Want to change Classic Gamertqg but not Gamertag with the #

Discus and support Want to change Classic Gamertqg but not Gamertag with the # in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; CG= Classic Gamertag GT#= Gamertag with the discord number at the back i want to change my CG but want to keep my GT# the same, when i go to change... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Megumin9902, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Megumin9902
    Megumin9902 Guest

CG= Classic Gamertag

GT#= Gamertag with the discord number at the back

i want to change my CG but want to keep my GT# the same, when i go to change my GT# it says i own it and wont let me go to the next page where i can change my CG, any work around or is the system just flawed?

:)

Megumin9902, Jan 12, 2020
  2. VENOMOUSAK Win User

I do believe that to change your GT without the # will cost you money unfortunately
  3. MRallamagoosa Win User

Thank you for replying! I noticed that i have to pay and im fine with it, but i am fine with the gamertag i have currently ( the one with the discord #) and i just want to change the classic gamertag ( the one that shows in game) but in order to
    change the classic one i have to choose a new gamertag ( with the #) but i dont want to do that, i tried retyping the one im already using but it says i own it and u cant change it.
    Well, if I understood you well, the thing is you are considering the two gamertags as something different, but at the end you only have one, not two, so you cannot change "only one". How the gamertag shows in game depends on how the new GT# system
    has been managed by developers anyway (not all games are doing the same right now).

So the one you call GT# is actually the only gamertag you have and can manage/change. How it shows in game and everywhere else, for the time being and untill all systems/applications are aligned to the new system, really depends on how it was implemented
    in that specific case.
  4. Megumin9902 Win User

Thank you for replying! I noticed that i have to pay and im fine with it, but i am fine with the gamertag i have currently ( the one with the discord #) and i just want to change the classic gamertag ( the one that shows in game) but in order to change
    the classic one i have to choose a new gamertag ( with the #) but i dont want to do that, i tried retyping the one im already using but it says i own it and u cant change it.
  5. Sparks0267 Win User

New Gamertag System Suffix Issues

So you said I can change my classic gamertag. How do I change that after already changing my gamertag or do I have to change my entire gamertag again to change the classic one?
  6. Kimberly AnneTecson Win User

New Gamertag System Suffix Issues

Hi,

You cannot change the suffix that was added to your gamertag. If you'd like to change how the classic gametag appears for locations that don't support modern gamertags, you can se the "Customize classic gamertag" option when reserving your gamertag.
    NOTE: A suffix is added when that exact gamertag is already registered. If you enter a unique gamertag, no suffix will be added.

Thanks
Thema:

1. Want to change Classic Gamertqg but not Gamertag with the # - Similar Threads - change Classic Gamertqg

2. Xbox account change email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox account change email: Hi. My sons xbox is linked to my microsoft account and i want to change the details as he can access my emails etc. I dont want to set up a new account nor him as wed both loose all our details....
  3. Changing date of birth

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing date of birth: Hi during setting up the Xbox one for my son I entered my date of birth instead of his by mistake. Can I change this? If so I don't know how to thanks. Also what privact settings should i have on...
  4. how do i find out whos using my account when ive changed my password

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i find out whos using my account when ive changed my password: can anyone help to why or how someone is using my xbox live account when ive changed my password several times?? 71f2667a-3a2e-4f03-bc54-b70bc2f837af
  5. How does Ark get away with changing an achievements requirements?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How does Ark get away with changing an achievements requirements?: With the addition of their Genesis DLC they've made 3 notes from that requirements to unlock a previously unlockable without them achievement. Didn't something similar happen with Destiny and Xbox...
  6. Groove music changed to Japanese

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Groove music changed to Japanese: I got groove music today and began to play one of my cds when i saw that the names were in Japanese i redid the location but it hasn’t changed the text how can i fix it? [img]...
  7. Updates while in game, is a change being considered ???

in XboX Insiders
    Updates while in game, is a change being considered ???: I've had my ups and downs with the insider program, most have been great, small things here and there have been rough, but I stick through it knowing what I got myself into. What I'm really...
  8. Free Gamertag Change because 10 € /$ are to expensive for a Nickname that is free on Steam...

in XboX Insiders
    Free Gamertag Change because 10 € /$ are to expensive for a Nickname that is free on Steam...: Hello I think we need the option that we can change the name for free. Even EA leaves it free. submitted by /u/Lebenwesen [link] [comments]
  9. Change of classic gamertag after rushed change

in XBoX on Windows
    Change of classic gamertag after rushed change: Hello, I just bought Halo MCC and rediscovered my old gamertag (Nev22) which I didn't like so I proceeded to change it. I put my new option in which was , the page told that that name was too...
  10. Xbox Classic SWBF2 Language Change

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Classic SWBF2 Language Change: Hey people, I'm British and living in Germany, and I just installed the Xbox Classic version of Star Wars Battlefront 2. Even though my language settings have been on English since I moved here,...