Want to change Classic Gamertqg but not Gamertag with the #

Discus and support Want to change Classic Gamertqg but not Gamertag with the # in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; CG= Classic Gamertag GT#= Gamertag with the discord number at the back i want to change my CG but want to keep my GT# the same, when i go to change... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Megumin9902, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Megumin9902
    Megumin9902 Guest

CG= Classic Gamertag

GT#= Gamertag with the discord number at the back

i want to change my CG but want to keep my GT# the same, when i go to change my GT# it says i own it and wont let me go to the next page where i can change my CG, any work around or is the system just flawed?

:)

Megumin9902, Jan 12, 2020
  2. VENOMOUSAK Win User

I do believe that to change your GT without the # will cost you money unfortunately
  3. MRallamagoosa Win User

Thank you for replying! I noticed that i have to pay and im fine with it, but i am fine with the gamertag i have currently ( the one with the discord #) and i just want to change the classic gamertag ( the one that shows in game) but in order to
    change the classic one i have to choose a new gamertag ( with the #) but i dont want to do that, i tried retyping the one im already using but it says i own it and u cant change it.
    Well, if I understood you well, the thing is you are considering the two gamertags as something different, but at the end you only have one, not two, so you cannot change "only one". How the gamertag shows in game depends on how the new GT# system
    has been managed by developers anyway (not all games are doing the same right now).

So the one you call GT# is actually the only gamertag you have and can manage/change. How it shows in game and everywhere else, for the time being and untill all systems/applications are aligned to the new system, really depends on how it was implemented
    in that specific case.
  4. Megumin9902 Win User

Thank you for replying! I noticed that i have to pay and im fine with it, but i am fine with the gamertag i have currently ( the one with the discord #) and i just want to change the classic gamertag ( the one that shows in game) but in order to change
    the classic one i have to choose a new gamertag ( with the #) but i dont want to do that, i tried retyping the one im already using but it says i own it and u cant change it.
  5. Big Boy Blobfish Win User

Unable to change gamertag

I'm trying to change my classic gamertag which is the one you see in games. My classic gamertag got changed and my Xbox One and Xbox App gamertag stayed the same (the Xbox One gamertag is the ones they added with the new gamertag system).

My Xbox One gamertag is different to my in-game gamertag and I want my classic gamertag to be changed. You can only change your classic gamertag on the Xbox One console, I have tried using the other ways and you can only change your Xbox Gamertag, not your
    classic gamertag.

The reason I want to change my classic gamertag is that the classic gamertag can be fifteen characters and the Xbox One gamertag can only be 12 characters. If I use the other ways to change my gamertag it limits me to 12 characters and sets both my gamertags
    to that.
  6. Sparks0267 Win User

New Gamertag System Suffix Issues

So you said I can change my classic gamertag. How do I change that after already changing my gamertag or do I have to change my entire gamertag again to change the classic one?
Thema:

1. Want to change Classic Gamertqg but not Gamertag with the # - Similar Threads - change Classic Gamertqg

2. Gamertag changed but not displaying on PS4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag changed but not displaying on PS4: Hi, I linked my Microsoft Account to my PlayStation4 and it automatically generated a gamertag for me. I changed this Gamertag and the gamerpic through Xbox online and now when I log into my PS4,...
  3. Gamertag got changed and progress on servers got lost after 4 months not playing- MCPE for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag got changed and progress on servers got lost after 4 months not playing- MCPE for...: i just came back to mcpe for win10 after ~4 months not playing, and i saw my gamertag got changed to the old one(the one i used like 2yrs ago) and i changed my gamertag to a brand new names, then...
  4. How do you make child changes take affect?

in XBoX on Mobile
    How do you make child changes take affect?: Ive tryed to change my child’s account settings on microsoft so he can play on minecraft severs and the like, but even when i click save after changing the settings, they dont seem to change how...
  5. Classic Gamertag changed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Classic Gamertag changed: Just today, i noticed that while playing a game, my displayed gamertag had completely changed seemingly without reason. The new gamertag is also very clearly randomly generated. My Gamertag on the...
  6. Change Classic Gamertag from default

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change Classic Gamertag from default: So I made a new account and it was assigned the gamertag PumpkinChunk519. I didn't really want that one, so I tried to change it to スリンク. Unfortunately, because the classic gamertag system doesn't...
  7. Classic Gamertag Changed Without Approval

in XBoX Accessibility
    Classic Gamertag Changed Without Approval: My xbox gamertag was changed recently without me being able to do anything about it. I got a message from Xbox saying that my gamertag was changed for being offending. My gamertag was: Nick7592....
  8. I already have changed my name once however I didn't change my classic name

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I already have changed my name once however I didn't change my classic name: I HATE having the numbers at the end and I found an available classic name but I have to change everything first which costs money. Is there a way to change the classic gamertag (one displayed in...
  9. Change of classic gamertag after rushed change

in XBoX on Windows
    Change of classic gamertag after rushed change: Hello, I just bought Halo MCC and rediscovered my old gamertag (Nev22) which I didn't like so I proceeded to change it. I put my new option in which was , the page told that that name was too...
  10. Xbox Classic SWBF2 Language Change

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Classic SWBF2 Language Change: Hey people, I'm British and living in Germany, and I just installed the Xbox Classic version of Star Wars Battlefront 2. Even though my language settings have been on English since I moved here,...