Using Account Balance Beta Idea

Discus and support Using Account Balance Beta Idea in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; We need to be able to use our account balances on Xbox 360 items through other store fronts than the 360 console. Facts are that 360’s are dying and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Lord_Ragnok, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Using Account Balance Beta Idea

We need to be able to use our account balances on Xbox 360 items through other store fronts than the 360 console. Facts are that 360’s are dying and soon will be considered an old school console. Servers won’t be up forever, and one of the latest patches to the 360 makes it freeze the entire console unless your internet is over 150mbps. We also aren’t told anywhere on the gift cards that we can’t use them on 360 games or dlc. We only find out when we go to make a purchase or dig for info on a support page. Long story short: we own a console that is backwards compatible with the content, therefor we should be able to purchase the content through the Xbox One storefront they are offered through. Not trying to sound ungrateful, just think it would make sense to adjust with the times. And I also feel the best place to test this would be on the insider program so as not to cause problems for those who don’t want to test in case it doesn’t exactly work right at first.

submitted by /u/Lord_Ragnok
    [link] [comments]

/u/Lord_Ragnok, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Bluntman1138 Win User

Too difficult to find current balance

The change was announced months ago, so not really "sneaky"

And that is all still part of the BETA as well, and they are not done with the BETA yet. So things will be changed around and some feature added. Whenever you try to purchase something, it will tell you your balance on the account and ask if you want to
    use it. In the mean time, perhaps try to remember what balance you have available, or use it all and dont keep a balance at all.
  3. Ashrevan Win User

Microsoft Account Balance - Beta

Umm.. Another problem. So I have the MSPoints, and I now have a $50 Microsoft Account balance.. but I am unable to buy gold with it? Why is this happening?
  4. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Yes, it should. There have been occasional glitches but the vast majority of cards do turn into local currency.
  5. Ashrevan Win User

Kind of confused me. But I'm gonna take that as a yes, my MSPoints will turn into Local Currency?
  6. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

You can't use your Microsoft account to buy Gold just as you couldn't use MSP to buy Gold.
Thema:

Using Account Balance Beta Idea

1. Using Account Balance Beta Idea - Similar Threads - Using Account Balance

2. Can I use my MS account balance to purchase 360 games?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can I use my MS account balance to purchase 360 games?: I'd like to pick up a couple of the old Tomb Raider games that are 360 games, but backward compatible. When I try to purchase, I am only given the option to charge my credit card. I've got $40+ on...
  3. Using account balance on physical item

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Using account balance on physical item: Am i able to use my microaoft account/xbox balance to buy a physical item from the store, particularly Samsung Galaxy Buds? 5bfa8a0b-1b4d-4064-a355-b7f94b39626f
  4. How do I gain and use Microsoft Account Balance/Fund to buy/pre-order games to get reward ...

in XBoX Rewards
    How do I gain and use Microsoft Account Balance/Fund to buy/pre-order games to get reward ...: Hi to staffs, I have posted a forum earlier, asking how to get the "Make a purchase, earn Reward" 1250 points. I was informed that I will need to use Microsoft Account Balance/Fund to get the...
  5. "Microsoft account balances cannot be used"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Microsoft account balances cannot be used": I bought a $25 Microsoft card with hopes of buying the backwards compatible "Black Ops 3". I got home and was greeted by "Microsoft account balances cannot be used to buy -------" This seems...
  6. Unable to use my MS account balance

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to use my MS account balance: I have about a $12 MS account balance connected to my xbox. The account balance must be used by the middle of this month or I will lose it. Of all the games I was looking at, they all cost more...
  7. Can't use my Luxemburgish account balance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't use my Luxemburgish account balance: Hi, I have an account balance of about 150 € in the Luxemburg region, but I can't buy anything with it as Luxemburg doesn't exist as far as Xbox is concerned. How can I transfer the money to a...
  8. Not able to use Microsoft Account balance to buy items on 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to use Microsoft Account balance to buy items on 360: I have 15$ in my microsoft account and when I want to buy something it gives me the option to click conffirm purchase but when I do, it does not allow me to use my Microsoft account it allows me...
  9. Xbox account balance use for live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox account balance use for live: I just spent $100 to use $60 towards xbox live. I can't use it to extend my live. **** is this? I **** hate you guys 43f66fb8-9d93-43e6-897a-abff74010d84
  10. MS account balance used for payment doesn't show up anymore when purchasing

in XBoX on Consoles
    MS account balance used for payment doesn't show up anymore when purchasing: So i got on my XB1 like usual, and please note that I have $35 in my MS account balance. So I wanted to see if I can pay for a $15 map pack with that balance, and as of today, for some reason, it...