Using the Xbox One S controller for both console and phone.

Discus and support Using the Xbox One S controller for both console and phone. in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I received the invite to try out the xCloud streaming app for my Android phone and I've been trying it out off and on for the past few weeks without... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by SnackPack83, Dec 30, 2019.

1. SnackPack83
    SnackPack83 Guest

I received the invite to try out the xCloud streaming app for my Android phone and I've been trying it out off and on for the past few weeks without much issue. However, when I connect my controller with my phone via Bluetooth I have to do the process all
    over again from the start to pair it and then move forward without a problem. But when I am done how do I turn off the controller? I saw a YouTube video that had the guy hold down the xBox button in the middle of the controller and that solved the issue. But
    then I have to pair my controller with my console again every time via either a USB cable or resyncing it.

How do I avoid this issue of having to pair my phone and my console after every time I use my phone? Can I turn off the controller another way that doesn't involve removing the battery pack or desyncing the controller from both my console and phone?

:)

SnackPack83, Dec 30, 2019
  2. SnackPack83 Win User

That's fair. I must have forgotten about that link. I appreciate your reply.
  3. SnackPack83 Win User

That sucks to hear but at least I wasn't doing something wrong on my end. I appreciate your quick reply on this one.
  4. Kevenstu01 Win User

hi SnackPack83

unfortunately you cannot, the controller is set to ''always'' connect to the last synced device.

you will have to sync your controller every time you want to switch device

and turning off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button until it turn off is the intended way of turning it off without turning the Xbox off (when synced to an Xbox), or when synced to another device other then the Xbox
  5. AngelObullets Win User

6. XBF Leo G Win User

Joysticks not working on Project xCloud

Hello DavidDunlop3,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Xbox controller's dpad and joysticks are not functioning while the controller is connected to your cell phone. Are you using a Xbox One S or Xbox One X controller? We recommend making
    sure that your cell phone is up to date. Also, we suggest
    updating your controller
    . The controller update can be completed through a console or Windows 10 computer. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. Using the Xbox One S controller for both console and phone. - Similar Threads - Using controller both

2. Xbox One Controllers and problems with using headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controllers and problems with using headsets: Hi, We have gone through several controllers over the last couple years. The controllers themselves work fine when it comes to game play. However, we have run into issue after issue with the...
  3. XBox controller vibration when using steering wheel

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox controller vibration when using steering wheel: Hi, I recently bought a steering wheel and pedal set for my xbox to do some racing, but it doesn't have any vibration or force feedback. I'm wondering is there any way to make the xbox...
  4. Bye Sign In Using The Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bye Sign In Using The Controller: Whenever i’m Playing games Like Minecraft, Jump Force My Xbox Keeps Signing Me Out Of My Account, So Does any Have Ideas to Fix my Problem? ecf38ba7-46ea-453a-bf57-f2117b2eb0d7
  5. Anyone know how I can keep my custom controller button map while using console stream from...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone know how I can keep my custom controller button map while using console stream from...: I use a xbox one s controller which has Bluetooth obviously and on it I put a custom button map. The issue is that map never ever carries over to the phone and it's really frustrating. Come to...
  6. Usar um controle de ps4 no xbox game pass[Use a ps4 controller in the xbox game pass]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Usar um controle de ps4 no xbox game pass[Use a ps4 controller in the xbox game pass]: Olá, bom, eu gostaria de utilizar o controle dualshock 4 para usufruir dos jogos do xbox game pass. Jogo com ele nos jogos de enredo na steam, e gostaria de fazer o mesmo aqui na microsoft....
  7. Using a Ipega controller on Xbox GamePass Games

in XBoX on Windows
    Using a Ipega controller on Xbox GamePass Games: Please help me! I want to play my Xbox GamePass games on PC, with my Ipega controller. But it´s not possible here! The controller works OK, but most Xbox Game Pass games don´t recognise it. How...
  8. Using PS4 controller w/ project Xcloud beta

in XboX Insiders
    Using PS4 controller w/ project Xcloud beta: Hello! So I'm very new to game streaming in general, haven't had an Xbox in awhile. Saw that Xcloud was a thing and enrolled, got my invite today. Does anyone have any tips for using a PS4...
  9. Can I control Xbox child account settings if they use an iPad and the Xbox app for iOS?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can I control Xbox child account settings if they use an iPad and the Xbox app for iOS?: I recently set up a child account for my son. He uses the Xbox app on his iPad to chat to his friends at school, but recently I set up a child account and now he can’t add any friends. On the Xbox...
  10. Headphone jack broke after not very much use on both of my controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone jack broke after not very much use on both of my controllers: On both of my controllers the headphone jack just moves around, side to side, and due to this i can sometimes get it into the right spot but if I even lightly move it the headphones disconnect, I...