Video Playback Choppy

Discus and support Video Playback Choppy in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, every time I try to play a video from a USB stick the playback is generally smooth but every minute or so goes a bit laggy/choppy. Sound is always... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Belcheee, May 28, 2014.

1. Belcheee
    Belcheee Guest

Video Playback Choppy

Hi, every time I try to play a video from a USB stick the playback is generally smooth but every minute or so goes a bit laggy/choppy. Sound is always fine though.

I have a full hd 1080p Samsung TV and I'm not sure if it is the Xbox or the TV that is the issue.

It does not generally happen playing games or downloaded videos.

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Belcheee, May 28, 2014
  2. Totoro Ninja
    Totoro Ninja Guest
    The Official "Problems with YouTube app" thread

YouTube video playback in snap mode on Xbox ONE needs to be fixed. When the feature was first added, it was really choppy,, and out of sync. The update after that (current) seemed to improve that a little. It's still choppy (though slightly less), and the
    A/V sync is pretty much okay, considering the stil choppy video.

Other video apps seem to play just fine snapped, be it live TV, streaming apps, and even throwing HD video from my tablet to the xbox video app (via DLNA). So yeah, only the YouTube app seems to play videos choppy while snapped.

I hope this gets fixed ASAP.

Totoro Ninja, May 28, 2014
  3. stanimal21
    stanimal21 Guest
    OneDrive/SkyDrive App Choppy Video Playback

Video playback on the Xbox 360 has been choppy, particularly using the OneDrive/SkyDrive app. Has anybody else seen this performance issue? I can stream the same video file on a Surface RT without any issues, but on the Xbox 360 it's been a very poor experience.
    How can I troubleshoot video playback issues on the Xbox?

stanimal21, May 28, 2014
  4. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest

Video Playback Choppy

Are you on the One or the 360?

I've played vidieo from a USB on the 360 without any issues.

It could be the USB or the integrity of the recording.

Azrael008uk, May 28, 2014
  5. Azrael008uk Win User

Video Playback Choppy

Are you on the One or the 360?

I've played vidieo from a USB on the 360 without any issues.

It could be the USB or the integrity of the recording.
  6. Totoro Ninja Win User

The Official "Problems with YouTube app" thread

YouTube video playback in snap mode on Xbox ONE needs to be fixed. When the feature was first added, it was really choppy,, and out of sync. The update after that (current) seemed to improve that a little. It's still choppy (though slightly less), and the
    A/V sync is pretty much okay, considering the stil choppy video.

Other video apps seem to play just fine snapped, be it live TV, streaming apps, and even throwing HD video from my tablet to the xbox video app (via DLNA). So yeah, only the YouTube app seems to play videos choppy while snapped.

I hope this gets fixed ASAP.
  7. Miss Ermine Win User

Downloaded Video Playback is Choppy

Hmm, you said you downloaded it? That shouldn't give you a choppy playback. Let's try first clearing the console cache. Any good there?
  8. pcbobsledder Win User

On a side note, clearing the cache wiped out the license so I can't watch it anymore.
  9. pcbobsledder Win User

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn't work. Still choppy.

Yes, I downloaded the video instead of streamed because where I am doesn't have enough bandwidth to stream in HD, but I have an HDTV with HDMI input.

I agree it is very strange. On a side note, I have tried watching it again and I noticed that if I pause the video for an extended period, then press play, the video plays in 2x the speed, almost as if it was catching up to the time the video would have
    been had I not paused it. Meaning, if I pause for 20 seconds, the video plays in 2x the speed through the next 20 seconds. Very strange.
Thema:

Video Playback Choppy

1. Video Playback Choppy - Similar Threads - Video Playback Choppy

2. Hide Notifications During Video Playback

in XboX Insiders
    Hide Notifications During Video Playback: I was told I should post this here: This evening while watching Avengers Endgame, I'm at one of the action scenes, totally into it, and all of a sudden, a notification about a friend coming...
  3. Serious video playback issues (Alpha)

in XboX Insiders
    Serious video playback issues (Alpha): I'm on Alpha ring IP on a Xbox One X and EVERY time a video is played whether it be through YouTube or Twitch it's entirely in 25% speed with high pitched ringing noises. Edit - a hard reset...
  4. Sound Stuttering And Cutting Out On Video Playback

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound Stuttering And Cutting Out On Video Playback: Hey Guys, I've been having this problem for about a month now that I'm watching a video (either streaming through the Netflix app or playing a video from my connected media using VLC or the...
  5. Can't playback video clips on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't playback video clips on Xbox One S: When I attempt to play back game Clips on My Xbox One S, the Xbox freezes and the TV goes Black. I have to unplug the Xbox and reset it to continue. I can see the videos in Upload Studio and edit...
  6. Slow video playback on Netflix and blu ray apps.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Slow video playback on Netflix and blu ray apps.: Hi, my xbox one has started to slow down video playback, including both audio and visual. This is occurring whilst watching DVDs and blu-rays using the blu-ray app, and also using Netflix. To fix...
  7. When is there going to be a fix for UHD/HDR/4k video playback for Netflix and Prime video?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is there going to be a fix for UHD/HDR/4k video playback for Netflix and Prime video?...: Not gonna waste anymore time so see the subject. c6980ac7-a532-4a18-b805-30ab4a14b695
  8. Green Screen on Video playback.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Green Screen on Video playback.: Hey everyone! I have been dealing with a reoccurring issue with an Xbox One X . Everytime there is a video playback the screen turns green. I can see the menus from the Blu-ray as well as the...
  9. Problemi riproduzione video/audio [Video/audio playback problems]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problemi riproduzione video/audio [Video/audio playback problems]: Quando vado a guardare un video su YouTube o vado ad ascoltare musica su spotify, la riproduzione va a rallentatore. Come faccio a risolvere? Translation: [When I go to watch a video on YouTube...
  10. OneDrive/SkyDrive App Choppy Video Playback

in XBoX Games and Apps
    OneDrive/SkyDrive App Choppy Video Playback: Video playback on the Xbox 360 has been choppy, particularly using the OneDrive/SkyDrive app. Has anybody else seen this performance issue? I can stream the same video file on a Surface RT without...