Using my keyboard / mouse for Minecraft Dungeons on my Surface Go via XBox

Discus and support Using my keyboard / mouse for Minecraft Dungeons on my Surface Go via XBox in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello! Last night I purchase Minecraft Dungeons on my Surface Go via the XBox app assuming I'd be able to use the keyboard / mouse pad of the Surface... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by KateBovell, Oct 20, 2020.

1. KateBovell
    KateBovell Guest

Hello!

Last night I purchase Minecraft Dungeons on my Surface Go via the XBox app assuming I'd be able to use the keyboard / mouse pad of the Surface Go, but the game controller seems to come up as the only control / accessibility option. Can this be changed?
    I don't have a game controller, so the game is useless to me if I can't access it this way. If this is the case, will I be able to return it and get a refund?

Thanks for your help!

Kate

:)

KateBovell, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Arminator Win User

DOUBT!

The Xbox can't be controlled by keyboard and mouse through the Stream mode at all. While it's possible in the Minecraft Bedrock Edition to use Keyboard and mouse, all other games don't accept keyboard and mouse input at all.

You might have to try Minecraft, if you can control it via Keyboard and mouse while streaming to your PC.
  3. Xabled Win User

Lets Talk Mouse & Keyboard Support for Xbox

On a side not, my wireless keyboard in my previous post in the pictures, CAN connect to my Xbox One X console. But I think it can only be used for messaging friends and for the Xbox One UI. It even works in Minecraft using the keyboard to write signs in
    Minecraft.

However it doesn't look like many Xbox games you can play the game solely off a keyboard and mouse.

I thought a lot of Xbox people supported a keyboard and mouse on Xbox.... Well in reality, it's not what it seems. The controller still wins. But it's not Microsoft's fault. It's down to the game developers too.

It costs game developers money and time to waste their time configuring an update for a platform which the majority of the market isn't even on (PC has the highest market of users). It would have to be beneficial for the game developer to implement an Xbox
    game to accept keyboard and mouse.

It would be good though if they implemented this for those who want it on Xbox.
    AND ANOTHER THING MINECRAFT ON XBOX USES MOUSE AND KEYBOARD CAPABILITIES *MIND BLOWN* WHERE ARE THE 12 YEAR OLD SCREAMING ITS NOT FAIR
  4. smileskybird Win User

Lets Talk Mouse & Keyboard Support for Xbox

On a side not, my wireless keyboard in my previous post in the pictures, CAN connect to my Xbox One X console. But I think it can only be used for messaging friends and for the Xbox One UI. It even works in Minecraft using the keyboard to write signs in
    Minecraft.

However it doesn't look like many Xbox games you can play the game solely off a keyboard and mouse.

I thought a lot of Xbox people supported a keyboard and mouse on Xbox.... Well in reality, it's not what it seems. The controller still wins. But it's not Microsoft's fault. It's down to the game developers too.

It costs game developers money and time to waste their time configuring an update for a platform which the majority of the market isn't even on (PC has the highest market of users). It would have to be beneficial for the game developer to implement an Xbox
    game to accept keyboard and mouse.

It would be good though if they implemented this for those who want it on Xbox.
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Minecraft Keyboard

6. SGTxJEFFSKYLION Win User

How could or would a game like Age of Empires work on console?

the original Xbox only came with a controller. the Xbox 360 only came with a controller. the Xbox One comes with a controller. you can't buy an Xbox One with a Keyboard and Mouse.
    in my opinion if they don't sell them with a Keyboard and Mouse they shouldn't have support for Keyboard and Mouse. if you want to use
    Keyboard and Mouse you should play on a PC and not on a console.
Thema:

1. Using my keyboard / mouse for Minecraft Dungeons on my Surface Go via XBox - Similar Threads - Using keyboard mouse

2. how can i use my mouse and keyboard and play games on remote play pc

in XBoX on Windows
    how can i use my mouse and keyboard and play games on remote play pc: how can i use my mouse and keyboard and play games on remote play pc 9f356ec7-fcb3-467b-be09-949a97778d27
  3. so on my series x, Im using mouse and keyboard, and I'm wondering if there's any way to...

in XboX Insiders
    so on my series x, Im using mouse and keyboard, and I'm wondering if there's any way to...: It's honestly just painful trying to use discord with the keyboard popping up every time I send a message submitted by /u/Jotaro_Kuhoe_ [link] [comments]
  4. XBOX: Mouse and Keyboard users using Xims and hardware that allows MnK on any game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX: Mouse and Keyboard users using Xims and hardware that allows MnK on any game: So I was just playing a game of Rainbow Six Siege and I cant enjoy it because when I was just having fun and on a win streak with some friends, I end up in a game with some MnK users on XBOX not...
  5. Can you get banned for using the XIM APEX dongle to use a mouse and keyboard on games that...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you get banned for using the XIM APEX dongle to use a mouse and keyboard on games that...: I know a lot of people use it but I just want to make sure. 49eaecaa-3f32-4f51-8154-500fc4236c66
  6. Does using the XIM APEX dongle to use a mouse and keyboard on games that aren't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does using the XIM APEX dongle to use a mouse and keyboard on games that aren't...: We all know that a lot of people already use it but I want to know if it's allowed. I know that Xbox allows the use of Mouse and Keyboard now but I need to be sure if they only allow it on games...
  7. Xcloud gaming - can you use mouse / keyboard?

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud gaming - can you use mouse / keyboard?: I've always been a PC gamer; able to build /upgrade my gaming rig for around $600 every 4-5 years. Recently, due to rising graphics card prices, I've transitioned into cloud gaming via stadia and...
  8. Testing Xcloud for PC in Edge, anyway to use Mouse and Keyboard?

in XboX Insiders
    Testing Xcloud for PC in Edge, anyway to use Mouse and Keyboard?: Hello, I'm trying out the Xbox.com beta for PC Xcloud using Edge, it works like magic, but I see no option to use Mouse and Keyboard for any of the games. submitted by /u/CaptainManThing...
  9. Streaming Xbox to Windows 10 PC and using a keyboard/mouse

in XBoX on Windows
    Streaming Xbox to Windows 10 PC and using a keyboard/mouse: How do I use my keyboard and mouse while streaming my Xbox on my pc, it gives a prompt of connecting my controller why can't I do the same thing with my keyboard and mouse....
  10. using keyboard/mouse remotely with Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    using keyboard/mouse remotely with Xbox one: My son wants to play some Xbox games using a keyboard mouse combination. I have figured out how to send the Xbox one to our networked PC (remote feature). However, I want to still use the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to play minecraft dungeon with keyboard and mouse in ps4

2. is minecraft dungeons compatible with keyboard and mouse on xbox one