Very creepy person maybe found my IP address and did weird things

Discus and support Very creepy person maybe found my IP address and did weird things in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i was playing BT4 in a party and all of a sudden a guy says my home state and zipcode and town that I live on the border on. He said that he works... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LIGHTNING7896, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Very creepy person maybe found my IP address and did weird things

So i was playing BT4 in a party and all of a sudden a guy says my home state and zipcode and town that I live on the border on. He said that he works for the FBI but I highly doubt that because he said he is 14 and FBI members can't say that. The last, and
    most creepy, thing that happened was he said that he would turn off my wifi and a few minutes after that, the game started lagging and crashed and the people in the party started breaking up and when i tried to relaunch the game, it said i couldn't connect
    and if it could keep syncing or play offline.

Please help me that was very creepy and i don't know what to do about that. If Microsoft looks at this please track the recent party i was in at about 7:30ish. I know that the person's gamertag started with a B and wasn't the people TwoPluage or SniperPro.

Please find and ban that person

:)

LIGHTNING7896, Aug 24, 2014
  2. tmcginnis(2)
    tmcginnis(2) Guest
    Xbox 360 Network Connection Problems

I have found one thing, My DHCP server is trying to assign the Xbox an IP address, I see the router assign an IP address to the Xbox but the Xbox never picks it up.

tmcginnis(2), Aug 24, 2014
  3. HtownOSO
    HtownOSO Guest
    Could my router be the cause of my party chat problems?

Using the checkip.dyndns.com link it showed the following ip address [Mod Removed]. Going into my router I found two different ip adresses, one was labeled router ip address and is as follows
    [Mod Removed]. The other ip address I found was labeled internet ip adress and was
    [Mod Removed], matching the ip address from the checkip.dyndns.com link.

HtownOSO, Aug 24, 2014
  4. RTG Darkshot
    RTG Darkshot Guest

There is software out there that can get this information over a connection usually you have to narrow down the list by being in a party to figure who's lined up with what info. then from there people can ping your IP address which will cause you to lag
    and lose connection because your IP is being flooded with pings. The most info you can get is the area that your from you can not figure out address or anything like that from this type of stuff.

This is why you should be cautious of party or invites you accept.

RTG Darkshot, Aug 24, 2014
  5. RTG Darkshot Win User

There is software out there that can get this information over a connection usually you have to narrow down the list by being in a party to figure who's lined up with what info. then from there people can ping your IP address which will cause you to lag
    and lose connection because your IP is being flooded with pings. The most info you can get is the area that your from you can not figure out address or anything like that from this type of stuff.

This is why you should be cautious of party or invites you accept.
  6. ll WolfBro ll Win User

Hacker Attempt steals my IP after Booting me off of game

I’ve been booted off a couple of times but you can’t really do much. The best thing you can do is to report the person and maybe warn others about this person. But you’re right pulling ip addresses is very illegal and you can serve some serious jail time
  7. JordanHerman Win User

Xbox gets "can't find teredo ip address"

I did hardwire it and that did not fix issue. the only thing that has worked for me is manually changing my IP address and getting my Xbox to recognize that IP address
  8. EXIT 707 Win User

this kid is harrasing me and black mailing me

This person is most likely using the packet sniffer commview to capture your IP and then flooding your IP address, also why did you divulge personal information about your kitten? if you do get flooded again just turn off your router for a minute then turn
    back on and that will stop that happening for the time being, but the best thing to do is ask your ISP for a new IP address, my IP has not changed for months as mine is a long lease IP, depends on the ISP.
  9. tmcginnis(2) Win User

Xbox 360 Network Connection Problems

I have found one thing, My DHCP server is trying to assign the Xbox an IP address, I see the router assign an IP address to the Xbox but the Xbox never picks it up.
Thema:

1. Very creepy person maybe found my IP address and did weird things - Similar Threads - Very creepy person

2. Please help anyone my xbox1s is so very sluggish the past 2 days it is so slow with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help anyone my xbox1s is so very sluggish the past 2 days it is so slow with...: Its been slow so very slow the past 2 days with all apps internet browsers and slow turning off aswell. I have energy saving on. Its also not my internet either. Does xbox1 have a safe mode like...
  3. XBOX1 RockBand 4 with Rivals VERY slow load time

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX1 RockBand 4 with Rivals VERY slow load time: When starting RockBand 4 I am experiencing very very long load times recently (Oct?). The game loads very slow 30 minutes, then goes to the main menu and says "checking downloaded content" This...
  4. Marketplace error i am very mad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Marketplace error i am very mad: When I purchased the plastic texture pack on my nintendo switch an error popped up and told me to sign in to my Microsoft account and when I dad they didn’t grant me the texture pack or the extra...
  5. Xcloud is very surprisingly good

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud is very surprisingly good: I just got access today and it almost looks better on my phone than on my Xbox one. You can tell a lot of care and effort went into making the streaming mostly smooth reducing input lag. The only...
  6. Very upset with the dynamic resolution trend in games!

in XboX Insiders
    Very upset with the dynamic resolution trend in games!: I'm a veteran gamer for 25 years and the new trend of dynamic resolution in games has got in my nerves. I play game it looks amazing in 4k then in another instance the game looks bad because...
  7. My xbox one x is very broken and no help videos or sites have the solution can someone...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one x is very broken and no help videos or sites have the solution can someone...: My xbox one x is so broken I can't find any help anywhere on how to fix it. Here are the problems, the xbox is showing the light on the home button so it should be on. It wont connect to my...
  8. Slowish download speed on games etc, network test shows very fast? More in comments.

in XboX Insiders
    Slowish download speed on games etc, network test shows very fast? More in comments.: [IMG] submitted by /u/ilovmyselfalot [link] [comments]
  9. Incorrectly Refunded The Wrong Version Of A Game, Very Frustrated

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Incorrectly Refunded The Wrong Version Of A Game, Very Frustrated: Hello Microsoft, I have already talked with someone from the online support help and they have been unable to resolve my issue even though they acknowledge that a mistake was made on Microsoft's...
  10. Xbox has very unusual problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox has very unusual problem: I cannot start any of my games or apps even xbox assist wont start up. The updates are frozen with out pausing them. I went on other accounts on the same xbox and the same problem occurs. I have...