VGA display not working on monitor... Intro screen shows than goes blank

Discus and support VGA display not working on monitor... Intro screen shows than goes blank in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my tv broke so i have to use a monitor connected with a vga cable. when i turn on my xbox, the xbox 360 splash screen comes up, than after that the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Backspacez, May 10, 2014.

1. Backspacez
    Backspacez Guest

my tv broke so i have to use a monitor connected with a vga cable. when i turn on my xbox, the xbox 360 splash screen comes up, than after that the screen goes black for a couple of seconds, and the monitor says "No signal" and goes to sleep mode.

I already reset the display settings on my xbox, that didn't do anything. any suggestions?

:)

Backspacez, May 10, 2014
  2. connect xbox to VGA monitor.

Okay i ve got an xbox and i ve got a VGA monitor and i m trying to connect to VGA monitor thru an HDMI port in xbox.

I have HDMI to VGA cable. and Viewsonic VA1938WA-led on which i m trying to get display. but it shows no signal. i ve changed four cables. but still screen is blank. and i ve got audio issue covered.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

TrustyLawyer91, May 10, 2014
  3. maxen
    maxen Guest
    Xbox One and Hp Monitor

Hello Sirslinksalot,

My first thoughts are that the HDMI cable might be connected to the wrong HDMI port on the console, or you need to reset your display settings so that it shows up on the monitor.

You can find details about both here:
    support.xbox.com/.../tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

Click "Your screen is blank after you turn on the console" to jump to the relevant section on the page.

Let us know how you get on.

maxen, May 10, 2014
  4. Mister Beep Win User

The display indicates that there is no signal while the Xbox one is on

Hey there!

If you're running into display issues, we recommend checking our
    Blank Screen Troubleshooter
    . Give those steps a shot and let us know how it goes!
  5. UndutifulCar241 Win User

Can't see video. Restoring factory defaults without video?

6. XBF George L Win User

Schwarzes bild (Mod Translation: Black image)

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having trouble with getting your display to show an image is that right? Have you tried different Input slots on the back of the TV or a different HDMI cable altogether.
    Take a look and try the steps listed in this support article:
    Troubleshooting a blank TV screen or monitor while your Xbox One is on
    . Let us know with a reply how it goes.
  7. XBF Javier R Win User

Xbox to VGA monitor problems

Hello Xiu,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns your monitor displaying no picture from the Xbox One console while using a HDMI to VGA converter.

Our suggestion here, please attempt to follow the various steps provided through our
    troubleshooting a blank TV screen or monitor while your Xbox One is on support article.

Try this for us, and then let us know if this information helped.

Best wishes!
  8. Pillow Chalk Win User

Hooking up my Xbox 360 to my laptop

Unfortunately no, the laptop only has a VGA output that goes out to a display like a monitor or television so it's similar to the xbox 360. If by some rare feature your laptop has a vga "input" then it's possible but I don't think it exist.
Thema:

1. VGA display not working on monitor... Intro screen shows than goes blank - Similar Threads - VGA display working

2. Hdmi/VGA

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi/VGA: i normally use a vga cord and a pc monitor with my xbox but ive recently tried to use a regular hdmi cord and a tv with it but the screen stays blank. When i tried the vga on the monitor again...
  3. Xbox to VGA monitor problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox to VGA monitor problems: I have a HDMI extension cable to a HDMI to VGA converter to my monitor that i use for the 360 all the time. I Decided to try it on my xbox one that i didnt really play. Now i have tried to hook it...
  4. xbox one s with a VGA moniter

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one s with a VGA moniter: do i need a HDMI to VGI adaptor in order to play my Xbox on the VGA monitor? e53ddbfc-9df6-4d51-8aac-b800cac6a999
  5. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Vga hd av cable

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Vga hd av cable: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Vga hd av cable hi there converters don't work properly its best to get an updates Xbox/T.V f1dcde15-7601-4bd9-813d-d3f371144ace
  6. VGA mixpot rewards

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    VGA mixpot rewards: I watched the VGA on mixer and I haven't gotten the rewards. Gamertag is 6052a9b3-b017-42fb-9090-bee51cd0b25d
  7. VGA mixpot rewards missing

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    VGA mixpot rewards missing: I watched the vga on mixer and I did receive goat simulator but non of the dlcs that were listed. Please fix! Thank you e15c4538-b893-4888-8087-194ca9e75bff
  8. Xbox One to VGA monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One to VGA monitor: Hey guys! I'm wanting to buy an Xbox One, but at the moment, I only have an HP x20LED monitor that I used for my 360. My concern is the HDMI to VGA conversion. Will the monitor be able to support...
  9. Xbox 360 - convert HDMI input to VGA or RCA output

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 - convert HDMI input to VGA or RCA output: I have an Xbox 360 and it is connected to an old TV. I have a bunch of games/videos on my laptop that i would like to show on the TV. I would like to use the Xbox to convert the incoming HDMI from...
  10. HDMI to VGA Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI to VGA Not Working: Today I brought a hdmi to dvi adapter to use for my monitor, I plug the hdmi cord into the adapter and nothing comes up, I even try to use another monitor and nothing comes up, I tried to go...