VBUCKS double charge!!

Discus and support VBUCKS double charge!! in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; When I purchased the V Bucks, I logged on to my laptop computer and made the purchase. My 10 year old son was logged on to the Xbox. I walked in to the... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by CarolynPerry2, Aug 19, 2019.

1. VBUCKS double charge!!

When I purchased the V Bucks, I logged on to my laptop computer and made the purchase. My 10 year old son was logged on to the Xbox. I walked in to the living room and told him I had made the purchase. It was his BIRTHDAY. It did not show up on the xbox.
    We waited. It did not show up. We logged out and logged back in. It did not show up. I went back to the computer. It was showing on the computer. We clicked again. Refreshed the xbox. Made sure the account was logged in properly. Still nothing. We clicked
    on the microsoft xbox store and clicked it there and purchased it through the xbox. AND NOW I AM STUCK WITH TWO CHARGES.

WHY DIDN'T I GET A REFUND?

WHY DID IT TAKE TWO DAYS TO GET A ONE SENTENCE REPLY AND WHY WAS IT SO COMPLICATED TO BUY THE V BUCKS IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Maybe lots of parents are buying $50 worth of vbucks within minutes of each other, but I am not. And I can tell you that if this is the final answer, I won't be buying ANY in the future!

I have filled out the refund form. Waited two days, and was told no refund with a link to a 20 page policy. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSE EVER!

:)

CarolynPerry2, Aug 19, 2019
  2. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

VBUCKS double charge!!

I'm really sorry to hear this happened. :( Normally if you purchase anything like this, even through a laptop, then you would simply need to completely quit out of the game and then reload it. The V-Bucks should show then. Or if not, quit out again and
    wait a few minutes and then reload it again and it should register to the account. I wonder if you filed a dispute with your bank, and had them file a dispute for the charges, if it might yield different results?
  3. choppyseize Win User

VBUCKS double charge!!

I'm very sorry to hear this. I totally understand how frustrating these things can be if you don't know how to navigate them. You should definitely request a call back from support so that they can take a look and see what's going on.

You can request a free call-back by signing on at
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us and selecting Billing. When prompted to speak to a virtual agent, decline it. After answering a few more
    questions, you should get the option to request a callback.
  4. T3chnlgydude Win User

VBUCKS double charge!!

Hi CarolynPerry2

My advice is to use the live chat feature in the contact us section. The agents are very friendly and helpful. I always use the live chat option and my problems are resolved easily

Link to "contact us" below:

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  5. ArminatorX Win User

VBUCKS double charge!!

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.

But can you tell us if you were signed in with your own account on your laptop when you purchased the V-Bucks?

Does your son have their own child account? Or are they using your adult parent account (which they should NOT do)? If the kid has their own account, and they were added to your Family through
    https://account.microsoft.com/family you can gift them an allowance so they can buy stuff like V-Bucks for themselves.

The problem is, that "consumables" like V-Bucks (unlike "persistent" items like games or game add-ons) cannot be gifted/transferred after purchase. So if you made the V-Bucks purchase with your own account, then the V-Bucks went to your parent account instead
    of your kid's account.

Maybe this will help avoid such a confusing purchase experience in the future.
  6. CarolynPerry2 Win User

VBUCKS double charge!!

SO I just spent more than an hour on chat with Microsoft and they say that it is not their problem- that they "gave the money to Fortnite" and that they are nor responsible. They gave me a link to Epic Games, who makes Fortnite.

What do you think Epic Games says? They say the purchase was made from Microsoft, not them.

And, oh yeah, Microsoft says I can take it up with my bank.

Microsofft says they are "just a bridge for game developers"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO MAD.
Thema:

VBUCKS double charge!!

1. VBUCKS double charge!! - Similar Threads - VBUCKS double charge

2. Vbucks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Vbucks: I am so disappointed in both Microsoft and epic games... My son purchased 2 1000 vbucks cards from gamestop. My wife was trying to be helpful and activated the cards. She followed the instructions...
  3. Vbucks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Vbucks: I purchased vbucks and loaded them to my account using my cell phone. Where are they are the xbox so I can buy the battle pass and items? Sorry new to this. b7f61986-ea16-42ee-aa74-98df7c286050
  4. Fortnite Vbucks redeemed to the wrong account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite Vbucks redeemed to the wrong account: I redeemed Fortnite Vbucks to the wrong microsoft account. Is there anything I can do to transfer the Vbucks? Or use them for a digital purchase? Or will they just sit there or all of eternity,...
  5. People that needs help with getting vbucks at Microsoft store, but cant get v bucks on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    People that needs help with getting vbucks at Microsoft store, but cant get v bucks on pc: Now I had this problem but found a solution, I am not asking for help because I know but I want to share to people who don't know. The same problem happened to me but, if your email at the right...
  6. Vbucks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Vbucks: I have Vbucks card. I entered the code at fortnite.com/vbuckscard. It asked if i wanted to use the vbucks on my xbox and use through my microsoft account. It gave me a code to enter but says its...
  7. Vbuck gift cards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Vbuck gift cards: I have been trying to redeem my vbucks gift card i got for my daughter. But both gift cards wont work when i put the 25 digit code into microsoft. What do i do? ed8d437d-8664-4419-8fa8-0946755b5c6b
  8. Vbucks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Vbucks: How to link my epics account with Microsoft to get my vbucks i just redeemed fom vbucks card igot from Wa lmart aaa668ae-203e-4695-8782-5f58e8d6ce2b
  9. Fortnite vbucks code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite vbucks code: I accidentally redeemed my sons vbucks code to my account and it needed to go to his account. Is there anyway I can transfer this to him? 36d0f364-f006-4300-91ae-c237594141e0
  10. Vbucks through microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Vbucks through microsoft store: I just bought vbucks on the microsoft store on my pc with a xbox gift card, but it was linked to the wrong epic games account so I unlinked it from that and linked it to my main epic games...