Using TV remote on console not working

Discus and support Using TV remote on console not working in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I just got the new beta and in the CEC settings I see the use TV remote for console option. This is not working for me, is this working for other... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/jamesmc105, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Using TV remote on console not working

I just got the new beta and in the CEC settings I see the use TV remote for console option. This is not working for me, is this working for other people? Also I have a Google chrome cast with Google TV remote and was wondering if this will work on the xbox as well?

submitted by /u/jamesmc105
    [link] [comments]

/u/jamesmc105, Oct 27, 2021
  2. RobHanson Win User

Several factory restores after accessory purchases

Here's the latest on this. After days of troubleshooting over twitter with support, I was able to get the remote to work on the console in another room on a different tv. I then brought it back to my living room tv and set it back up and nothing again. It
    will work if I turn the console 90 degrees to the right but since the remote needs direct line of sight this is of no help. My question at this point is what could interfere with the xbox media remote that uses IR tech but with no other remote in my living
    room including a wii u controller to operate volume, a tv remote, and an Apple TV remote? I get that there is interference but why with a single remote out of 4 in the room?
  3. Mister_Tez Win User

Question about upcoming Xbox one remote

The official news post about the remote *only* says that Kinect is used for IR blasting your TV and your AV receiver. It doesn't say that Kinect is used to receive the remote's signals for controlling the console itself.

Given that, and given that the console does have its own IR receiver, I'd assume that control of the console itself is direct using the remote. Kinect is just needed for TV/AV control, as the remote does not send signals to those directly.

Remote > IR > Console = console control.

Remote > IR > Console---Kinect > IR > TV & AV = TV & AV control
  4. Temhotabot Win User

Xbox 360 S remote

[quote user="iRaydawg"]

Hey guys, I see that some are trying to get the remote to change channels on your tv. Well the media remote only controls the tvs functions of power on/off, volume up/down, mute and TV input.

[/quote]

Then why bother putting number buttons and a channel up/down button on the remote? I'm disappointed that I have to use two remotes for my TV/Xbox.

@Turvey, which remote did you purchase that works on both your TV/Xbox? I have a Philips/White Console.
  5. KingOfTheRen Win User

XBox One S - PDP - Talon Media Remote, Can't program this receiver

Hmmm, I'm using that exact same media remote for my living room console! Are you positive that the remote can do that? I can turn up the volume on my TV with the remote but not the volume of my external big speakers. Even with the TV volume i find the
    remote to be very unresponsive, takes multiple clicks to register or just won't work sometimes.
  6. Mrliddell76 Win User

XBox 360 media remote code for SamSung Hp-S5053

Program the media remote for your TV

Before your media remote can work with your television set, you need to program it for use with your particular brand of TV. There are two ways to program your media remote: manually entering your TV code or scanning to find your TV code.

Note After 30 seconds of inactivity, the media remote will exit the TV programming mode. Pressing any button besides Select, 0–9, or Channel Up/Down returns the media remote to its original mode and ends programming mode. Now, take the batteries out of the
    remote for about 3 - 5 minutes to allow it to reset. From there replace the batteries in the remote and try the instruction that came with the remote (PDF). If that doesn't work then try to program the remote to a different tv to make sure the remote works
    properly. Please just remember to program the remote within 9 seconds to prevent the

remote from resetting again in the middle of programming it.

Watch the following video to see how to program the media remote for your TV.
Thema:

Using TV remote on console not working

1. Using TV remote on console not working - Similar Threads - Using remote console

2. Remote play when you use game pass on the PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play when you use game pass on the PC?: Hey everyone, so im using the xbox game pass on the PC but my husband uses his Xbox, he remote plays on break at work through his tablet. I am wondering if there is any way to be able to use the...
  3. how can i use my mouse and keyboard and play games on remote play pc

in XBoX on Windows
    how can i use my mouse and keyboard and play games on remote play pc: how can i use my mouse and keyboard and play games on remote play pc 9f356ec7-fcb3-467b-be09-949a97778d27
  4. CEC Use TV Remote As Controller - Still Not working.

in XboX Insiders
    CEC Use TV Remote As Controller - Still Not working.: Two weeks ago I posted about this and have also reported the problem 3 timew on my xbox via "report a problem". I've done every type of troubleshooting I can think of and still will not work. I'm...
  5. Is it possible to use remote play for local multiplayer?

in XboX Insiders
    Is it possible to use remote play for local multiplayer?: I'm planning to play with a friend using game streaming. Is it possible to connect 2 controllers to my PC and play splitscreen Halo for example? Or does remote play coop multiplayer only work with...
  6. Use your TV remote to control your Xbox for Xbox One X ?

in XboX Insiders
    Use your TV remote to control your Xbox for Xbox One X ?: Is this new feature only available for the Series X or should I be able to use it on my One X as well? I do NOT see an option my settings (running the newest Alpha Skip available) This is what...
  7. Is it possible to use Xbox remote play to play local co-op games with multiple non Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    Is it possible to use Xbox remote play to play local co-op games with multiple non Xbox...: I have tried Xbox remote play on my PC. It's works great with my dualshock controller. But when I wish to play some local co-op games with others, the Xbox remote play only define all connected...
  8. Can two players using one xbox one console both chat to other players playing remotely?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can two players using one xbox one console both chat to other players playing remotely?: At the moment were finding that only player one can speak to other players. Player 2 can just hear the game sounds. Thanks 8a79dbe1-81d7-4c3a-92da-651adb8a1e55
  9. With latest October 2018 update on Xbox console, remote debugging using Visual studio is ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    With latest October 2018 update on Xbox console, remote debugging using Visual studio is ...: Remote Debugging on Xbox One Console is failing with below error. Error DEP6957 : Failed to connect to device '192.168.1.2' using Universal Authentication. Please verify the correct remote...
  10. Can't remotely turn on or off console when used for streaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't remotely turn on or off console when used for streaming: Hi all, Recently bought an Xbox Elite bundle and all is working well apart from 2 minor annoyances. Console works well for streaming across the network to my W10 laptop but none of the apps...