VBUCKS double charge!!

Discus and support VBUCKS double charge!! in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; When I purchased the V Bucks, I logged on to my laptop computer and made the purchase. My 10 year old son was logged on to the Xbox. I walked in to the... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by CarolynPerry2, Aug 19, 2019.

1. VBUCKS double charge!!

When I purchased the V Bucks, I logged on to my laptop computer and made the purchase. My 10 year old son was logged on to the Xbox. I walked in to the living room and told him I had made the purchase. It was his BIRTHDAY. It did not show up on the xbox.
    We waited. It did not show up. We logged out and logged back in. It did not show up. I went back to the computer. It was showing on the computer. We clicked again. Refreshed the xbox. Made sure the account was logged in properly. Still nothing. We clicked
    on the microsoft xbox store and clicked it there and purchased it through the xbox. AND NOW I AM STUCK WITH TWO CHARGES.

WHY DIDN'T I GET A REFUND?

WHY DID IT TAKE TWO DAYS TO GET A ONE SENTENCE REPLY AND WHY WAS IT SO COMPLICATED TO BUY THE V BUCKS IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Maybe lots of parents are buying $50 worth of vbucks within minutes of each other, but I am not. And I can tell you that if this is the final answer, I won't be buying ANY in the future!

I have filled out the refund form. Waited two days, and was told no refund with a link to a 20 page policy. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSE EVER!

:)

CarolynPerry2, Aug 19, 2019
  2. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

VBUCKS double charge!!

I'm really sorry to hear this happened. :( Normally if you purchase anything like this, even through a laptop, then you would simply need to completely quit out of the game and then reload it. The V-Bucks should show then. Or if not, quit out again and
    wait a few minutes and then reload it again and it should register to the account. I wonder if you filed a dispute with your bank, and had them file a dispute for the charges, if it might yield different results?
  3. choppyseize Win User

VBUCKS double charge!!

I'm very sorry to hear this. I totally understand how frustrating these things can be if you don't know how to navigate them. You should definitely request a call back from support so that they can take a look and see what's going on.

You can request a free call-back by signing on at
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us and selecting Billing. When prompted to speak to a virtual agent, decline it. After answering a few more
    questions, you should get the option to request a callback.
  4. T3chnlgydude Win User

VBUCKS double charge!!

Hi CarolynPerry2

My advice is to use the live chat feature in the contact us section. The agents are very friendly and helpful. I always use the live chat option and my problems are resolved easily

Link to "contact us" below:

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  5. ArminatorX Win User

VBUCKS double charge!!

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.

But can you tell us if you were signed in with your own account on your laptop when you purchased the V-Bucks?

Does your son have their own child account? Or are they using your adult parent account (which they should NOT do)? If the kid has their own account, and they were added to your Family through
    https://account.microsoft.com/family you can gift them an allowance so they can buy stuff like V-Bucks for themselves.

The problem is, that "consumables" like V-Bucks (unlike "persistent" items like games or game add-ons) cannot be gifted/transferred after purchase. So if you made the V-Bucks purchase with your own account, then the V-Bucks went to your parent account instead
    of your kid's account.

Maybe this will help avoid such a confusing purchase experience in the future.
  6. CarolynPerry2 Win User

VBUCKS double charge!!

SO I just spent more than an hour on chat with Microsoft and they say that it is not their problem- that they "gave the money to Fortnite" and that they are nor responsible. They gave me a link to Epic Games, who makes Fortnite.

What do you think Epic Games says? They say the purchase was made from Microsoft, not them.

And, oh yeah, Microsoft says I can take it up with my bank.

Microsofft says they are "just a bridge for game developers"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO MAD.
Thema:

VBUCKS double charge!!

1. VBUCKS double charge!! - Similar Threads - VBUCKS double charge

2. Fortnite Vbucks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite Vbucks: Excuse me I bought Vbucks for my account and then I opened Fortnite and the Vbucks wasn't delivered to my account *please answer me quickly * df0e8279-6b2c-488f-ade4-4da5ecc28c03
  3. fortnite vbucks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fortnite vbucks: i bought v bucks from an x box gift card and i think it went to my mircrosoft. how do i get it my my account. 1f8aebfc-71b7-476b-a08d-33288be6867f
  4. Never received Vbucks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Never received Vbucks: I purchased $25 worth of vbucks on the 6th. It was during when the xbox live services were down. I never recieved them since then but it took the money from the account. I contacted Epic Games...
  5. Fortnite VBucks negative balance

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite VBucks negative balance: I need help figuring this out as I've been bounced back and forth between Epic Games and Microsoft regarding the issues that was caused by Microsoft glitch on August 6th. I was charged 4 times for...
  6. Charged for vbucks but nothing added

in XBoX on Consoles
    Charged for vbucks but nothing added: Any insight how to get the V bucks that we purchased last night. Email confirmation and shows it my purchase history but nothing. I know there were server issues but how do I get my money back or...
  7. Tried to purchase vbucks with xbox gift card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Tried to purchase vbucks with xbox gift card: Hi, I went to purchase vbucks and it took my 24.99 out of my Microsoft account but did not give me my vbucks purchase in fornite. Who do I contact to rectify this?...
  8. I purchased vbucks but did not get them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased vbucks but did not get them: I purchased. Vbucks but did not get them credited 414a6abe-37a7-4330-89c6-d5056480b723
  9. Vbucks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Vbucks: hey i bought vbucks off of the microsoft sight and they arnt appearing on my account f8b0e24c-4c27-4adb-85c7-0fede337bfa3
  10. I bought an offer from microsoft store which said fortnite save the world AND 10 000 vbucks...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought an offer from microsoft store which said fortnite save the world AND 10 000 vbucks...: please refund my 20 euros or give me my 13500 vbucks ;(! [img] 1ecd0b37-7d34-4014-a921-9eb91e67eaff