Using controller to "wake up" console causes erratic movement on screen without input

Discus and support Using controller to "wake up" console causes erratic movement on screen without input in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Normally I turn the console on via console Nexus button. Today used the controller to "wake up" console from Instant on and after inputting passkey the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/AquarrzSudnnym, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Using controller to "wake up" console causes erratic movement on screen without input

Normally I turn the console on via console Nexus button. Today used the controller to "wake up" console from Instant on and after inputting passkey the Dashboard appeared as normal but any navigation input caused the screen to move too far down the screen. Movement "clicks" can be heard after it reaches the bottom of the dashbord without any input from me with the controller.

It also happens in the Guide. Options are randomly selected without any controller input.

This issue only appears if I use the controller to turn console on.

Latest controller firmware is intalled and power setting is Instant on. Reported.

Anyone else experience this issue?

submitted by /u/AquarrzSudnnym
    [link] [comments]

/u/AquarrzSudnnym, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Thumpah da Wolf Win User

360 Controller Issue!

Hello Kraken 322, as much as it sounds like a loss for an answer, it sounds like your controller is likely just coming to the end of it's life cycle. After 2 years of use, the small parts that tell the xbox where the joysticks are located on their axis get
    worn out and start to cause some erratic movements. Your best solution would be to pick up a new controller, which isn't a perfect solution as it costs a fair amount of cash, but you can also try picking up a used one. Hope this helps a bit.
  3. Internet Expert Win User

New Xbox One S - Controller problems?

If the controller goes back to normal (non-laggy) responsiveness after the console wakes, there's probably nothing to worry about. The delay is likely the controller and console reinitializing the wireless connection once the console goes back into active
    use.

When the screen dims after the console hasn't received any input, it will eventually turn off the controller to save batteries. The controller will need a second to re-sync once you get back on.
  4. PALAROO1 Win User

Xbox One Controller Drifting Up

I am also having the drift issue with a controller. It pretty much makes a game unplayable if it requires fine motor movement because the character keeps moving foward without any input.
  5. Ezorith Win User

Screen dimming not working any more

Were there any controllers connected? If your controller is suffering from control drift this could cause to send inputs to your console and prevent it from idling. Try disconnecting any controllers and see if you're able to trigger the screen to dim.
  6. WiiUrules Win User

Controller can't turn on Xbox One console!

My elite controller is up to date and thats the one I have been using. If i plug my controller in by usb the system will turn on just like if i was to touch the xbox one logo on the system. really anoying this is. What would cause my system to go into such
    a deep sleep in instant on that my controller wont wake the system up. If i turn the system on by hand in the morning i can use the controller all day but when i dont use the console four like 12 hours then the controller wont wake the system up. On energy
    saving mode the controller can wake the system up every time but boot times are to long. I like instant on. Just want the controller to always work to turn it on.
Thema:

Using controller to "wake up" console causes erratic movement on screen without input

1. Using controller to "wake up" console causes erratic movement on screen without input - Similar Threads - Using controller wake

2. Elite controller series 2 can't use left stick forward and LT and same time.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller series 2 can't use left stick forward and LT and same time.: Just got my controller back from square trade "fixing" left stick issues. Left stick is now responsive. I mostly play COD, i can't walk forward with left stick and then press left trigger to aim....
  3. Does anyone know what type of charger cable should be used for a Xbox Series X controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know what type of charger cable should be used for a Xbox Series X controller...: Hey everyone, I noticed that the XBSX does not come with a charger cable for the new controller. I personally need a 10 foot cable as my couch is about 8 feet away from where my console is. I...
  4. Connecting Xbox one controller using a Micro-USB to USB Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Connecting Xbox one controller using a Micro-USB to USB Windows 10: When I plug a Micro USB into my xbox one controller and then plug it in to my laptop, it doesn't recognize it as a device. 1e5b0d09-3d10-4919-9218-7507a6572ed5
  5. How to use xbox controller to enter my passcode?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to use xbox controller to enter my passcode?: Hi I am trying to set up a passcode for my xbox but I do not understand the symbols next to the numbers. What buttons do I use if I want a passcode to include the number 8 or 7? Thanks...
  6. Second Xbox controller won't connect to PC (using USB)

in XBoX on Windows
    Second Xbox controller won't connect to PC (using USB): Hey, I have 2 xbox controller, there's one I can connect via USB and play anytime I want, will always work. Thing is, I'd like to connect my second xbox controller but my PC doesn't recognize it...
  7. Use Xbox One controller as a keyboard?

in XBoX on Windows
    Use Xbox One controller as a keyboard?: Hi! I would like to know if there was software that would allow me to type with an xbox. Something like this: On screen keyboard with xbox controller navigation (D-pad to move and A to type) I...
  8. Xbox One controller acting weird when used wireless on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller acting weird when used wireless on PC: Hey everyone, This issue started recently but I haven't been able to get to the bottom of it. My Xbox One controller (bought earlier this year) had been working fine while connected via USB or...
  9. Battletoads (PC Game Pass) won't let me use an Xbox One controller for player 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battletoads (PC Game Pass) won't let me use an Xbox One controller for player 1: When I launch the game I can only control it with keyboard and mouse. When I get to the character select screen if I press start on the controller it adds a player two, but there's no way to use...
  10. Do I have to buy an adapter to use a microphone headset with and xbox one controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I have to buy an adapter to use a microphone headset with and xbox one controller?: I want to be able to talk through an headset microphone to record voice while playing xbox one s game. Do I need to purchase an adapter for my controller to be able to speak through my microphone...