Vudu and Dolby Atmos content

Discus and support Vudu and Dolby Atmos content in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; None of my Vudu content that has a Dolby Atmos soundtrack will play with the last two ASA builds. Instant playback error. Anyone else seeing this? UHD... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/steppingstone01, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Vudu and Dolby Atmos content

None of my Vudu content that has a Dolby Atmos soundtrack will play with the last two ASA builds. Instant playback error. Anyone else seeing this? UHD content in 5.1 is not having the same problem.

Reported via console

submitted by /u/steppingstone01
    [link] [comments]

/u/steppingstone01, Oct 22, 2019
  2. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

*maybe* this "problem" is exactly how the Dolby Atmos App on Xbox One X works.

Dolby Atmos native content? perfect! Dolby Atmos playback.

No Dolby Atmos? the App upmix current audio track to Dolby Atmos (the headphones features works in this way).

I don't know if is intentional.
  3. NeedABeer2Play Win User

Atmos only outputs Multichannel

So after following up with the Dolby Access support team, apparently games aren't supported on home theater, only on headphones:

"Unfortunately, Games encoded with Dolby Atmos audio are not compatible with Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, as they are specifically configured for Dolby Atmos for Headphones. If the content you are experiencing is not compatible with the app you are
    using, then audio will cease, or will simply output as regular stereo output.

To clarify, Dolby Atmos for Home Theater is included at no charge with any Dolby Atmos supported hardware, such as a receiver or Xbox One X, and is used to activate Dolby Atmos features via HDMI connection for a Dolby Atmos certified AVR, soundbar,
    or TV."

"Unfortunately, the version of Dolby Atmos included with your Xbox is Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, which is not compliant with any gaming content."

It kind of strikes me as hard to believe, or that this won't be addressed, but that's what they're saying for now. That said, it still isn't working for me for Netflix content either, so I'm going continue troubleshooting with them and see what's doable
    and what's not. Fingers crossed.
  4. JoeyDigital63 Win User

New update causes avr Dolby atmos problem

I am experiencing this as well. Everything comes across the av receiver as Dolby Atmos, even non-Atmos content. Previously the receiver would switch as needed.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Dolby Atmos for Headphones question

If the game does not support Dolby Atmos, then the audio is normal stereo. Microsoft are working on updating Dolby Atmos, where if the game does not support Dolby, the audio will be converted to simulate Dolby Atmos.
  6. Abarrax Win User

Xbox One S and Dolby Atmos

I'm also having this same problem. The Dolby ATMOS app works great, VUDU UHD and Netflix 4k work fine with ATMOS, but when I have the Blu-ray app setting set to allow my receiver to decode (DENON S720W which supports ATMOS), the disc won't play - I don't
    even get a downgrade, and have to change the settings back to disabled, and the disc will play with some other surround decoding. Occasionally, I can just keep retrying, and I will get Dolby THD. but NEVER the ATMOS that is on the UHD 4k disc.

I've tested this with John Wick 2, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and others as well.
Thema:

Vudu and Dolby Atmos content

1. Vudu and Dolby Atmos content - Similar Threads - Vudu Dolby Atmos

2. Dolby Vision working with Disney+ & Vudu

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision working with Disney+ & Vudu: The newest Alpha Skip Ahead update 11/18/2019 fixed the Dolby Vision issue with Vudu & Disney+ http://imgur.com/gallery/HbWncuj submitted by /u/Jrocker23 [link] [comments]
  3. Dolby Vision issue with alpha skip ahead and VUDU?

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision issue with alpha skip ahead and VUDU?: Is anyone else having issues with alpha skip ahead and Dolby Vision (DV) and VUDU? My tv recognizes DV with Netflix fine under the current build, but when I try and use it with VUDU it says...
  4. Vudu wont play on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Vudu wont play on xbox one: When trying to start vudu, I get a Unable to request light device! Anybody know what this is about? 18851ac8-5d2b-4069-9fa9-a6e22e348f3b
  5. Issue with Vudu app

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with Vudu app: When trying to launch an HDR compatible movie, the screen will show dolby vision activated and not HDR 10 then you will see a quick flash with a green screen. Then an error pops up the the movie...
  6. VUDU UHD Content Not Playing

in XboX Insiders
    VUDU UHD Content Not Playing: Xbox Insider Skip Ahead member here. Latest build (10.0.18975.1006 - rs_xbox_dev_flight.190905-1900). I'm getting a generic Playback Error when trying to play UHD titled on my X1X on the. VUDU...
  7. Skip ahead 2004 breaks Vudu Dolby Vision

in XboX Insiders
    Skip ahead 2004 breaks Vudu Dolby Vision: Bug submitted on console. Since last night's 2004 SA update Vudu now has a playback error on all Dolby Vision titles. It still plays HD and HDR fine. Netflix still plays Dolby Vision titles fine....
  8. Vudu app and multiple charges

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Vudu app and multiple charges: Why is it everytime I try to buy a movie on my Xbox one X, using the vudu app, will it charge me 3 times? I buy multiple movies a week and it's starting to get irritating having this happen EVERY...
  9. No Prime Video or Vudu for 1-2 weeks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Prime Video or Vudu for 1-2 weeks: Vudu crashes at 'connecting'. Reinstalled a gazillion times, never works. Prime Video sometimes will log in and play for 30minutes or so....then tells me no band with when that's a lie. Then spins...
  10. Vudu Dolby Atmos Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Vudu Dolby Atmos Xbox One S: I know Xbox one doesn't support Dolby Atmos yet...But I am apart of the preview program and have the bitstream from Blu-ray to AV receiver and was wondering if I buy or rent a movie off of Vudu...