Using Mojang Minecraft account for Microsoft Minecraft.

Discus and support Using Mojang Minecraft account for Microsoft Minecraft. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey, so I bought minecraft from minecraft.net about like 6 years ago. My friend wants to cross-platform with me, and whenever I go to the microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Complexinq, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Complexinq
    Complexinq Guest

Hey, so I bought minecraft from minecraft.net about like 6 years ago. My friend wants to cross-platform with me, and whenever I go to the microsoft store, "Minecraft" isn't in my Library, even though the account is still associated with it. Do I really
    have to purchase Minecraft (Microsoft edition) separately in order to be able to cross platform with my friend?

:)

Complexinq, Mar 18, 2020
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Minecraft

When you redeemed your Java Minecraft on Mojang, you have gotten a 5x5 code to redeem Minecraft on the Windows 10 store.

This redemption is a separate service of your Mojang account, and it's possible to use a Microsoft Account email that is different from your Mojang account email.

Mojang (which gives you Java Minecraft) is separate from the Microsoft Windows Store App, which uses a Microsoft Account email when you redeemed that 5x5 code.

After redemption of that code, the Windows 10 Minecraft is tied to the Microsoft Account email you used on your Windows 10 PC. From then on, you don't really need the Mojang account anymore, if you only want to play on Windows 10. You will then get the game
    from the Windows 10 store only, with the E-Mail account you used on the Windows 10 store during code redemption.

So make sure you are signed in with the Microsoft Account email (which might not necessarily be the Mojang account email) when you use the Windows 10 Store app to re-download your Windows 10 Minecraft again.
  3. CheezyDibbles66 Win User

My Xbox account keeps crashing when I join MCPE.

If this is minecraft pocket edition this is a mojang problem and not your microsoft account
  4. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

You may have to.

The Minecraft.net version of Minecraft is the 'Java' version while the Microsoft/Windows 10 version that runs on console, mobile and well... Windows, is the Bedrock version. As far as I am aware cross-play between console, mobile, and Windows PC is only
    for that Bedrock version while the Java version is Mojang's 'original' and more frequently supported version (for lack of better terms.)

Here are some places to read about that.

https://aleforge.net/how-to-choose-between-minecraft-java-and-bedrock-editions/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/bkxi31/java_vs_bedrock_what_are_the_differences/

Its highly unlikely you'd be entitled to a Bedrock copy of the game but, considering you own the Java port through Minecarft.net... Mojang support may be able to help you or give you a discount or something if you inquire about it but that's seriously a
    stretch if I am being honest.

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
  5. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

At one point in time mojang was offering bedrock to any users that owned Java. I have both on my PC because of this. I am not sure if they still have this promo or not. You were able to redeem it from your mojang account back when they had this offer going.
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Cant sign in on my minecarft Nintendo switch

Hi SpirantChair669,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. Are you able to log into your Microsoft account at
    account.microsoft.com or
    xbox.com successfully? Are you having issues connecting your Microsoft account for Minecraft on the Switch, or your Mojang (Minecraft) account?

If you're able to successfully log into your Microsoft account, but are having difficulty in getting your Minecraft/Mojang account to connect successfully, then I recommend that you reach out to Mojang Support so that they may further assist you with getting
    connected.

Minecraft for Nintendo Switch FAQ

Mojang Support

I hope that this helps you out!
Thema:

1. Using Mojang Minecraft account for Microsoft Minecraft. - Similar Threads - Using Mojang Minecraft

2. How can I stop someone from using my profile on a different xbox console

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop someone from using my profile on a different xbox console: Someone keeps logging into my live account and using my profile. That causes me to be signed out. How can I stop this? 181406d5-82ac-467f-9eb2-57b39203b415
  3. Screen Flickering - Using non 4K TV - Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen Flickering - Using non 4K TV - Xbox One X: Hi , I recently ordered xbox one x and started using on my non 4K tv . it was working fine but all off a sudden now the screen has started flickering and dosent stop. I have created a return but...
  4. Using my portable charger with my xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using my portable charger with my xbox controller: Hi, my AA batteries died in my xbox one controller and I didn't have anymore batteries. I went on YouTube and I tried and a video told me that I can plug my controller into an outlet with a phone...
  5. Can you please add this to Xcloud Xcloud. my dad bought this for me and him to use on our...

in XboX Insiders
    Can you please add this to Xcloud Xcloud. my dad bought this for me and him to use on our...: My suggestion is to allow dlc from a home xbox to be playable on another account on Xcloud Streaming. submitted by /u/CentralBat [link] [comments]
  6. Friend of a friend using my actual picture as profile pic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friend of a friend using my actual picture as profile pic: A friend of a friend is using an embarrassing actual picture as his profile picture. I showed some friends in fb messenger. I did not give him permission to post it online. How can i stop this?...
  7. Kinect having problems while in use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect having problems while in use: I tried using my kinect this week to voice chat and play games that I've been wanting to go back to, but my kinect keeps turning off while I'm using it, and I tried placing the cable in different...
  8. My friend can't link her microsoft acount to her mojang account because she's using a mac...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend can't link her microsoft acount to her mojang account because she's using a mac...: Please help and feel free to ask for more details 4976221a-950f-4d3e-a3b8-0df41d88961c
  9. How can i sign into mojang using my microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i sign into mojang using my microsoft account?: Ive done it before but its not letting me do it again, ive tried signing in with my details, but it keeps saying wrong password or email. I tried do a password reset and typed in my email, but it...
  10. Redeem code from Mojang for Minecraft for Windows 10, redeemed using a Mac by mistake.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeem code from Mojang for Minecraft for Windows 10, redeemed using a Mac by mistake.: Hello Can anyone help? We followed the redeem link provided by Mojang for the copy of Minecraft for Windows 10, it instantly tried to redeem, detected we were on a Mac and said it wasnt...