Video streaming

Discus and support Video streaming in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have always streamed fine with my laptop to xbox but in the last week out of nowhere the videos will play and really lag for about a minute before... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by oALICEYYo, Jan 22, 2014.

1. oALICEYYo
    oALICEYYo Guest

Video streaming

I have always streamed fine with my laptop to xbox but in the last week out of nowhere the videos will play and really lag for about a minute before closing with Unplayable content error message.

I used to use WMC sometimes too and now that won't work either? :S

I have more than enough internet speed to handle it so I don't know what I can try to help?

:)

oALICEYYo, Jan 22, 2014
  2. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    Lofty Who, Jan 22, 2014
  3. Piztup-
    Piztup- Guest
    Video Streaming

Either change the wireless channel number on the router, or invest in some Homeplugs and an ethernet hub.

Piztup-, Jan 22, 2014
  4. Video streaming

Internet speed has nothing to do with streaming audio/video from a PC.

There are many reasons why you could be having issues however.

• Insufficient computer power
    • Heavy network traffic
    • Faulty networking equipment
    • Damaged codecs
    • Malware/Virus
    • New software
    • Updated software
    • Software need updating
    • Computer performing too many tasks at once
    • etc., etc., etc
    You'll have to sit down and try and figure out what has changed in the past week or so on your laptop or your network.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 22, 2014
  5. NickDynmo Win User

Microsoft Edge Crashing Regularly

[...] This is to stop people browsing videos on websites that let you watch for free [...]
    Because the only sites that stream video are streaming illegal movies and whatnot?

Anyway, I'm having the same issue when streaming video. Every five minutes or so.
  6. Lofty Who Win User

Standby For Twitch Broadcasting 11/03/14

7. drjazz99 Win User

video streaming

Problem solved. Thanks for all the advice guys. I went back to try video streaming again, and then discovered that the download process was now available to me to access the previously purchased (actually free) optional media update.

Previously i only got the rather bland grey panel suggesting i obtain the media update without explaining where or how.

Without the pointer supplied by the responder above, it was not very obvious to me where to look for the update.
  8. Jacyintha Win User

video streaming

Sounds like that's the optional media update. Was there a next or continue? You could check your system items to see if you already have it. If not, find it in the marketplace and see if it works after that.
  9. MetalGearFloppy Win User

Video Streaming

Buy an ethernet cable really, they're dirt cheap... I don't stream stuff anymore, I just keep all my media on a USB HDD.
Thema:

Video streaming

1. Video streaming - Similar Threads - Video streaming

2. Prime Video and Netflix not streaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Prime Video and Netflix not streaming: From past one week, both Netflix and Prime video are not streaming on my xbox one. I am able to login to both the apps but when i click on play..they load for a second and issue a problem The...
  3. Why does the Xbox One X force all content (including streaming video) into ALLM if VRR is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the Xbox One X force all content (including streaming video) into ALLM if VRR is...: Over the course of the past month, I've been playing around with the Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) options on my Xbox One X (X1X) as displayed on my LG C9 OLED. I've...
  4. Streaming and making videos to youtube from xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Streaming and making videos to youtube from xbox: Dear Xbox, I am writing to you for a request that alot of people are asking for and that is why i am writing for there behalf. Many xbox players would love to stream to youtube and I think it...
  5. Problems streaming video on Xbox browsers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems streaming video on Xbox browsers: Any time the i try to watch tv shows on using microsoft edge on my xbox, the video will restart at completely random times. Sometimes its 5 minutes in others its 20 but ive found this issue to be...
  6. Xbox static boot up screen and green with streaming Videos.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox static boot up screen and green with streaming Videos.: Hi I am having an issue where my Xbox One X is showing a static screen when booting up after a hard reset and when trying to use apps that stream videos, I get green screen and audio only. I...
  7. Microsoft XBox OneS edge browser video streaming not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft XBox OneS edge browser video streaming not working: Hello Microsoft XBox OneS edge browser video streaming not working. Response is website is not responding in left and a recover webpage button in right, It use work initial days. It is not...
  8. Xbox streaming video is blank green screen. Help!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox streaming video is blank green screen. Help!: I have two laptops running Windows 10. One logs into and streams my Xbox One just fine. The other laptop will log onto the Xbox but I get no video or audio feed, only a blank green screen. The...
  9. Streaming Video XBox One (edge)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streaming Video XBox One (edge): Hi, Trying to watch Eleven Sports on Edge via Xbox One, every time I open up the stream/content it says about opening up with an app and looks for 'https' obviously doesn't find aby apps...
  10. Xbox Streaming Glitched Video

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Streaming Glitched Video: Recently my Xbox One X to Windows 10 Streaming stopped working correctly; now the video glitches (generally green) at the bottom half of the screen. It previously worked great, even at high...