Very slow Xbox downloads

Discus and support Very slow Xbox downloads in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For quite a while now I have been getting very slow downloads speeds on my Xbox One X. I have a decent connection of 45 Mbps which my Xbox is connected... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SkyeIce, Oct 27, 2019.

1. SkyeIce
    SkyeIce Guest

Very slow Xbox downloads

For quite a while now I have been getting very slow downloads speeds on my Xbox One X. I have a decent connection of 45 Mbps which my Xbox is connected to wirelessly on a 5ghz channel. My downloads fluctuate between 4 mbps and 8mbps. They rarely go above
    8 and when they do they drop down very quickly. Before anyone says to use a wired connection know that my pc, ps4 and switch are all connected wirelessly and all download flawlessly. Is this just a problem with Xbox because a lot of people I know have the
    same problem.

:)

SkyeIce, Oct 27, 2019
  2. FirstRespond3r Win User

Very very very slow download

Found the fault .. Google DNS

Used OpenDNS and Xbox one speed tests are now closer to my actual speeds. Deleted BF4 and re-downloaded it and it downloaded in no time at all.

Tried to see if this fixed it for PS4 as well... No such luck. PSN servers truly are terrible.
  3. FirstRespond3r Win User

I'm thinking it's the baby monitor interfering with the wifi. It's in the same room as the Xbox.
  4. FirstRespond3r Win User

My PC is on wifi and is actually further away from the router than the Xbox lol.

If I get something like an airport express to plug into the wall and connect that to the wifi, then connect the console to the airport express, do you think that would solve the issue? I'm thinking the Xbox has a shoddy wireless card or something
  5. DuFFuL Win User

The Xbox one is strange when it comes to Internet. I have seen games get to 90% in an hour and then take 2 hours to download the last 10%. While I was looking at my settings my NAT settings went from open to moderate to strict and back to open again for
    no reason at all. On another occasion it decided I had no internet. It just said I had no wifi even though I plugged it in through a cable and it worked fine. 10 mins later it liked my wifi again. It's a strange machine at times!
  6. FirstRespond3r Win User

Everything is good on my end. Speed tests average 50+ Mbps down, 10+ Mbps up.

It's currently downloading at a rate between 1 - 2 Megabytes per second.

Is this normal for Xbox One? I heard that they cap download speeds and this is the first time I'm downloading a digital game on X1. I can download up to 15 Megabytes per second on Steam. I have this same issue on my PS4 but I figured it's because PSN servers
    are bad.
Thema:

Very slow Xbox downloads

1. Very slow Xbox downloads - Similar Threads - Very slow downloads

2. GamePass PC VERY SLOW DOWNLOADING !!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    GamePass PC VERY SLOW DOWNLOADING !!!!: first time tried game pass pc xbox..for PC...and slow downloading.. 30x slower downloading like my download in reality...omg§§§why!! i paid for game pass...with this 100kB/s speed?!!!!!!!!!!!! i...
  3. Very slow upgrade download speeds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very slow upgrade download speeds?: Hi folks, Just picked up an XBOX One X. A few of my games are trying to download updates (ROTR and TF2 for example), and the speeds are extremely slow. Even when no other games or downloads are...
  4. Very slow download speed, rubbish customer service, wish I'd bought a PS4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very slow download speed, rubbish customer service, wish I'd bought a PS4: Plugged in brand new xbox one s on Thursday evening for first time expecting to be able to play Halo 5 out of the box. For £230 plus cost of game I don't think that's unreasonable. No chance of...
  5. 2018 xbox one downloads speeds very slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    2018 xbox one downloads speeds very slow: At 2pm 3.16.2018 I notice from updating my games. The speed is around 463.62kb or 3.23mb. my downloads are 150mb, uploads 15mb I was about to download games around 70mb to 50mb At windows 10...
  6. Very slow downloads on my Xbox X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very slow downloads on my Xbox X: Used to have download speeds between 60 to 100 Mb/s on my Xbox. Bought an Xbox X and my download speeds are around 5 Mb/s.What am I missing? 7194a245-809b-4bcf-a0f9-a3dc8f651b5b
  7. xbox one very slow download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one very slow download speeds: I am have issue where details network status display extremely low speed for download. Download speed wire. From 0.81 to 1.8 Download speed 5g wireless 3.75 to 5 Upload 3.75 to 5.50 Lantecy...
  8. xbox one very slow download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one very slow download speeds: I believe ever since the latest update I'm encountering the same thing. I have an original xbox one (not S) and when I run network stats I show 60MB down 7MB up 58ms latency 0% packet loss. When...
  9. xbox one very slow download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one very slow download speed: I believe ever since the latest update I'm encountering the same thing. I have an original xbox one (not S) and when I run network stats I show 60MB down 7MB up 58ms latency 0% packet loss. When...
  10. Very Slow Download Speed From Marketplace

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very Slow Download Speed From Marketplace: I've seen many posts about people getting slow download speeds over xbox live and I've tried every remedy I could find. My internet package is 60/4 but every speed test I do over xbox live, I get...