Using an xbox 360 wired controller for pc

Discus and support Using an xbox 360 wired controller for pc in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm installing the Xbox 360 Accesories 1.2 for windows 7 64 bit and when i start running it it says an unexpected error has occurred please run setup... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by canby87, Aug 5, 2014.

1. canby87
    canby87 Guest

I'm installing the Xbox 360 Accesories 1.2 for windows 7 64 bit and when i start running it it says an unexpected error has occurred please run setup program again. What do i do? I've tried restarting my computer and that didn't work.

:)

canby87, Aug 5, 2014
  2. MisterFizzle
    MisterFizzle Guest
    Xbox - controler compatibilty with PC

Hey Screamhurt,

That controller looks to be a console controller, so it won't be compatible with your PC.

I would recommend using a
    Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

MisterFizzle, Aug 5, 2014
  3. TheOnlyNJB
    TheOnlyNJB Guest
    Original Wired Xbox 360 controller for PC?

Hey guys. I'm wondering if it's possible to use an original wired xbox 360 controller to play PC games.

I'm not talking about an official 'Wired xbox 360 controller for Windows', I'm talking about a wired controller that you may find in an xbox 360 bundle.

Cheers.

TheOnlyNJB, Aug 5, 2014
  4. Using an xbox 360 wired controller for pc

DigitalAssassin, Aug 5, 2014
  5. Roberto_Ruggeri Win User

controller for Windows

To play on a PC with an Xbox 360 controller you need to get a wired controller. On Xbox 360 the "wire" is only used for charging on the wireless controller.
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox 360 Controller Connecting to a Windows 10 Laptop

The Play and Charge kit for xbox 360 does NOT allow you to use the controller as wired on a PC. It only transfers power and not data.

To use the xbox 360 wireless controller with a PC you will need the wireless adapter for windows or buy a purely wired USB xbox 360 controller (the kind that you can't take the cable out).
  7. Swift Hen 74 Win User

Xbox 360 wireless controller.

You can't, however you can use a WIRED Xbox 360 controller to play games on a pc as the drivers for the wired controller are built into Windows
  8. StuartATrueRed Win User

xbox 360 controller not working on PC

Is the controller a wireless controller or wired? If it is wireless, how are you connecting it? If by using the play & charge kit, then the Xbox 360 controller will not work, as the cable is only recognized on PC for charging only. You need to use a Xbox
    360 Wireless adapter for PC to connect a wireless Xbox 360 controller to your PC.
  9. Вильгельм Win User

Геймпад [Controller]

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, it looks like you're trying to get a Xbox 360 controller to work on your pc. How is this controller connecting to your PC? Is it a wired controller or wireless controller? If it's a wireless 360
    controller there is a wireless dongle that would be needed to have the controller work on PC. Please let us know.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
    This is wired USB controller. I think that wire is broken.

Sorry for bad English.
Thema:

1. Using an xbox 360 wired controller for pc - Similar Threads - Using 360 wired

2. Using logitech f710 wireless gamepad on xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using logitech f710 wireless gamepad on xbox 360: Hello , i want a gamepade which can be used in pc and xbox 360 i found f710 but some peoople says it can be and some says it can't , do you know anything about this...
  3. Can Xbox 360 Games purchased from the Store using One X be played on my 360 using the same...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Xbox 360 Games purchased from the Store using One X be played on my 360 using the same...: I bought RDR 1 on my Xbox One X through Microsoft store and since its emulated on it i had problems with the game. It being an Xbox 360 game I decided to play it on my Xbox 360. The game shows up...
  4. How do I keep my Xbox 360 games on my 360 and Xbox x games on my Xbox x using the same login?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I keep my Xbox 360 games on my 360 and Xbox x games on my Xbox x using the same login?: How do I keep my Xbox 360 games on my 360 and Xbox x games on my Xbox x using the same login? 634e6ae0-2a98-477b-936e-a9c04a25aed6
  5. My Xbox 360 e used to have 2gb preinstalled But now it is broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 e used to have 2gb preinstalled But now it is broke: My console used to have 2gb of internal memory but it suddenly corrupted and everything went whack, because at the same time this corrupted family settings became permanently on and my network...
  6. XBox 360 wired connection, using Turtle Beach X41, slight Party audio cut out issue in Halo ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox 360 wired connection, using Turtle Beach X41, slight Party audio cut out issue in Halo ...: Hey all. I am running a black Xbox 360 slim (250gB version). I have it on a wired connection into a Cisco wireless router, from an Xfinity Cable Modem. I pay for quick internet and latest...
  7. Is it able to use wired Xbox One gamepad with xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it able to use wired Xbox One gamepad with xbox 360?: Is it able to use wired Xbox One gamepad with xbox 360? d4fc24b0-0272-4802-b7d2-3557f94be452
  8. Wireless Xbox 360 controller plus wired Xbox headset for use on a PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox 360 controller plus wired Xbox headset for use on a PC: Hi, I want to use a wireless xbox 360 controller with a wired xbox headset on my PC, specifically for the game GTA 5. Is this possible? I have just purchased an official xbox USB wireless gaming...
  9. Purchased A Wired Xbox 360 controller for use on my computer, but I think it might me ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased A Wired Xbox 360 controller for use on my computer, but I think it might me ...: I ordered this controller a while back on Amazon, it was fulfilled and recommended on the main product page, so I purchased it and didn't think much of it until I notice it shipped from China....
  10. 360 wired steering wheel..can i use it with xbox one ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 wired steering wheel..can i use it with xbox one ?: is it possible to use my 360 steering wheel with xbox one ? ffea32b6-3318-42ec-9aa6-4b9b4c2b4370