using my HP laptop as a tv

Discus and support using my HP laptop as a tv in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; how do I use my laptop as a tv screen for my xbox one x without having to use an tv e61ae925-af8a-4739-85ad-b310d133c168 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PapiJosh2324, Jul 20, 2019.

1. PapiJosh2324
    PapiJosh2324 Guest

how do I use my laptop as a tv screen for my xbox one x without having to use an tv

:)

PapiJosh2324, Jul 20, 2019
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

You need to stream your console to your laptop (Has to have Windows 10) with The Xbox Console Companion app. Start the Xbox One, then start the Console companion app, then select the connect icon on the left side of the app, and your console should show,
    just select it, and select stream, that will then stream your console to your laptop.
  3. Vnin2007 Win User

It probably won't support 4k but you turn on your xbox login on your account on your tv turn off the tv run the xbox companion app on your laptop login on that to connect to your xbox and then stream to your xbox
  4. WPAK Win User

4k support isn't a requirement to use a Xbox One X, it works fine on any TV/Monitor to which a standard Xbox One can connect to
  5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

most (if not all) laptops don't have a video IN port, so you won't be able to use the screen for anything else other then it's own video input.

The only option you can try to see if it is an option for you is to stream to the laptop, details for that can be found here:

https://support.xbox.com/games/game-setup/how-to-use-game-streaming
  6. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Josh

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums.

As stated above by Xbox Forums Ambassador WPAK, unless you have a third party adapter that allows the HDMI "Input" [majority of laptops come
    with a "Output" port which will only let you display your laptop image onto a tv or projector, or even use it as an extended monitor] the only option you will have will be to use the streaming feature on the Windows 10 Xbox Companion App.

You can follow the links provided above for more info, just make sure both your laptop and your console are on the same network.

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!
Thema:

1. using my HP laptop as a tv - Similar Threads - using laptop

2. unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion: I got a new laptop, updated everything then tried to use the xbox app (xbox console companion) to stream from my xbox one S to my laptop. It will let me stream only once after I start up xbox but...
  3. Are my Xbox 360 games no longer useful if I dont buy a Xbox One? (I have a powerfull laptop)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are my Xbox 360 games no longer useful if I dont buy a Xbox One? (I have a powerfull laptop): So, the main issue is, I do no longer play with my Xbox 360, it works fine, but I do not have it with me. However, I bought several games in physical format such as "Resident Evil" and "Gears of...
  4. Using my laptop screen as a monitor for my xbox one

in XBoX on Windows
    Using my laptop screen as a monitor for my xbox one: I am trying to play my xbox one on my laptop, as I have no TV, And I am trying to use an HDMI cable to be able to use my laptop screen as a monitor for my xbox one. I have searched everywhere on...
  5. My Xbox one starts when i use netflix on my laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox one starts when i use netflix on my laptop: Hi, Each time i use Netflix on my laptop, Xbox one start alone ! It is not an automatic update of Xbox.. Does anyone know this issue ? Thanks in advance. Regards....
  6. I buy some Gift card and put it in the account, but they can't use for buy laptop, how can...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I buy some Gift card and put it in the account, but they can't use for buy laptop, how can...: I buy some Gift card and put it in the account, but they can't use for buy laptop(the laptop I use now is too heavy:( ), how can I do... can i turn it into money or other ways to solve it? thank...
  7. How can I use my laptop as a monitor?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I use my laptop as a monitor?: I wat to project something to my laptop with the HDMI but I cant 2f357c0a-fb1f-4e84-ae60-d783c5157010
  8. signing on to my wifes laptop using my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    signing on to my wifes laptop using my password: how can I play wordgames on my wifes laptop using my login a9dbd92e-1b48-4d12-8945-55a90311abe6
  9. I can't use the xbox app on my laptop

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use the xbox app on my laptop: it has the error code of 0x83750007 and when typed in nothing comes up b5bd5c83-0663-4439-84aa-6613cc760dfc
  10. Need help connecting my 360 to my laptop using my tethering hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help connecting my 360 to my laptop using my tethering hotspot: Out internet is done via tethering with our ATT data and we have never had an issue with our previous 360 nor our Xbox One. We have a new 360 console in my son's room, it is an older Elite model...