Video Processing / Motion Sickness

Discus and support Video Processing / Motion Sickness in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Quick question. Can an update change somehow the video processing that could introduce motion sickness issues. Have active thread talking about this... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/PrimitiveMeat, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Video Processing / Motion Sickness

/u/PrimitiveMeat, Aug 25, 2019
  2. The1337gamer Win User

Halo 4 producing headaches?

I would suspect it is motion sickness, possibly caused by restricted field of view. Some info on motion sickness in video games here:
    xbox.about.com/.../vgmosick.htm
  3. ATCUSN Win User

How prevent Host Lag 99% of the time!

Most LDC TV's have a predictive motion engine, each manufacture uses a different name, motion estimation, motion estimation motion compensation or fine motion. You should turn off all video enhancements off when gaming.

I have a 60" 240Hz Sharp with everything turned off I get 75 milliseconds of input lag with all the video processing on the lag jumps up to 220 milliseconds.
  4. CourtDesigns Win User

Are you looking forward to Virtual Reality on the Xbox?

I'm looking forward to trying it out but the only thing I'm worried about is if it might cause motion sickness sometimes? That will be interesting to see.
    Do you get motion sickness with other vr? I don’t get motion sickness with vr but I do with fps its very strange.
  5. Real Dangerr Win User

Has a video game ever caused you to feel motion sickness?

I found some information about motion sickness to prevent it. If you find that you do experience motion sickness from video games, you can do a few things to hopefully prevent it in the future.

• Turn on more lights. Playing in a dark room is bad for your eyes anyway.
    • Sit farther away from the TV.
    • Your body can get used to it after repeated sessions — a pattern of playing and getting sick, stopping, and then restarting later when you feel better. Do this until you stop getting sick entirely and your brain finally realizes that what you are seeing
      and doing isn’t actually harming you. That process of getting used to it can take a while and isn’t pleasant, however.
    • Some medications can help (Dramamine, Bonine, Meclizine, and Benadryl), and while they can work, they might also make you drowsy, which isn't good for gamers and most people in general.

• If you're not having any luck reducing motion sickness while playing certain games, you might be left having to withdraw from those games all together. Stick to games with simpler movements.
  6. TYRANT 5663 Win User

Has a video game ever caused you to feel motion sickness?

never have felt motion sickness
Thema:

Video Processing / Motion Sickness

1. Video Processing / Motion Sickness - Similar Threads - Video Processing Motion

2. Predictability and unpredictability in video game design

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Predictability and unpredictability in video game design: Celeste and Dead Cells are two of my favorite video games. They're both games with high difficulty, platforming elements, and excellent pixel art. However, they're very different experiences to...
  3. This has gotta be the funniest video on the frustration of the Xbox game bar

in XboX Insiders
    This has gotta be the funniest video on the frustration of the Xbox game bar: [IMG] submitted by /u/ItsPharaohJoe [link] [comments]
  4. New version of prime video not showing in Insider Hub

in XboX Insiders
    New version of prime video not showing in Insider Hub: [IMG] submitted by /u/pastoak [link] [comments]
  5. Cambiar configuración de tarjeta de video a juegos de la App Xbox (beta) [Mod Translation -...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cambiar configuración de tarjeta de video a juegos de la App Xbox (beta) [Mod Translation -...: Recientemente instalé "Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden" pero se cierra antes de comenzar. ¿Cómo puedo configurar que tarjeta de video está utilizando para ejecutarse porque no utiliza la...
  6. Favorite Video Game Collectibles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Favorite Video Game Collectibles: I have my special display corner for stuff I got for the 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. Unopened physical copy of the game included. That was my first game on a console, still love it....
  7. Unable to trim video clip on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to trim video clip on xbox: Tried to use the trim feature accessed by clicking the guide button, going to recent captures and selecting the clip to trim. I set my in and out points, press X to save and am brought to the...
  8. What was the best or worst quote from a video game you've ever heard ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What was the best or worst quote from a video game you've ever heard ?: This is one of my all time favorites... [img] e8d6ebc9-f83a-49ee-a267-35165f9bb21d
  9. Recording videos

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recording videos: Hi! (Xbox One S) How can I increase the length of video recording, at 720p you can record only up to 10 minutes, and at 1080p you can record only 2 minutes So...How to record more than 10...
  10. xbox video messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox video messages: When I send game clips that are saved on my xbox live the recipient is unable to see the clip. It says "We cant find the item you're looking for. try again in a while. if you still cant find I, it...