Volume option greyed out on settings for controller

Discus and support Volume option greyed out on settings for controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My the mic icon has had a line through it. On settings Kinect and devices for the controller the volume button is greyed out. I have different... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Powerz867, May 16, 2019.

1. Powerz867
    Powerz867 Guest

Code:
    My the mic icon has had a line through it. On settings Kinect and devices for the controller the volume button is greyed out. I have different headphones and no luck. Any advice please? 

:)

Powerz867, May 16, 2019
  2. shanefairclough Win User

No Worries thanks anyway :)
  3. shanefairclough Win User

Have we got any kind of timeframe for this that you are aware of?

Cheers
  4. shanefairclough Win User

Hey there Hibbyboy!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue. I would say that if you have already tried the steps outlined in

Xbox One Chat Headset troubleshooting
    , that you might have to get a headset adapter.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of headsets have you tried?

Currently Microsoft and Xbox have identified a known issue with recognizing third party headsets. It seems that using a
    headset adapter is the current workaround suggestion for this issue until they patch this with a future update.

Hope this information was helpful.

Thanks!
    I have the same issue. Got myself the adaptor and still doesn't work. tried factory reset and all other troulebshooting recommendations. Why is it that Xbox no longer allow third party headsets when all other consoles do?

Its never been an issue before with Xbox but now it is? So frustrating and makes me want to go back to PS in all honesty.
  5. Alucario Ultra Win User

Hello,

Thanks for using the MS forums.

You may try to hard reset your console pressing down the off button for 10 seconds, when shut downs, unplug it from power a couple of minutes and then, On again.

If this does not help:

1. Mute then unmute other people in your party
    2. Have other people in the party mute than unmute you
    3. Delete your gamertag, powercycle the console again then redownload your gamertag

If you still have trouble with the headset you can try the steps at this link https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wired-headset-help
  6. flamingshark051 Win User

I believe I am having the same issue as Powerz867 and if that is the case then it isnt anything with the headset/headphones as they work in other things or the controller as it was working just fine prior to the issue starting. Thanks
Thema:

1. Volume option greyed out on settings for controller - Similar Threads - Volume option greyed

2. volume controls and on/off tv controls through xbox no longer available

in XBoX Accessibility
    volume controls and on/off tv controls through xbox no longer available: i got a bigger tv in my room, so moved my smaller one into my sons room. my smaller tv worked fine with the xbox in my room. it turned on and off with the xbox, my volume controls and such worked...
  3. Volume option greyed out on settings for controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Volume option greyed out on settings for controller: for the last 12 months the mic icon has had a line through it. On settings Kinect and devices for the controller the volume button is greyed out. I have bought 3 new sets of headphones My little...
  4. Volume option on devices & accessories greyed out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Volume option on devices & accessories greyed out: so used to have the option to change my volume of the game and the party.. but now it’s greyed out when I go to devices & acessories. Ive tried everything. Resetting the Xbox, updating and...
  5. volume under Kinect and devices option for controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    volume under Kinect and devices option for controller: help under settings, Kinect and devices then controller options it's not showing volume as being option. we have 2 machines and 1 machine doesn't show it so cannot alter volume to allow...
  6. Setting up xbox mic volume option is not available in the device options

in XBoX on Consoles
    Setting up xbox mic volume option is not available in the device options: I have tried just about everything to get my new xbox one and turtle beach headset to work. I keep getting the message "we cannot find a microphone for these people" and when I click on it and try...
  7. Controller Device Options are greying out Volume - my headset isn't working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Device Options are greying out Volume - my headset isn't working: Hey there. So I purchased an Afterglow LVL 5+ wired headset and it worked awesomely for a few months. However, just recently, I can't hear anything through them - no game sound (online or...
  8. I would love to see volume options in snap

in XBoX on Consoles
    I would love to see volume options in snap: I would love to see volume options in snap mode. When you are snaping in both screen i would love to have the option turn the volume down in one of them. The only thing you can do is mute both...
  9. Volume Control Option Gone?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Volume Control Option Gone?: Initially about a month ago I saw my controller had the option to turn up or down the volume when my 3.5mm headset was connected...however when I go back to settings > devices > controller....it's...
  10. Xbox One Volume Increment Options

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Volume Increment Options: Hi all, Does anyone know where the option of how much the volume changes when using the Volume up / down command has gone to? It used to be in under TV & OneGuide -> Troubleshooting -> Audio but...