Using XBOX adaptive controller for PC

Discus and support Using XBOX adaptive controller for PC in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, Im a university student doing research for a project involving a client that has Cerebral Palsy. The project is to improve his ability to type... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RoyOlvera, Jun 14, 2019.

1. RoyOlvera
    RoyOlvera Guest

Hello,

Im a university student doing research for a project involving a client that has Cerebral Palsy. The project is to improve his ability to type on a computer. I remembered XBOX has created an adaptive controller, and I was wondering if it would be useful
    to use for my project.

Let me paint the picture, my client uses only their feet to do everything. They have no use of their arms and can barley vocalize. Everything they do involves their feet, except eating that's a different project. They use a giant QWERTY board to perform
    all their key typing tasks, online homework's, and emails, etc. They mainly use one foot, so you can say they are right foot dominant. I saw this as an decent solution, but it could be better. Their foot has to travel across the entire QWERTY keyboard, and
    with using only one foot its fortunate that they have predictive text software installed on their computer.

With all that being said I have few questions.

Does the pad connect to PC's?

Do the large circular pads act as a cursor on the PC?

When the adaptive controller is connected to a PC will an on screen keyboard pop up for typing?

Is it possible to put swipe texting software into the adaptive controller, or will it respond to a swipe texting program?

Can the adaptive controller respond to a toe's touch?

Thank you for any information you can provide!

:)

RoyOlvera, Jun 14, 2019
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox adaptive controller

3. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there Roy,

Yes the Xbox Adaptive Controller is compatible with Windows 10 computers and also with Windows 8.1 & Windows 7 Pc's but will have limited functionality. Click on the following link for different ways to

Connect the Xbox Adaptive Controller to a PC

Once you have connected the controller then you can go ahead and
    Customize the Xbox Adaptive Controller
    in the Xbox Accessories app and remap the buttons on the controller. The two circular pads on the controller are simply buttons, they do not have any tech that will allow you to use swiping features to type or to be
    used as the cursor for the PC.

When Gaming on a PC using the Adaptive controller you should still see the on-screen keyboard to type messages, You would then use the d-pad or joysticks to type just as you would with a standard Xbox One Controller.

The adaptive controller should respond to a toe's touch as the buttons on it are pretty sensitive. In order to get more functionality you can attach different devices using the 3.5mm ports on the back of the controller so that you can then Map these to specific
    functions. You can take a look at the following support article for more information on

Connecting external devices to the Xbox Adaptive Controller

I hope this helps.
  4. Ireas Win User

Controller cutting out

Do you happen to use a Computer Adapter for the Controllers ? A similliar issues happend to a friend when the pc Adapter tried to connect to the Controller while this one was beeing in use by the xbox.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Mandos de Xbox One para windows 10 (Xbox One Controls for Windows 10)

6. BeastBadshah Win User

Wireless Xbox Controller not pairing or connecting correctly to win10 computer.

To connect your xbox controller with pc you need controller adapter follow the link for more info link
Thema:

1. Using XBOX adaptive controller for PC - Similar Threads - Using adaptive controller

2. Using Xbox Adaptative Controller as a mouse in a PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Using Xbox Adaptative Controller as a mouse in a PC: Hello, I am trying to find a way to use the new Xbox Adaptative Controller for gamers with disabilities as a mouse for my son (13, with cerebral palsy), in a PC with Windows 7 Prof. I know that...
  3. Using a mouse with Xbox Adaptive Controller???

in XBoX on Windows
    Using a mouse with Xbox Adaptive Controller???: Hi, I use the quadstick on my pc using the keyboard configuration and was hoping I could use the mouse for steering using the Xbox Adaptive Controller??? I hope that makes sense as i have no idea...
  4. do I need adapter to use headphones with Xbox One X controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    do I need adapter to use headphones with Xbox One X controllers?: Prior to purchasing the console I inquired about headphones needing the adapter or could I plug into Controller and use. Was told by two "gamer" support people that it was not required....
  5. adaptable controller use with one arm?

in XBoX Accessibility
    adaptable controller use with one arm?: My best friend had a stroke at 36 and only has use of his right arm and leg so I bought the new adaptable controller for him and the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick as it said it was supported...
  6. Wireless Gaming Adapters: The Xbox Controler which one can I use, Windows 10 32bit

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: The Xbox Controler which one can I use, Windows 10 32bit: Wireless Gaming Adapters: The Xbox Controler which one can I use, Windows 10 32bit Hi I would like to know which Xbox Controller I use, the Xbox 1 or Xbox 360. or both? I have windows 10 32bit....
  7. How do I use the adaptive controller to play fornite?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I use the adaptive controller to play fornite?: How do I use the adaptive controller to play fornite? I have limited use of my right hand but full use of my left hand bc32d672-82ed-4547-9fc1-1c5aa3b08561
  8. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows - using Controller with other Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows - using Controller with other Game: Hello, i bought the XBox Wireless-Adapter for Windows and can use my Xbox-Controller with the Windows 10 App Xbox to Control my Xbox remote. But i can´t use the Controller with other Windows...
  9. Can I use the wireless adapter of the ONE Controller for a xbox 360 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use the wireless adapter of the ONE Controller for a xbox 360 controller?: I want to use a XBOX 360 controller on a wireless adapter for PC of the Xbox ONE controller. is this possible somehow? thanks 56b29bb7-9a91-485b-a688-b9dc39a9127b
  10. Can I use the Xbox 360 Controller with the Xbox One Wireless Adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use the Xbox 360 Controller with the Xbox One Wireless Adapter?: Hello I've a Xbox One wirless Adapter and my question is : Can I use the Xbox 360 controller with this Adapter? 48fd9056-d026-4c5e-a2ac-16f620d0c3b4