voice commands do not work in after show screen on xbox one.

Discus and support voice commands do not work in after show screen on xbox one. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We have gotten very used to using voice commands but in the post show coundowwn screen that says "in 20 seconds we will begin to play...." no voice... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ShayWilson, Mar 31, 2014.

1. ShayWilson
    ShayWilson Guest

We have gotten very used to using voice commands but in the post show coundowwn screen that says "in 20 seconds we will begin to play...." no voice commands seem to work.

:)

ShayWilson, Mar 31, 2014
  2. Oneguide finally here (Canada) but needs work....

I find it interesting how voice commands can work great for some things (the home screen; games), but not for others (OneGuide; Internet Explorer app) on Xbox Live. Is the quality of voice commands on the Xbox One dependent on a per app basis or something?

Galactic Geek, Mar 31, 2014
  3. E McSq
    E McSq Guest
    Netflix Voice Support - How to Use

Hi ZEBRA,

Netflix voice commands are NOT highlighted in green, unlike the rest of the xbox apps, which is obviously confusing.

Here is a list of the Netflix voice commands:

Firstly, make the kinect go into listening mode by saying "xbox select"

While xbox is listening you can say:

(on profile select screen) "Profile one", Profile two" (etc....)

(when scrolling through lists on the Netflix home screen) "Show more" , "Show previous" , "Next list" , "Previous list"

(select a film/show to watch) "Select 1" , "Select 2" , "Select 3" (etc...) or "Play 1", "Play 2" (etc...)

(when on film select screen) "Play", "Play from beginning", "Add to my List" or "Remove from my list"

(Whilst watcing a show/film) "Xbox play", "xbox pause", "xbox fast forward", "xbox rewind", "xbox stop" (no need to say xbox select first with those commands)

(During a show or on select screen) "Back to browse" (takes to the Netflix home screen)

(Other commands when at the netflix home screen) "Exit Netflix", "switch profiles"

Remember to say "xbox select" to put Kinect into listening mode before using these commands.

Hope this helps.

E McSq, Mar 31, 2014
  4. Galactic Geek Win User

Oneguide finally here (Canada) but needs work....

I find it interesting how voice commands can work great for some things (the home screen; games), but not for others (OneGuide; Internet Explorer app) on Xbox Live. Is the quality of voice commands on the Xbox One dependent on a per app basis or something?
  5. FourHorseman Win User

Is anyone successfully using Directv Genie Client with Xbox One?

TV works fine, changing channels etc but the pause, fast forward will work but it won't show on the screen so I have no idea when to start playing again. It does this using the xbox voice commands or the Genie remote.
  6. Mister Maka Win User

Netflix and Hulu voice commands not working.

Hey there apakunah48.

Do you have voice command issues with anything other than media apps? Does your Xbox One pick up commands while on the Home screen?
  7. E McSq Win User

Netflix Voice Support - How to Use

Hi ZEBRA,

Netflix voice commands are NOT highlighted in green, unlike the rest of the xbox apps, which is obviously confusing.

Here is a list of the Netflix voice commands:

Firstly, make the kinect go into listening mode by saying "xbox select"

While xbox is listening you can say:

(on profile select screen) "Profile one", Profile two" (etc....)

(when scrolling through lists on the Netflix home screen) "Show more" , "Show previous" , "Next list" , "Previous list"

(select a film/show to watch) "Select 1" , "Select 2" , "Select 3" (etc...) or "Play 1", "Play 2" (etc...)

(when on film select screen) "Play", "Play from beginning", "Add to my List" or "Remove from my list"

(Whilst watcing a show/film) "Xbox play", "xbox pause", "xbox fast forward", "xbox rewind", "xbox stop" (no need to say xbox select first with those commands)

(During a show or on select screen) "Back to browse" (takes to the Netflix home screen)

(Other commands when at the netflix home screen) "Exit Netflix", "switch profiles"

Remember to say "xbox select" to put Kinect into listening mode before using these commands.

Hope this helps.
  8. Galactic Geek Win User

Switching between profiles

I've been trying to find a way to use voice commands to change the Home screen from mine to my brother's when we're both signed in. I thought "show my stuff" would do it, but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know how to do this?
Thema:

1. voice commands do not work in after show screen on xbox one. - Similar Threads - voice commands show

2. Turning off voice commands completely

in XBoX Accessibility
    Turning off voice commands completely: People might say im paranoid, whatever i would just like to know how to completely turn off any and all voice commands. I dont play online so dont need mic. 4607ab2f-4f5c-4223-b9a0-36cabacc0c96
  3. New Approaches to Home and Xbox Voice Commands Roll Out to Xbox Insiders

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Approaches to Home and Xbox Voice Commands Roll Out to Xbox Insiders: I’m interested and looking forward to it. Change can be good but guess we’ll find out in the fall. 8febc638-b252-4b21-9678-f9d4de5f368d
  4. New Approaches to Home and Xbox Voice Commands Roll Out to Xbox Insiders

in XboX Insiders
    New Approaches to Home and Xbox Voice Commands Roll Out to Xbox Insiders: [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  5. F1 2018 voice command Xbox ONE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    F1 2018 voice command Xbox ONE: Hi My Voice command doesn't work with my headset!! not in career mode or multiplayer. Is there any options to activate? The mic work perfect in xbox mode with Contana!...
  6. F1 2018 voice command Xbox ONE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    F1 2018 voice command Xbox ONE: Hi My Voice command doesn't work with my headset!! not in career mode or multiplayer. Is there any options to activate? The mic work perfect in xbox mode with Contana!...
  7. Voice Commands for XAC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Voice Commands for XAC: Hi, I was wondering how possible it would be to develop something like VoiceAttack for the Xbox app store? If any devs have experience with controller button mapping, any direction would be...
  8. Kinect and voice commands

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect and voice commands: This is an issue i’ve been seeing a lot and would like if this could be looked into. While i’m watching video wether it be on YouTube, watching TV on the OneGuide, and watching a movie on the...
  9. My kinect wont turn on with voice command

in XBoX on Windows
    My kinect wont turn on with voice command: My Kinect sensor wont respond to my turn on voice command. It works fine when the console is turned on, and I can use commands to turn the console off, but I cant turn the console back on with...
  10. Hey Cortana Voice Commands

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey Cortana Voice Commands: I've been having an issue with the voice commands. Some of them that used to work fine no longer work. I don't know if Microsoft has removed them or if something is wrong with my Kinect. It works...