Voice Assistant settings being disabled after updates

Discus and support Voice Assistant settings being disabled after updates in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I went on a business trip last week and was using console streaming to test out the connection at 2000+ Km away, everything went smoothly at the time... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/reforc3, Feb 11, 2020.

1. /u/reforc3
    /u/reforc3 Guest

I went on a business trip last week and was using console streaming to test out the connection at 2000+ Km away, everything went smoothly at the time being. but since last saturday i was unable to connect to my console and my Alexa (echo at home) is unable to reach the Xbox (using the Alexa app) giving me the message that i need to check network and the setting for voice assistants is enabled.

this is the second time i noticed is disabled after an update, but since I'm not nearby my console i can't report it.

(And i can validate i have network connection in my home since the echo and other paired devices are responding abd the xbox is via ethernet.

TL;DR. an update disabled my voice assistant and now i can't turn on remotely my xbox to use console streaming.

submitted by /u/reforc3
    [link] [comments]

/u/reforc3, Feb 11, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Cortana is dead so what am I meant to use now?

Hi ereeiz,

Thanks for coming to the forums. Cortana was disable quite a while ago. It does explain how to enable Alexa for voice commands when you go to the Cortana settings.
    "Cortana is no longer supported on Xbox one. To continue using voice commands, enable digital assistants in settings and try the Xbox skill for Alexa, or use Xbox voice commands with Kinect sensor."

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Yousef Islam Win User

bad language

Disable voice in privacy settings.

-

Done and done.
  4. FullHornet Win User

Disable voice commands?

You should be able to disable voice commands in the settings Under the kinnect settings.
  5. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

October 2019 update broke the Kinect

Well, Cortana is no more for Kinect. That feature was removed like around the previous update.
    Exactly, here is the information for the official patch notes:

Hey Cortana, it’s been real

With the October update, Cortana will no longer be available on Xbox, except as the digital assistant on the Harmon Kardon Invoke intelligent speaker.

However, voice interaction will still be possible for those with a Kinect sensor, using the Xbox voice commands. For a list of original voice commands, see

Xbox voice commands with Kinect.

Any device with Amazon Alexa can also be set up to use voice commands with your Xbox. To see how, visit

Set up Alexa for Xbox One.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/system-update-operating-system
  6. guz2221 Win User

I just got a headset and was using that using the mic on the Xbox Kinect.

Hello LAPIII,

Of course you can, to disable the Kinect microphone go to:

# Settings

# Select Kinect

# Uncheck 'Use Kinect microphone for chat.'

Voice commands will also work with the "Kinect microphone being off".
Thema:

1. Voice Assistant settings being disabled after updates - Similar Threads - Voice Assistant settings

2. Voice recording

in XBoX on Windows
    Voice recording: I have a pair of turtle beach headphones with a microphone but I don’t know how to get the microphone to pick up when i’m recording with game bar. If anyone can tell me how to set it up or if I...
  3. Voice chat volume for IOS on Xbox App

in XBoX on Mobile
    Voice chat volume for IOS on Xbox App: As far as i am aware so far there is no way of adjusting the volume of a party with in the xbox app on IOS. I use the xbox on my ipad and am have started to join parties with friends while playing...
  4. Xbox one Voice chat off - how to turn on

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one Voice chat off - how to turn on: Voice chat is off showing it is locked by parental controls. My son is unable to speak on line with his friends. When we go into settings it shows that it is all turned on. We’ve done the Google...
  5. Anyone else miss Cortana voice commands, it was so easy to use with just my headset and no...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else miss Cortana voice commands, it was so easy to use with just my headset and no...: They should of made it an optional thing to have it or not instead of just removing it from everyone submitted by /u/Ghu14am [link] [comments]
  6. How do I turn off. Voice box notification in xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I turn off. Voice box notification in xbox one?: When I play call of duty on my xbox one there is a popup box that shows the names of the people in my party when they talk. It is in the top left of the screen and blocks my ability to see maps,...
  7. Voice communication ban are stupid !!

in XboX Insiders
    Voice communication ban are stupid !!: People need to realize that the world is full of hatred and they need to grow up and realize that so they don't so offended if you cuss at them because the voice communication ban for xbox is so...
  8. Question: How many times do you use the "Configure voice overlay" and "Toggle voice...

in XboX Insiders
    Question: How many times do you use the "Configure voice overlay" and "Toggle voice...: My question is in the title. I just want to get a overview of how many people actually use these buttons, because I do not use them whatsoever I have voice overlay on all the time however, but I...
  9. Lets us record longer clips and include voice chat

in XboX Insiders
    Lets us record longer clips and include voice chat: Let us record longer and include voice chat in pur clips. I heard it so mich every time me and my friends have a funny moment we're just like: "I wish that it recorded out voices". Please update...
  10. Voice Assistant redirect

in XboX Insiders
    Voice Assistant redirect: System is redirecting to download groove music even though voice Assistant recognized the dictation as load Spotify. Not sure if insider related or not but I haven't had this happen before this...