Virus protection

Discus and support Virus protection in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Virus protection Xbox One is a closed system when you can run only official games or Apps downloaded trough the official Store, maybe I'm an optimist... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by WildDreamz, Nov 18, 2019.

1. WildDreamz
    WildDreamz Guest

Virus protection

Virus protection
    Xbox One is a closed system when you can run only official games or Apps downloaded trough the official Store, maybe I'm an optimist but I think there is no way to infect this platform.

:)

WildDreamz, Nov 18, 2019
  2. napalm 31337 Win User

Virus protection

Xbox One is a closed system when you can run only official games or Apps downloaded trough the official Store, maybe I'm an optimist but I think there is no way to infect this platform.
  3. Emo Goggles Win User

Virus protection

theres is no need for it on console. id get it for your internet browser though on your pc.
  4. crazy8canuck Win User

Virus protection

even on the PC, the MS store is a closed system so its relatively safe.

Nothing you can access isn't vetted before it makes it into the store.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Virus protection

No, there is no need for Virus protection on the Xbox One. Everything that gets added to the store get scanned before it is allowed on it. As for data breeches, Microsoft have ample protection for that as well.

You just need to make sure your PC has ample protection on it (Antivirus. Firewall, etc, etc). Your internet equipment should have a firewall built in, and if setup correctly should be ample protection for you.
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Virus protection

Virus protection on your console is unnecessary. I doubt there is an option for virus protection on the system, even. Protecting your accounts, and knowing what your downloading, even on a closed system such as the Xbox One is important, but virus protection
    isn't necessary for the system. Protecting your account would be ITEM NUMBER 1 if you're concerned about security and privacy.

I'd recommend reviewing this page for more info
    and regardless of what else you do add two-factor authentication to ANY AND EVERY account that allows it.
Thema:

Virus protection

1. Virus protection - Similar Threads - Virus protection

2. World of tanks. Seems to be virus on this game with my account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    World of tanks. Seems to be virus on this game with my account.: Tank will not move when targeted? Also just lost 15million silver today? Played this game for 5yrs gutted c543ca56-6e42-4999-94bb-cd261b81582f
  3. Virus transfer to Xbox one through external drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Virus transfer to Xbox one through external drive.: I want to add external storage to my xbox one to download a game on it since my xbox doesn’t have enough. Ive heard that an xbox cannot be infected with a virus but that applies only from online...
  4. Why can’t I upload a custom picture during a virus outbreak?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I upload a custom picture during a virus outbreak?: All ive been wanting to do is change my gamer pic back to what it was, but no, apparently having a custom gamer pic breaks social distancing or something, cause xbox claims to have disabled the...
  5. Trend Micro detecting virus on Microsoft Store download

in XBoX on Windows
    Trend Micro detecting virus on Microsoft Store download: I recently downloaded Stellaris on PC from the microsoft store. As soon as I try to install, Trend Micro detects HEU_AEGISCS216 in the "paradox.exe" executable. I am not able to find if this is a...
  6. Corona virus

in XBoX Accessibility
    Corona virus: My xbox live just ran out yesterday and im wondering if because of the pandemic will we be able to get xbox live for free for a limited time? 065515df-08e2-41c0-afee-9b8e533da82d
  7. Virus

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Virus: If I got laid off and I cant afford to buy a new xbox live cuz of this virus going on around the world is the Microsoft team helping people out like me 760c54b4-ce3b-45c7-b2fd-c7fcae806afb
  8. Virus

in XBoX Accessibility
    Virus: I was wondering if Microsoft was helping people like me that got laid off from work due to the virus cuz I really like playing when I do have time and now with me having no choice but to stay home...
  9. Gamepass Virus?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass Virus?: Hello, my friends, I downloaded a game on Xbox PC (beta) and when I tried to run it my pc told me there was a trojan in the game! (idp.generic) Should I cancel my plans of gaming on the pc or...
  10. what are you all doing for Virus shutins

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    what are you all doing for Virus shutins: what are you all doing for Virus shut-ins I'm disable and no money to renew my live acct 68cbd666-cf72-4a47-9588-f4748dfb7a81