I am not actively hitting buttons on the controller there is...
  10. Xbox One controller acting weird when used wireless on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller acting weird when used wireless on PC: Hey everyone, This issue started recently but I haven't been able to get to the bottom of it. My Xbox One controller (bought earlier this year) had been working fine while connected via USB or...