Virus protection

Discus and support Virus protection in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Virus protection Xbox One is a closed system when you can run only official games or Apps downloaded trough the official Store, maybe I'm an optimist... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by WildDreamz, Nov 18, 2019.

1. WildDreamz
    WildDreamz Guest

Virus protection

Virus protection
    Xbox One is a closed system when you can run only official games or Apps downloaded trough the official Store, maybe I'm an optimist but I think there is no way to infect this platform.

:)

WildDreamz, Nov 18, 2019
  2. napalm 31337 Win User

Virus protection

Xbox One is a closed system when you can run only official games or Apps downloaded trough the official Store, maybe I'm an optimist but I think there is no way to infect this platform.
  3. Emo Goggles Win User

Virus protection

theres is no need for it on console. id get it for your internet browser though on your pc.
  4. crazy8canuck Win User

Virus protection

even on the PC, the MS store is a closed system so its relatively safe.

Nothing you can access isn't vetted before it makes it into the store.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Virus protection

No, there is no need for Virus protection on the Xbox One. Everything that gets added to the store get scanned before it is allowed on it. As for data breeches, Microsoft have ample protection for that as well.

You just need to make sure your PC has ample protection on it (Antivirus. Firewall, etc, etc). Your internet equipment should have a firewall built in, and if setup correctly should be ample protection for you.
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Virus protection

Virus protection on your console is unnecessary. I doubt there is an option for virus protection on the system, even. Protecting your accounts, and knowing what your downloading, even on a closed system such as the Xbox One is important, but virus protection
    isn't necessary for the system. Protecting your account would be ITEM NUMBER 1 if you're concerned about security and privacy.

I'd recommend reviewing this page for more info
    and regardless of what else you do add two-factor authentication to ANY AND EVERY account that allows it.
Thema:

Virus protection

1. Virus protection - Similar Threads - Virus protection

2. Xbox account virus rumors

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox account virus rumors: So, i am the owner of the rising globe account. to anyone reading this and probably means nothing but to the Dev who so have contacted me, I hope you're happy now. I cannot get into the xbox.com...
  3. Help i think I got a virus

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help i think I got a virus: Help i think I have a virus on Xbox one 0753b5e8-d0a3-4a79-acc7-957d776be86f
  4. Xbox Game Pass for PC: Slay the Spire Virus

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC: Slay the Spire Virus: So I joined the Xbox Game pass for PC a couple of weeks ago. Everything was okay. I played Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and finished it without complications. Today I downloaded Slay the Spire...
  5. I am having problems with my Xbox one and I think it’s some kind of virus

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am having problems with my Xbox one and I think it’s some kind of virus: Yesterday my xbox one went bananas the controller dosent work when i mean that i mean that it dosent respond to my commands and the only thing it does is a constant spam or left and right...
  6. Virus detected in Solitaire

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Virus detected in Solitaire: Since today I receive irritating adds of a possible Samsung or iPhone that I can win by simply completing a survey in Edge. This for sure is spam and is detected by my virusscanner ESET as a...
  7. Viruses and unknown people

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Viruses and unknown people: I got this message today from a gamertag that can’t be made. The first part [mod removed] is my friend but the extra part behind it ive never seen. Is this a virus or something. I haven’t...
  8. Virus

in XBoX on Windows
    Virus: Is there any chance that an Xbox one can get a virus. And if so what can I do to prevent it from happening 15187e03-1057-448a-ae45-f22ca5cf2438
  9. virus

in XBoX on Consoles
    virus: is it possible if i had an old xbox 360 saved game file stored on cloud that could contain a virus and downloaded that file to xbox one would the one obtain the virus sorry for asking as my...
  10. virus

in XBoX on Consoles
    virus: can cloud get a virus through an xbox game or console im really stressed over this 56cc9849-a702-4b3d-9ced-8b261369e336