Using your Xbox as capturing device

Discus and support Using your Xbox as capturing device in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello i used to be able to stream switch gameplay through my xbox One with onecast on my imac but now the oneguide app shuts down and gives a message... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bisjop, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Bisjop
    Bisjop Guest

Hello

i used to be able to stream switch gameplay through my xbox One with onecast on my imac but now the oneguide app shuts down and gives a message that it cant be used while streaming? Is there a way around it WITHOUT a capture card? Or different app since
    oneguide seems to not work while streaming

:)

Bisjop, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

It's something they changed in the ui. You can no longer record through one guide. I'm sure it has something to do with the possibility of being able to record copyright material. I'm sure something happened to make them change it.
  3. HyperVenom523 Win User

That was shutdown a while ago, sorry but the onlybway of doing it is with a capture card.
  4. EightBulZ Win User

Converting Captures to my computer

Hey Futuresnipes22

There a couple simple ways to accomplish this without the need of a USB. You can download your videos via the share button on your capture through the xbox app.

You could also purchase a capture card to go from your xbox device to your mac which would also keep a better quality than your xbox captures can deliver.

There is also a longer route you can take by using the xbox app on a mobile device, downloading the specific capture and sending it to yourself via email.

For quality you would want to use the capture card, however you would have to purchase the capture card.

It depends on your preference and the quality you are looking for.

Hope this helps!

-Jules
  5. SandM1tch Win User

Is there an in game A / V recorder box that does not require a pc/laptop

It will only record in-game chat if you set sound output to BOTH the connected headset and TV speakers (Xbox Guide>Preferences>Voice) and are using an audio connection that also passes through the Avermedia capture device. For example, HDMI from the Xbox
    360 to your capture device will capture voice with it set to BOTH since HDMI carries audio and video. Red and White RCA cables to the capture device will also capture ingame chat.

-

So basically, if you do not want this, only choose output to Headset. Not TV speakers or Both.
  6. Impact evaded Win User

External Capture Cards - Will they work?

Thema:

1. Using your Xbox as capturing device - Similar Threads - Using capturing device

2. Using XBox game bar for game capture gett hissing sound in recordings

in XBoX on Windows
    Using XBox game bar for game capture gett hissing sound in recordings: Hi when using Xbox game bar to record games I get hissing sound in recordings with microphone option turned on with microphone hooked up or not hooked up. 5b4e9de3-4d06-4572-b6ee-10403a0aa009
  3. Using Mac and an El Gato Capture Card HD w/ party chat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using Mac and an El Gato Capture Card HD w/ party chat?: I have recently bought an El Gato Capture card HD. Not the HD60. I plugged it into my mac and downloaded the designated El Gato software. I have used the default settings and can not seem to get...
  4. Trimming captured clips using Captures Manage Trim FAILS

in XboX Insiders
    Trimming captured clips using Captures Manage Trim FAILS: Anyone else using Trim clips getting so far when saving edit but not completing the save and screen just hangs until you press B to discard edit? Tried several and all fail when saving edit....
  5. After saving a game capture using the console companion app, the Game category is "Unknown"...

in XBoX on Windows
    After saving a game capture using the console companion app, the Game category is "Unknown"...: I have tried this on both the console companion app and the beta app. I would like to save some captures to upload to forums and reddit, or trim and rename them. I have to download them to my PC...
  6. Use webcam on game capture?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Use webcam on game capture?: Can you use a webcam on the 'xbox one' game capture feature? (NOT for live streaming just for game capture) 6368680d-7ed5-4d81-bb01-ae170aa4b14a
  7. 0x80bd003c - Format HDD to NTFS to use for Xbox game captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    0x80bd003c - Format HDD to NTFS to use for Xbox game captures: Ive been trying to set up a USB 3 HDD to store game captures on my Xbox one and keep getting the error message: “First format this drive on your PC. To capture game clips and screen shots...
  8. Why Can't I Delete Captures While Using Xbox.com?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Can't I Delete Captures While Using Xbox.com?: While using the microsoft website, clicking xbox, logging in to my xbox dashboard, selecting view captures, I can not delete DVR captures despite having the trash barrel icon on the video. Also I...
  9. Broadcast notification while using Twitch via a capture card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Broadcast notification while using Twitch via a capture card: I am trying to take advantage of the fact that XBox live will announce anytime you broadcast your game. My setup includes a capture card to my Mac and streaming to Twitch through OBS. I want my...
  10. Looking for an easy to use capture device for my Xbox 360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for an easy to use capture device for my Xbox 360.: I don't feel like spending the money on a high end capture card that comes with video editing software and all that. I don't exactly need HD or plan to use this recording device a lot. I just want...