Vizio: New Vizio M70-D3 and Xbox blackouts

Discus and support Vizio: New Vizio M70-D3 and Xbox blackouts in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Vizio (Routers): New Vizio M70-D3 and Xbox blackouts I have an Xbox One S hooked up to the HDMI 1 on my M70-D3. And while it's great, there are black... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by MightyMouse1511, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Vizio: New Vizio M70-D3 and Xbox blackouts

Vizio (Routers): New Vizio M70-D3 and Xbox blackouts
    I have an Xbox One S hooked up to the HDMI 1 on my M70-D3. And while it's great, there are black outs periodically.

This only happens with the Xbox and only when hooked up to the M70-D3. I tried other sources on the TV, HD antenna, Apple TV (4th Gen), and using Cast, there was no issue with those sources.

I hooked my Xbox to a M70-C3 (2015) and there was no issue on that TV.

So, there seems to be an issue between the Xbox One S and specifically the M70-D3, I have the latest firmware on both devices.

Does Microsoft know of this issue?

:)

MightyMouse1511, Nov 23, 2016
  2. Legiontph
    Legiontph Guest
    Xbox One S, Vizio M55-D0, 4K UHD HDR Problems! (Black Screen, Snowy Screen)

Known
    Issue

The CTO from Vizio stated on the avs forums this is a known issue, my feeling on it is vizio owes me a refund.

Legiontph, Nov 23, 2016
  3. Xbox One S, Vizio M55-D0, 4K UHD HDR Problems! (Black Screen, Snowy Screen)

I have an Xbox One S hooked up to the HDMI 1 on my M70-D3. And while it's great, there are black outs periodically.

This only happens with the Xbox and only when hooked up to the M70-D3. I tried other sources on the TV, HD antenna, Apple TV (4th Gen), and using Cast, there was no issue with those sources.

So, there seems to be an issue between the Xbox One S and specifically the M series Dx (2016 HDR Vizio TVs), I have the latest firmware on both devices.

MightyMouse1511, Nov 23, 2016
  4. Legiontph Win User

So, there seems to be an issue between the Xbox One S and specifically the M series Dx (2016 HDR Vizio TVs), I have the latest firmware on both devices.
    Known
    Issue

The CTO from Vizio stated on the avs forums this is a known issue, my feeling on it is vizio owes me a refund.
  5. MightyMouse1511 Win User

6. BryanWilliams6519 Win User

4k on Vizio M70-C3. Problems. Xbox One S

I'm in the same situation. Vizio M70-C3 will not support 4K resolution from xbox one s
  7. trilidar Win User

Is there a bug with the xbox one s detecting hdr10 ?

Experiencing a somewhat similar issue with 4K content playback on a Vizio M70-D3 (2016 running latest HDR10 fw).

Playback of The Martian HDR disc results in occasional video drop outs (audio keeps playing) or have to change inputs and come back to see anything. However, I'm also seeing periodic issues with YouTube 4K playback (just standard 4K). Became concerned
    my new console might be defective, but after reading this I think it maybe just the device.

I've confirmed I'm using correct input (HDMI1), X1S setting are as advised and have tried multiple high-speed HDMI 4K certified cables (incl the included).
  8. lonnielevi Win User

Issues with Vizio M65-d0 and Xbox One S; screen turns white.

There is an HDR compatibility issue between the 2016 Vizio M Series and Xbox One S. Below is a forum where this exact issue has been discussed throughly. If you turn off subsampling for HDMI 1, you can still use 4K without the "blackouts." No one is really
    sure who is to blame. However, some in the forum believe Vizio may be coming out with an update soon to fix it. Interestingly though, the P series does not have this issue, but it is a true 10-bit display where the M series is an 8-bit display.

www.avsforum.com/.../2493546-official-2016-vizio-m-series-owner-s-thread-25.html
Thema:

Vizio: New Vizio M70-D3 and Xbox blackouts

1. Vizio: New Vizio M70-D3 and Xbox blackouts - Similar Threads - Vizio Vizio M70

2. Xbox One X and Vizio P Series 4K Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X and Vizio P Series 4K Issues: Just got a new P-Series Vizio PX65-G1. When trying to watch 4K movies or when playing games on my Xbox One X it constantly flashes black. I took a video to show the occurrence....
  3. Vizio XWR100: Ummm I have an Xbox one x for one reason and that’s the amazing graphics so...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Vizio XWR100: Ummm I have an Xbox one x for one reason and that’s the amazing graphics so...: Vizio XWR100: Ummm I have an Xbox one x for one reason and that’s the amazing graphics so why is my 4K resolution off In this instance, you may benefit from restarting your console: Press and...
  4. Vizio XWR100: ER IS EEN FOUT BIJ DE KLANTEN VAN ZIGGO ZE GEEFT MIJN EEN VERKEERDE KAST ZE...

Vizio XWR100: ER IS EEN FOUT BIJ DE KLANTEN VAN ZIGGO ZE GEEFT MIJN EEN VERKEERDE KAST ZE...: Vizio XWR100: ER IS EEN FOUT BIJ DE KLANTEN VAN ZIGGO ZE GEEFT MIJN EEN VERKEERDE KAST ZE HEEFT MIJN EEN KAST VAN APP IK HEB EEN STANDAARD Hi Eldrid, Thanks for coming to the forums. Have you...
  5. Comcast/Xfinity: Xbox One S and Vizio HDTV

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: Xbox One S and Vizio HDTV: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): Xbox One S and Vizio HDTV If you use the HDMI in on the Xbox you will have to turn it on all the time... So basically the Xbox does not act as a "Pass-thru" for...
  6. Vizio XWR100: Xbox wireless network issue

Vizio XWR100: Xbox wireless network issue: Vizio XWR100: Xbox wireless network issue Hello, do you already performed a console power cycle? this will fix most of the times this kind of issues, here are the instructions in the following...
  7. Dolby Vision, Vizio P Series: P55RED-F1 & P55-F1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Vision, Vizio P Series: P55RED-F1 & P55-F1: Hey Guys, I wanted to reference this discussion (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-one-x-dolby-vision-support-for-vizio-p-series/97fbc9b9-9a81-4c54-9a7b-55eaf1d12fc7) to...
  8. Xbox One X won’t turn on my Vizio soundbar

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X won’t turn on my Vizio soundbar: I have an Xbox One X connected to a TLC tv via HDMI ARC and then the audio output from that tv via optical to a Vizio Soundbar (SB3651-E6). The Xbox will raise/lower/mute volume and turn the...
  9. Vizio XWR100: My xbox won't hook up the the internet

Vizio XWR100: My xbox won't hook up the the internet: Vizio XWR100: My xbox won't hook up the the internet Hey there! Sorry to hear you are running into these issues with your internet. Is this happening with only Fortnite or are you unable to...
  10. 4k on Vizio M70-C3. Problems. Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    4k on Vizio M70-C3. Problems. Xbox One S: Hi, I cannot get 4k to work on my TV. The settings give me 4k as an option with 8 bit panel but says my TV doesn't support 4k @ 60hz, which it does. I have the HDMI in Port 5 which should be...