UWP Game Controller Registry

Discus and support UWP Game Controller Registry in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have this generic bluetooth gamepad that doesnt have any if its own drivers to install so windows sees it as a HID keyboard device. After reading... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ben Carmichael, Aug 9, 2019.

1. UWP Game Controller Registry

I have this generic bluetooth gamepad that doesnt have any if its own drivers to install so windows sees it as a HID keyboard device. After reading this page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/gaming/registry-data-for-game-controllers am
    i right in saying that if i edit my registry to map the inputs from the gamepad that it should work in my UWP games? Or is it that the game devs have to specifically support a controller?

I should note that my gamepad is detected and working in the X360CE app but this doesnt work for UWP apps, only x64/x32 native apps.

Thanks in advance, Ben

***Moved from Windows 10/Devices & drivers***

:)

Ben Carmichael, Aug 9, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Ben,

I would follow the dev support article you referenced since that is more of a developer question that would be difficult to answer on these forums that is more for general support questions and discussions. Just by reading the first paragraph of the article
    it seems like you should be able to set up a generic game pad through the registry to use for UWP games but I can't tell you for sure because I'm not a developer and the developers do not monitor these forums.

Personally, I recommend just using an Xbox One controller or Xbox 360 controller if you want to play UWP games on the PC using a game pad and not the mouse and keyboard.
  3. Celidor Win User

When will the XBOX ONE controller get impulse response triggers on PC games, not purchased from Windows Store?

Seems like Microsoft does not care. They focus on their terrible UWP and have abandoned any updating of Xinput. As if we should just buy windows store versions. But the windows store versions are inferior in every way and most games are not even available
    on the Windows Store. I have waited for years and nothing has changed.

It is not the developers fault because Microsoft has only added support for Xbox one controllers through the UWP. All support for Xbox one controllers outside of the Windows Store is through an outdated Xinput that sees any Xbox one controller as an Xbox
    360 controller which has no support for impulse/rumble triggers. The last time Xinput received an update was back when Windows 8 was their newest OS.

Perhaps a petition should be started to convince Microsoft that this is a feature that people want to see, and that there are thousands if not millions of annoyed customers who expected their Xbox one controllers to be fully compatible on windows 10.

If the UWP wasn't so terrible and restricted in so many ways there would probably be more Games on it and they would receive the full impulse trigger support. But the UWP is so unredeemably bad that developers and consumers alike have mostly avoided it.

Please update Xinput Microsoft. People want full controller support!
  4. DEATH BY BoBo1 Win User

console registry

never mind i jumped the gun after a couple refreshes and some fustration it came up with my xbox
  5. XBLRewards8 Win User

Fault in registry

Hello myprecious666,

From the FAQ:

When will I receive my Rewards Credits?

Your Rewards Credits will appear as pending within 96 hours of completion of each specific offer.

Since you only played your remaining time for Crossout on the 28th, we only received that information this morning. Please allow a full 96 hours for us to receive and process recent activity. For example, since your last play time for Frozen Free Fall and
    Prominence Poker was on the 21st and 14th, those games were already processed and showing on your FREE Ride offer.
  6. Tucson.Don Win User

I get "Sorry we can't sign you in. Try signing in at xbox.com then start this app again".

I was having the same issue. When you uninstall the game and reinstall, Microsoft uses the same bad information in the registry to install the file again.

Here's the solution:

Open the registry and find #gamename# and delete the key. Then repeat find (F3).

This will take some time. If you find keys that will not let you delete them, it's because there's another user that has the game installed. You must login that user and edit the registry again deleting all the keys with the #gamename#.

My #gamename# was taptiles
Thema:

1. UWP Game Controller Registry - Similar Threads - UWP Game Controller

2. Windows 10 UWP/Games not showing up in firewall list, can't add them to the firewall exception

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 UWP/Games not showing up in firewall list, can't add them to the firewall exception: Hello all, I've been trying to add my UWP games to my firewall list because now some games don't work online and tell me I need to change my firewall settings. The games themselves aren't listed...
  3. I didn't receive my Forza Horizon 3 bonus car codes via Xbox UWP app message.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I didn't receive my Forza Horizon 3 bonus car codes via Xbox UWP app message.: Hi, I purchased the Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition at 2016/09/22. But I didn't receive my bonus car codes via Xbox UWP app message. It should give 2 of 4 cars randomly. [ 2016 Audi R8 V10...
  4. Play Anywhere problems regarding "updates" and UWP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Play Anywhere problems regarding "updates" and UWP: NOTE: This is about Xbox on Windows 10, not Xbox One. I'm having issues with "some" of the Play Anywhere titles available on Windows 10 via the Microsoft Store app. 1. There ABSOLUTELY needs to...
  5. Achievement Not Unlocking Microsoft Solitaire UWP - Counters Wrong

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievement Not Unlocking Microsoft Solitaire UWP - Counters Wrong: I have an issue where my counters are not accurate for the go for gold/silver/bronze achievements. The Yearly Counter on top shows a total of 8 Gold, 8 silver, and 10 bronze. This should be...
  6. Submission / release of Windows 10 UWP game for Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Submission / release of Windows 10 UWP game for Xbox: Hi, I have couple of questions regarding a submission of Windows 10 UWP game for Xbox. We are in the process of adapting our existing Windows 10 UWP game Yatzy Ultiamte - Yatzy Free beziehen –...
  7. UWP apps compatibility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UWP apps compatibility: downloaded uwp app from microsoft store but doesnt work on xbox one.... reviews show it does however "Music Cloud 10" c624e9a3-a5b5-45fc-8b41-eaabc7d0db01
  8. No UWP apps are available for Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No UWP apps are available for Xbox One: In the past weeks I kept seeing articles about UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps coming to Xbox One. MSN Weather, Maps, and a whole lot of others. However, even after the Summer Update I see...
  9. Please introduce cloud saving for UWP games in OneDrive u.u

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please introduce cloud saving for UWP games in OneDrive u.u: SEGA was also claims for it as I proof below(from my request on SEGA Mobile Games Customer Service)... Please introduce cloud save on Windows UWP version of Sonic Dash e.e [img] André Iori...
  10. UWP apps confusion

in XBoX on Consoles
    UWP apps confusion: So I am a little new to UWP apps.... I had netflix on my xbox. I do not have it on my windows 10 computer. Did the netflix app on the xbox automatically download the uwp version? Or do I have...