volume controls and on/off tv controls through xbox no longer available

Discus and support volume controls and on/off tv controls through xbox no longer available in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; i got a bigger tv in my room, so moved my smaller one into my sons room. my smaller tv worked fine with the xbox in my room. it turned on and off with... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by LIZZIE1124, May 22, 2019.

1. LIZZIE1124
    LIZZIE1124 Guest

i got a bigger tv in my room, so moved my smaller one into my sons room. my smaller tv worked fine with the xbox in my room. it turned on and off with the xbox, my volume controls and such worked perfectly fine. it autodetected my tv with the option.

this same tv will now not work on my sons xbox. its trying to tell me i need some IR cable to be able to have that functionality. which is absurd considering it worked perfectly fine on my other tv?? and my sons xboxs functionality worked perfectly fine
    with his previous tv

how do i fix this?? i dont want to have to buy cables that i previously didnt need.

i believe its a vizio tv

:)

LIZZIE1124, May 22, 2019
  2. Boaz_ Win User

Which Xbox is it? One, S, X? Did you have a Kinect set up with the one in your room?
  3. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  4. G v zauBerBerg Win User

The automatic switch TV ON/OFF is a part of the REMOTE CONTROL. If you change the TV you often have to change the remote Code!

1. Go to Settings (Found by pressing the Xbox button and navigating to the right-most column)
    2. Select the 'TV & OneGuide > Device Control
    3. Select Your TV Brand, then click 'Next'
    4. Click 'Automatic'

After the remotecode is choosen, you have to check your power Settings again.

1. Press the Xbox button
      to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Power & startup.
    3. Select Power mode & startup, then choose the options you want.
  5. FarazGafoor Win User

Can I connect Xbox One directly to a sound bar?

I have a Vizio soundbar connected to my TV. I ran the Audio Receiver Setup on the Xbox One and now the X1 powers on/off the soundbar along with my entire TV/DVR system.

As for volume control, if you've ran the Audio Receiver Setup then you can control the Soundbar via either voice commands or the Xbox One Smartglass App (the volume controls on Smartglass will no longer control the TV volume, however, as they'll become dedicated
    to the soundbar--I presume the same may be me true for voice commands).
  6. your pappa Win User

Xbox On/ Xbox Turn Off does not power on off the television

@Studbucket33 I also have the UW40TC1W the volume and mute work (same as original poster).

I just tried the codes you previously suggested with no luck:

1712: volume controls work. tv on/off does not

1300:volume controls work. tv on/off does not

3949:volume controls work. tv on/off does not

3579:neither volume or on/off works
Thema:

1. volume controls and on/off tv controls through xbox no longer available - Similar Threads - volume controls off

2. Gaming headset, xbox controller, pc, mic volume low

in XBoX on Windows
    Gaming headset, xbox controller, pc, mic volume low: Not sure if this has been asked I had a hard time searching for it, but I have a "gaming headset(not xbox) connected to an xbox controller, that is plugged into a PC, yes I game entirely with a...
  3. Volume option greyed out on settings for controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Volume option greyed out on settings for controller: My the mic icon has had a line through it. On settings Kinect and devices for the controller the volume button is greyed out. I have different headphones and no luck. Any advice please?...
  4. Please add a volume controller for each person in a party chat.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please add a volume controller for each person in a party chat.: So here is the thing since Im a PUBG Player and I have to start using headphones to play, because if you are not using headphones you will miss 90% of the info. to know where are you getting shot...
  5. Volume greyed out on controller settings - mic / headphones not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Volume greyed out on controller settings - mic / headphones not working: My sons headphones and mic have stopped working and the microphone icon is always crossed out. The headphones have been checked on other devices and work. I have seen forums saying to go into...
  6. No volume on headset connected to controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    No volume on headset connected to controller: We have lost all headset volume on our xbox one s. we are connecting the headset directly to the controller which itself is connected to the box. We have checked a few video/audio settings but all...
  7. Volume control on Xbox one controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Volume control on Xbox one controller: Trying t o control my stereo volume with my controller cant find a setting to do it without talking to the Xbox is there an app i can use 5e8828ff-81ec-434b-800d-c6ad007e4049
  8. Volume on Xbox One Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Volume on Xbox One Controller: In settings / kinect & Devices / devices & Accessories / ... , the volume option for the controller is grey ed out. What can i do to sort this so i can select this option?...
  9. Ear buds that I can control volume with?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ear buds that I can control volume with?: I have a good set of Turtle Beach 700 that I use all the time. Sometimes, I can't wear them because they mess up my hair. I need to find a good set of ear buds. Ideally they would be amplified,...
  10. TV volume & power on/off control w/ Xbox One Media Remote (No Kinect, No Cable)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    TV volume & power on/off control w/ Xbox One Media Remote (No Kinect, No Cable): I would like to use my Xbox One Media Remote to control my TV volume (and to power on/off my TV) but I don't have Kinect and my TV isn't plugged into cable or anything. Basically I just want to...