Virgin Media's Broadband to Hit 500Mbps by Spring 2019 in the UK

Discus and support Virgin Media's Broadband to Hit 500Mbps by Spring 2019 in the UK in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Virgin Media: Extending our speed leadership with spring launch of 500 Mbps broadband in the UK This is great news for someone like myself with a... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by CybroUK, Mar 4, 2019.

1. CybroUK
    CybroUK Guest

Virgin Media: Extending
    our speed leadership with spring launch of 500 Mbps broadband in the UK

This is great news for someone like myself with a large gaming family!

With the bundled 35Mbps upstream my family could soon be streaming video on multiple gaming platforms at higher resolutions. While not affecting online gaming and other users on my home network.

The 500Mbps downstream will provide further bandwidth for downloading gigabytes of game updates while watching Netflix, other media streaming services and online gaming.

If the price is right and my budget covers the increased cost from my current 320/22Mbps bundle. I may find myself upgrading as soon as it's available.

What do Virgin Media customers here think of the newly announced speed increase? Will you be upgrading to the new 500Mbps bundle. Or even switching from your current internet provider?

:)

CybroUK, Mar 4, 2019
  2. {Parity} Win User

I am currently on Mediacom and have 200Mbps and it works very well. I have the option of going to 1Gbps if I want.
  3. JohnnyXeo Win User

We're spoiled in Canada I guess. I have gigabit internet here and we have had it for awhile.

But awesome for the UK folks!
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

I'm on Virgin Media. i currently get the 100Mbps package, and am quite happy with it. I'm sure they will be a few speed upgrades along the way though.
  5. choppyseize Win User

The Xbox maxes out at 250 so anything over that won't really make a difference.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi CybroUK,

I will be locking this thread since we shouldn't be discussing about services or topics unrelated to Xbox or Microsoft and we shouldn't be advertising on the forums either. Read over the

Xbox forum rules and guidelines
    to make sure you have an understanding of what is okay to post on the forums and what is not okay.

Feel free to start another discussion if you'd like as long as it falls in line with the guidelines or ask a question if you have any and we will be more than happy to answer them.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Thema:

1. Virgin Media's Broadband to Hit 500Mbps by Spring 2019 in the UK - Similar Threads - Virgin Media's Broadband

2. Xbox One, virgin Media TiVo, Samsung soundbar and TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One, virgin Media TiVo, Samsung soundbar and TV: Hi all, Just bought an Xbox and downloading a massive update. Strugglinf to figure out the best to way to connect all the above devices. I have a series 4 samsung TV with two HDMI ports, a...
  3. OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong 2019

in XBoX on Consoles
    OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong 2019: Just wondering when the channel listings for the oneguide will be updated to reflect virgin media uk's changes back in the summer Nearly all standard definition channels where replaced with the...
  4. OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong

in XBoX Games and Apps
    OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong: Just wondering when the channel listings for the oneguide will be updated to reflect virgin media uk's changes back in the summer Nearly all standard definition channels where replaced with the...
  5. Superhub 2: Xbox one not connecting to virgin media hub 3.0

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Superhub 2: Xbox one not connecting to virgin media hub 3.0: Superhub 2: Xbox one not connecting to virgin media hub 3.0 Was this console able to connect before but can't now or is it a new console? If the console is new and other devices connect to the...
  6. Virgin Media TV through Xbox One X: Audio and Guide but no TV Picture

in XBoX on Consoles
    Virgin Media TV through Xbox One X: Audio and Guide but no TV Picture: Hi, I want to watch my Virgin Media TV (v6 box) through the Xbox One X. Plugging the V6 box directly to the Samsung TV works as it should (but is not an acceptable solution). The V6 box is...
  7. IVP6 on Virgin Media

in XBoX on Windows
    IVP6 on Virgin Media: as a gamer for while now on Xbox. I've recently found out from my network provider that to receive the updated version from IVP4 it's only available for business customers. I'm a residential...
  8. Virgin media and xbox 1 issues

Virgin media and xbox 1 issues: Virgin media and xbox 1 issues I think virgin media is making xbox live not work. haven't been able to use xbox live for likeee 1 week now starting to rly annoy me...
  9. VirginMedia Superhub 2: Xbox one x - Wifi can't connect to Virgin Media 3.0

VirginMedia Superhub 2: Xbox one x - Wifi can't connect to Virgin Media 3.0: VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways) Superhub 2: Xbox one x - Wifi can't connect to Virgin Media 3.0 Hi I've recently bought a Xbox one x and the set up was all good with the Virgin hub 2.0. We've...
  10. VirginMedia: Virgin Media Super Hub 3 Strict NAT!

VirginMedia: Virgin Media Super Hub 3 Strict NAT!: VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways): Virgin Media Super Hub 3 Strict NAT! (XBOX Insider Preview build) Microsoft support said some one would awnser this? :( 443a4379-cd3d-4a47-9688-c45ee4809fc1