VirginMedia: 2 xboxs with massive download difference

Discus and support VirginMedia: 2 xboxs with massive download difference in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways): 2 xboxs with massive download difference Networks aren't strong enough to run two consoles at the same time with the... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Deano79, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Deano79
    Deano79 Guest

VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways): 2 xboxs with massive download difference
    Networks aren't strong enough to run two consoles at the same time with the same speed set. I'll lead you through troubleshooting steps that may help you. First lets hold the power button on the console (with the issue) for 8 seconds until it powers down
    once off unplug it from receiving power and sending HDMI signals (and an Ethernet cable if you have a wired connection) wait up to 5 minutes then plug it all back in and try again.

:)

Deano79, Dec 12, 2016
  2. Downloading Games for Gold is slow/crashes

Good Morning,

Firstly EmotionalSkin7 is not my real Gamertag its TheRonin Hunter, I cannot post atm with that account which MS are looking into.

Now, I have had issues downloading any Games for Gold stuff since its launch, the download will be slow and/or will eventually crash out (IE disappears from the Active Download screen). I am currently on VirginiMedia 120Mbps with a 12-15ms ping response
    and I constantly get that speed on speedtest.net

My Home Network setup is as followers

Xbox360 Slim connected via Cat6 to a netgear 1Gbps switch

Netgear switch is connected via Cat6 to a Netgear N900 router

Netgrar N900 router is connected via Cat6 to the VirginMedia SuperHub2 in modem mode

Troubleshooting

I have tried 2 different XBox's with different Gamertags with no difference in outcome

I have tried a Direct connection to the Netgear N900 & SuperHub2 with no difference

Port forwarding is enabled to the Xbox 360's static IP address

Contacted VirginMedia who confirm there is no restrictions on their network for XBoxLive

Contacted XboxLive Custoemr support who have dismissed my case twice with no investigation.

Any advice?

Kind regards

Lewis

EmotionalSkink7, Dec 12, 2016
  3. Ooh im good
    Ooh im good Guest
    Virginmedia major Routing/DPI failure.

Virginmedia is currently and has been for the last 4 days suffering an major issue, the official line from Virginmedia is they are having a routing issue and UBI-Soft are currently telling Virgin customers having trouble with GR-FS to contact Virginmedia
    as its an issue on Virginmedia's end.

This is just for your information and may help some use's. There is lots of information on Virginmedia official technical support forums with advice from Virginmedia's staff.

Ooh im good, Dec 12, 2016
  4. Qwertei
    Qwertei Guest

Networks aren't strong enough to run two consoles at the same time with the same speed set. I'll lead you through troubleshooting steps that may help you. First lets hold the power button on the console (with the issue) for 8 seconds until it powers down
    once off unplug it from receiving power and sending HDMI signals (and an Ethernet cable if you have a wired connection) wait up to 5 minutes then plug it all back in and try again.

Qwertei, Dec 12, 2016
  5. Qwertei Win User

6. DAZZA 433 Win User

Not able to achieve similar download speeds on Xbox compared to Desktop

This is an issue i have had for 2 years along with my brother and a friend, we all run on 200mb virginmedia internet pc/laptops register around 170mb constantly) but the consoles never register more than around 35mb and even that is not the correct speed
    at which games download, I'm not saying the download speed is slow but its not even close to what it should be.

Nothing has ever resolved this issue for 2 years, I personally believe it is a microsoft server issue rather than any network hardware as we all run different equipment and have performed all of the troubleshooting steps aswell as the routers using uPnP
    all consoles are hardwired aswell, Even tried 2 different modems and 2 different routers with identical results, It does seem to be a very common issue when browsing around the internet about this issue.
  7. Malacath Win User

12 hours and still installing from disc

A game update downloads at the same time as the disc installs.

Bad DNS servers can send you to a slow download server.

It's a right pain. It's as though an ISP sends all it's customers to the same download servers causing massive slow downs as everyone is trying to download at the same time.

Changing DNS means you can get sent to a different download server which makes a massive difference in speed.

I've had this problem on both my xbox one and ps4 and annoys the hell out of me having to regularly change DNS settings.
  8. Deltaman45 Win User

Virginmedia major Routing/DPI failure.

im with virginmedia and ive had no problems with GRFS.i do know that virginmedia are soon going to beta test new wireless drivers and updates to problem with iplayer for the xbox 360..forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php
  9. maxen Win User

Download times

The problem with comparing to Xbox 36 games is the massive difference is size.

On Xbox 360, game downloads were usually 5-8GB for a big game. CoD: AW is 45GB or so.

There have also been widespread issues with everyone's downloads for this game being slow, which certainly does not help.

It very much depends on your download speed too (and the massive increase in size between Xbox 360 and Xbox One) but your future downloads should be faster than Advanced Warfare, which has been affected by some issues.
Thema:

1. VirginMedia: 2 xboxs with massive download difference - Similar Threads - VirginMedia xboxs massive

2. VirginMedia Superhub 2: Xbox live

in XboX Networking Hardware
    VirginMedia Superhub 2: Xbox live: VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways) Superhub 2: Xbox live I'm about to make a newer post that hopefully everyone will see but I was having the same exact problems along with MANY other gamers. The...
  3. VirginMedia Superhub 2: DNS is not resolving Xbox server names

VirginMedia Superhub 2: DNS is not resolving Xbox server names: VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways) Superhub 2: DNS is not resolving Xbox server names Try this link for a possible solution:...
  4. VirginMedia Superhub 2: Virgin Router connection problem on Xbox One S

VirginMedia Superhub 2: Virgin Router connection problem on Xbox One S: VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways) Superhub 2: Virgin Router connection problem on Xbox One S Check this link for a possible solution:...
  5. VirginMedia Superhub 2: Xbox One Scorpio Edition keeps going offline

VirginMedia Superhub 2: Xbox One Scorpio Edition keeps going offline: VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways) Superhub 2: Xbox One Scorpio Edition keeps going offline Here is a troubleshooting guide that may help with that Xbox One Disconnection Help | Xbox Live Disconnect |...
  6. VirginMedia Superhub 2: Xbox one x - Wifi can't connect to Virgin Media 3.0

VirginMedia Superhub 2: Xbox one x - Wifi can't connect to Virgin Media 3.0: VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways) Superhub 2: Xbox one x - Wifi can't connect to Virgin Media 3.0 Hi I've recently bought a Xbox one x and the set up was all good with the Virgin hub 2.0. We've...
  7. VirginMedia Superhub 2: Xbox one S wont connect to my wifi

VirginMedia Superhub 2: Xbox one S wont connect to my wifi: VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways) Superhub 2: Xbox one S wont connect to my wifi did you ever find out the issue? ff935bc5-0a95-4a4d-a1e8-04f82491c062
  8. VirginMedia: help with code xbox one

VirginMedia: help with code xbox one: VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways): help with code xbox one Help wanted please. Im having problems with my xbox one displaying code 0x80073cf6. What does it mean and what can i do....
  9. VirginMedia: Us released original Xbox games

VirginMedia: Us released original Xbox games: VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways): Us released original Xbox games looking to find complete list of us released Xbox games. Any ideas or suggestions? c2c1bde7-ab0e-4d10-b644-332eac54625a
  10. my xbox one s cant connect to virginMedia

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one s cant connect to virginMedia: Hello guys my xbox one s cant connect to virginMedia superhub everything else works fine tv,notebook,ps4,phone olways get this messege cannot connect to your wireless network I even tried to...