Very slow Xbox downloads

Discus and support Very slow Xbox downloads in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For quite a while now I have been getting very slow downloads speeds on my Xbox One X. I have a decent connection of 45 Mbps which my Xbox is connected... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SkyeIce, Oct 27, 2019.

1. SkyeIce
    SkyeIce Guest

Very slow Xbox downloads

For quite a while now I have been getting very slow downloads speeds on my Xbox One X. I have a decent connection of 45 Mbps which my Xbox is connected to wirelessly on a 5ghz channel. My downloads fluctuate between 4 mbps and 8mbps. They rarely go above
    8 and when they do they drop down very quickly. Before anyone says to use a wired connection know that my pc, ps4 and switch are all connected wirelessly and all download flawlessly. Is this just a problem with Xbox because a lot of people I know have the
    same problem.

:)

SkyeIce, Oct 27, 2019
  2. FirstRespond3r Win User

Very very very slow download

Found the fault .. Google DNS

Used OpenDNS and Xbox one speed tests are now closer to my actual speeds. Deleted BF4 and re-downloaded it and it downloaded in no time at all.

Tried to see if this fixed it for PS4 as well... No such luck. PSN servers truly are terrible.
  3. FirstRespond3r Win User

I'm thinking it's the baby monitor interfering with the wifi. It's in the same room as the Xbox.
  4. FirstRespond3r Win User

My PC is on wifi and is actually further away from the router than the Xbox lol.

If I get something like an airport express to plug into the wall and connect that to the wifi, then connect the console to the airport express, do you think that would solve the issue? I'm thinking the Xbox has a shoddy wireless card or something
  5. DuFFuL Win User

The Xbox one is strange when it comes to Internet. I have seen games get to 90% in an hour and then take 2 hours to download the last 10%. While I was looking at my settings my NAT settings went from open to moderate to strict and back to open again for
    no reason at all. On another occasion it decided I had no internet. It just said I had no wifi even though I plugged it in through a cable and it worked fine. 10 mins later it liked my wifi again. It's a strange machine at times!
  6. FirstRespond3r Win User

Everything is good on my end. Speed tests average 50+ Mbps down, 10+ Mbps up.

It's currently downloading at a rate between 1 - 2 Megabytes per second.

Is this normal for Xbox One? I heard that they cap download speeds and this is the first time I'm downloading a digital game on X1. I can download up to 15 Megabytes per second on Steam. I have this same issue on my PS4 but I figured it's because PSN servers
    are bad.
Thema:

Very slow Xbox downloads

1. Very slow Xbox downloads - Similar Threads - Very slow downloads

2. Extremely Slow Game Download Speeds on a Very Fast Network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Extremely Slow Game Download Speeds on a Very Fast Network: Hi all, For the last couple of months I've been experiencing EXTREMELY slow download speeds. A picture of my Xbox download speed, and my game download speeds is enclosed. I've tried everything...
  3. Xbox One is downloading very slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One is downloading very slow?: So i just ran the test Network speed & statistics on my xbox one X it told me that i had a download speed 214.66 mbps and a upload speed 11.20 mbps Latency 32 but when i click to download eso or...
  4. Very Slow Download Speeds From Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Very Slow Download Speeds From Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass PC: Hello, I am experiencing extremely slow download speeds when downloading a game from the games with gold collection. A speed test and other sources allow me to download at 20mbps, but I am only...
  5. My download speed is suddenly very slow.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My download speed is suddenly very slow.: I am trying to download the modern warfare update... I am running on download speeds below 500 kbps. I usually download stuff at 100 to 250 mbps. help What do I do to fix this. I tried clearing...
  6. Xbox Game Pass downloads very slow.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass downloads very slow.: Hey all, I'm trying to download Halo:MCC at first my speeds were around 70mbs then after 6gb it dropped to like 4mbs. Can I get some assistance with this issue? Thank you in advance....
  7. My XBOX One download speeds are very slow 6mbs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My XBOX One download speeds are very slow 6mbs: My XBOX One download speeds are very slow 6mbs. I use Xfinity for internet. My speed checker show 400mbs, the XBX show 390Mbs on testing. But when I try to update a game, the donwload speed is...
  8. Xbox capping download speed VERY slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox capping download speed VERY slow: My internet is 20mp/s on average but my xbox wont download past 500kb/s theres nothing wrong with my internet.PLEASE help ive had this issue for months now dd8a5004-0833-41ba-ac4e-1c84a98e4876
  9. Xbox Games downloading at very slow speed.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Games downloading at very slow speed.: My Xbox is downloading games at a very slow speed of 1Mbps maximum. Xbox Detailed network statistics say download speeds of 46.37Mbps. I have reset my router, done a full Xbox factory reset,...
  10. Hardwired Download speeds on xbox have been very slow lately

in XboX Insiders
    Hardwired Download speeds on xbox have been very slow lately: I've noticed a considerable drop in download speed with the last several builds I've run tests on my connection which is 400Mbps from spectrum with a hardwired connection using a nighthawk r9000...