Very slow download speed since last Beta update, game and app aren't updating alone in...

Discus and support Very slow download speed since last Beta update, game and app aren't updating alone in... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Title submitted by /u/Slyder768 [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Slyder768, Aug 21, 2020.

1. /u/Slyder768
    /u/Slyder768 Guest

Very slow download speed since last Beta update, game and app aren't updating alone in...

/u/Slyder768, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Malacath Win User

BF4 taking over 7 hours to get to 12% installation

It does matter how fast your internet connection is.

Title updates for the xbox one are massive compared to what they are for the xbox 360.

Part of the installation time is the time it takes to download the updates. If you have a slow connection or if you are on a congested wifi channel your installation will take ages.

It is now quite common for game updates to be hundreds of megabytes in size. On a slow connection this will cause downloads to take hours. Average update for 360 is less than 6MB. On xbox one they often over 600MB. I think BF4 was over 900MB when I last
    updated it.

That's why I asked for your download speed. If your download speed is slow then that will be the reason. If your download speed is fast then there will be some other problem.
  3. Outpost-[xboxvenue] Win User

slow updates

4. FearedNightmare Win User

Update too long

The update is taking long depending on the download speed that you have

Scrolling down on this page support.xbox.com/xbox-one/networking/troubleshoot-slow-game-or-app-downloads-on-xbox-one allows you to see how long the full game update would take to download, approximately
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

For Honor won't update

Hi Plawpy,

Thanks for the reply. If your update to the game has stalled out, and you're using a disk for installation, then you can simply cancel the update, reboot your Xbox, then restart the update. The information in the second article I originally recommended (Troubleshoot
    slow game or app downloads on Xbox One
    ) had some information pertaining to your networking speeds and how this would have an effect on the update as well, so it may prove beneficial to try some networking solutions additionally.

Even though you're attempting to update and aren't gaming at the moment, the support article "I am experiencing slow performance when playing
    Xbox One games on Xbox Live."
    can help get you the most out of your internet connection for gaming and for updating/downloading games as well. I would also recommend a wired Ethernet connection, if possible, if you're currently on a wireless connection
    to improve the speeds.

I hope this helps a bit more.
  6. Coryjb Win User

Download times......

When you install games from disc, the Xbox will download the updates for the game as well. you could be experiencing slow internet speeds a good place to check and trouble shooting can be found here:

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-slow-game-or-app-downloads-on-xbox-one
    . I have a strong internet connection games will download faster then when I install a game at my brothers house who is using a Verizon data card for internet, so download speeds still
    mater when it comes to updating the game while it installing.
Thema:

1. Very slow download speed since last Beta update, game and app aren't updating alone in... - Similar Threads - Very slow download

2. Xbox One downloading very slow. 62 - 88 Mbps.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One downloading very slow. 62 - 88 Mbps.: My setup Windows 10 PC downloading COD warzone 211GB Xbox One (first release console) COD warzone 103GB The Xbox is downloading at an amazing slow speed of 62 to 88Mbps My PC downloads at 27MB...
  3. I just downloaded the xbox app for PC and the games on it are running very slow.

in XboX Insiders
    I just downloaded the xbox app for PC and the games on it are running very slow.: I downloaded the xbox app for PC with game pass, and the games are running very slow. I have an nvidia geforce GTX 1650, 8gb of ram and an intel i5 and it can run intensive steam games perfectly...
  4. Extremely Slow Game Download Speeds on a Very Fast Network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Extremely Slow Game Download Speeds on a Very Fast Network: Hi all, For the last couple of months I've been experiencing EXTREMELY slow download speeds. A picture of my Xbox download speed, and my game download speeds is enclosed. I've tried everything...
  5. Xbox One is downloading very slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One is downloading very slow?: So i just ran the test Network speed & statistics on my xbox one X it told me that i had a download speed 214.66 mbps and a upload speed 11.20 mbps Latency 32 but when i click to download eso or...
  6. Very Slow Download Speeds From Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Very Slow Download Speeds From Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass PC: Hello, I am experiencing extremely slow download speeds when downloading a game from the games with gold collection. A speed test and other sources allow me to download at 20mbps, but I am only...
  7. My download speed is suddenly very slow.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My download speed is suddenly very slow.: I am trying to download the modern warfare update... I am running on download speeds below 500 kbps. I usually download stuff at 100 to 250 mbps. help What do I do to fix this. I tried clearing...
  8. Xbox Game Pass downloads very slow.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass downloads very slow.: Hey all, I'm trying to download Halo:MCC at first my speeds were around 70mbs then after 6gb it dropped to like 4mbs. Can I get some assistance with this issue? Thank you in advance....
  9. My XBOX One download speeds are very slow 6mbs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My XBOX One download speeds are very slow 6mbs: My XBOX One download speeds are very slow 6mbs. I use Xfinity for internet. My speed checker show 400mbs, the XBX show 390Mbs on testing. But when I try to update a game, the donwload speed is...
  10. Xbox capping download speed VERY slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox capping download speed VERY slow: My internet is 20mp/s on average but my xbox wont download past 500kb/s theres nothing wrong with my internet.PLEASE help ive had this issue for months now dd8a5004-0833-41ba-ac4e-1c84a98e4876