VPN on my router nat is strict over the vpn and i cant connect to call of duty ghosts ...

Discus and support VPN on my router nat is strict over the vpn and i cant connect to call of duty ghosts ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello VPN on my router nat is strict over the vpn and i cant connect to call of duty ghosts multiplayer can anyone please help?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xGn Edits, May 31, 2014.

1. xGn Edits
    xGn Edits Guest

VPN on my router nat is strict over the vpn and i cant connect to call of duty ghosts ...

Hello VPN on my router nat is strict over the vpn and i cant connect to call of duty ghosts multiplayer can anyone please help?

:)

xGn Edits, May 31, 2014
  2. RequitaI
    RequitaI Guest
    Need Help Setting Up VPN

I recently purchased a VPN and set it all up, it works fine aside from my NAT type being strict and It should be able to at least get to moderate. I've tried opening The VPN ports as well as xbox ports 3074, 4500, 3544 on my router as well as the VPN and
    still nothing.

Managed to get it to moderate for about 2 minutes before going back to strict. Anyone know of any specific ports I should open or tricks I could do to at least get my NAT on moderate?

Sincere Regards

RequitaI, May 31, 2014
  3. Emmalopez
    Emmalopez Guest
    How to Setup a VPN on your Xbox Console

There are many benefits to routing your xbox IP through a VPN connection. This ranges from utilizing exclusive American content, to hiding your IP from DDoSers, or even hiding your location from Doxers. This tutorial will show you a loophole that allows you to get around/avoid these hassles. Let us begin.

Prerequisites:

WiFi Connection
    Laptop with LAN port
    VPN (Virtual Private Network)
    Ethernet Cable

VPN's:

IPVanish
    PureVPN
    ExpressVPN

This tutorial was done using IPvanish.

Setup VPN on Xbox
    One of the methods of setting up Xbox One VPN is by tunneling your service via router and then connecting your gaming console and other devices to the router. Note that the setup may vary according to the router you use and the instructions provided by the VPN provider.

- Use the following steps to configure a VPN service on your router:
    - You need an Ethernet cable and connect your modem to the WAN port in the router.
    - Open your Router’s Control Panel – accessible from your system control panel.
    - Go to the ‘Basic Setup’ / ‘Network’ / ‘Basic’ tab in your router control panel (where you can configure WAN or Internet settings).
    - Enter the setup details provided by your VPN provider (username, password, gateway, subnet mask, etc.).
    - Select the appropriate protocol settings and the change the ‘Connection Type’ based on your router and VPN providers instructions (usually to PPTP, but it depends).
    - Select the appropriate DCHP settings depending on the requirements by your VPN provider.
    - Click the Apply Settings / Save / Connect button and you are done.

Now you can connect your Xbox to the router either through Wi-Fi or through Ethernet cable and can enjoy using VPN on your Xbox 360 or Xbox One.

Emmalopez, May 31, 2014
  4. VPN on my router nat is strict over the vpn and i cant connect to call of duty ghosts ...

FearedNightmare, Jun 13, 2014
  5. FearedNightmare Win User

VPN on my router nat is strict over the vpn and i cant connect to call of duty ghosts multiplayer

6. Sebastiandm.co Win User

NAT Open is not stable, goes and comes back

I'm not sure I understood what I need to do and how. By the way, you mentioned VPN. I have to say that I use two VPNs. One is Forticlient - that I use to connect to my office's server when I work from home. And HMA VPN that I use to change country location,
    also for work.

Are you saying that those VPNs affect the NAT? If so, I closed both of them and the NAT is still strict.
  7. RicardoDawkins Win User

DNS Error while using ICS

@Shad0wman

That is what I'm doing. Sharing the VPN connection

@Vibroplex

None of those IPs worked for the DNS. Not even the DNS from my router.

AutoDNS give me the same error.

if I share my primary internet connection with ICS to Local Area Connection 2 my Xbox connects to Live trough my computer. Notice that I'm not using the VPN connection.

But it gives me the following warning thanks to ICS

"You are connected to Xbox Live but your current network configuration limits your online experience"

it ask me to reset my router because my NAT type is set to Moderate.

But I need to connect by VPN. Preferably an USA based server. Does anyone knows a FREE VPN server that works for this?
  8. Dark and Sad Win User

0x80a40010

thank you for your answer but that didnt worke.

in fact i can connect to my profile with VPN but without VPN i cant connect to my profile on xbox live.
  9. CationicArtist7 Win User

Can't obtain an IP address from your router or modem

I know this is a huge wall of text, so if something is not clear for you please ask me.

Also, I think my NAT type is open now:

NAT Helpers

NAT helpers allow you to have several simultaneous VPN connections. Not every VPN supplier supports this.

Use VPN Helpers: Yes

And when I connect the Xbox to the modem directly with a ethernet cable everything works fine as well.
Thema:

1. VPN on my router nat is strict over the vpn and i cant connect to call of duty ghosts ... - Similar Threads - VPN router nat

2. Suggestion regarding VPN access

in XBoX on Windows
    Suggestion regarding VPN access: Hi, Just a suggestion for a future (sooner rather than later) update. Keep the exe file in one location. I understand Microsoft really wants to work as apps (everything is contained in a file...
  3. VPN for companion app

in XBoX on Windows
    VPN for companion app: Hello I'm wondering if using a free vpn app for the xbox companion app on pc ban me. Since today I haven't been able to login getting the codes 0x80072f8f and 0x404. The only way for me to get on...
  4. Express VPN Xbox Trouble

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Express VPN Xbox Trouble: Express VPN Xbox Trouble it was literally working yesterday bfaeaf13-c7c9-44ef-a7b7-25eebc8e6c6d
  5. Банят ли за VPN? -[Translation - Do they bathe for a VPN?]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Банят ли за VPN? -[Translation - Do they bathe for a VPN?]: Банят ли за VPN? Я использую Microsoft Rewards и Project xCloub через VPN. Могут ли за это забанить? -[Translation - Are they banned for VPN? I use Microsoft Rewards and Project xCloub via VPN....
  6. What happens if I complete my Microsoft rewards using a VPN?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happens if I complete my Microsoft rewards using a VPN?: If I complete my rewards using a VPN from 2 differents countries I'll get banned? cf249b59-73a3-4689-94a9-6bf6148271d0
  7. Can I use a vpn?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use a vpn?: I used a vpn on Microsoft rewards to get point because I didnt see anything on the Microsoft terms about it or anything noticable about it. And know I'm afraid that I might get banned. Somebody...
  8. I cancelled a subscription to a VPN and now my account says past due?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cancelled a subscription to a VPN and now my account says past due?: I tried a VPN with a free trial, cancelled it within an hour of having it as the VPN didn't even work!! Now all of a sudden my account says £10.70 past due when I clearly cancelled it. I'm not...
  9. How do you connect a vpn to your Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you connect a vpn to your Xbox.: I want to use a vpn to be safe from booters/hackers. I am not trying to go to other continents or something like that. 052f860a-e4c4-4dea-a22d-a81efbc8209e
  10. Xbox Live Networking Service causes VPN issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live Networking Service causes VPN issues: Hi all, I recently signed up for Xbox Ultimate Pass and installed Xbox (Beta) app on my PC. Since then, I have been unable to connect to my work VPN. I found if I stop Xbox Live Networking...