Want to sell xbox 360 how do i un-attach from gamer tag

Discus and support Want to sell xbox 360 how do i un-attach from gamer tag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 360 i want to get rid of..! Im scared to give or sell because it was registered and was attached to my gamer tag. What i get from other forums... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BrianHarris291, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Want to sell xbox 360 how do i un-attach from gamer tag

I have 360 i want to get rid of..! Im scared to give or sell because it was registered and was attached to my gamer tag. What i get from other forums is people who have lent or sold consoles that get banned it comes back to original owners gamer tag. There
    must be a way to distance youself from a previously owned consoles. I deleted my gamertag and formated the drive then removed from my device & console list.

Posted via-Xbox One

:)

BrianHarris291, Mar 19, 2014
  2. Gamer tag

My xbox360 gamer tag is associated with email addresses that no longer exist. How can I change my email addresses ? Also I set up smart glass and it created a new gamer tag for me that I do not want. What I want is my original gamer tag associated with
    my New email. But xbox ga e me a new gamer tag as stared earlier. Can I Erase the new gamer tag and attach it to my original gamer tag?

HabitualFlunky0, Mar 19, 2014
  3. xbox live gold account

how do you transfer gold account from 360 to Xbox one?

how do you get your gamer tag from 360 to Xbox one?

how do you get your friends list from 360 to one?

UnweptCrown1808, Mar 19, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

If you've deleted your gamertag and formatted the hard drive then that's all you need to do. The only time it really becomes an issue is if you have one of the consoles that are on a contract ($99 for the console + the 2 year entertainment for all plan).

Smwutches, Mar 19, 2014
  5. Smwutches Win User

If you've deleted your gamertag and formatted the hard drive then that's all you need to do. The only time it really becomes an issue is if you have one of the consoles that are on a contract ($99 for the console + the 2 year entertainment for all plan).
  6. f00xm4n Win User

Trading in an XBOX One Help!

The games are attached to your gamer tag ..... I can not say the rest as it's against forum rules, but you cant currently sell digital games.
  7. ExtantFiend6587 Win User

"Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now"

That's incorrect. It's like this:

A is my main email with the gamer tag I want GONE.

B is my old email with the gamer tag I WANT.

C is a Microsoft account I made to move gamer tag A to.

I just want to understand if I'm doing anything wrong here.

I downloaded both Xbox Live profiles to a 360 quite some time ago and made Microsoft account C around the same time. I'm afraid to use the Xbox One I bought a few weeks ago because I don't want to reset any timers. I'm looking to close old email accounts
    I have, and the one my main gamer tag (B) is attached to is one of them, so I need to move it to my main email (A).

I do not have the time to make phone calls, and the chat system will not work for me due to the issue that's shown in the imgur link.
  8. kbutterly Win User

Is there anyway to limit playing time when child is playing using my account

Thanks for the quick reply.

He actually has a child account, but his 'gamer tag' is associated with my account. From what I have researched, you cannot move a gamer tag to a child account on an Xbox One. If that is not correct, any references to how to do it would be greatly appreciated.
    If it matters, and I know it does for Xbox 360, I have an Office 365 subscription on my MS account. On a 360, that prevents moving gamer tags.
  9. XBF Brad A Win User

Transfert de compte [translation-Account transfer]

Hello Syn's,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. You may move an account from Xbox 360 to the Xbox one X. All you need to do is sign in on the Xbox one X with the email/password on the account. If you are wanting to combine profiles into one that is impossible
    unfortunately. Once a profile is made and has gamer tag attached it can't be combined with another. Try logging in on the Xbox one X just like you did on the Xbox 360.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/move-from-xbox-360-to-xbox-one

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Want to sell xbox 360 how do i un-attach from gamer tag - Similar Threads - sell 360 attach

2. Preparing my xbox 360 to sell

in XBoX Accessibility
    Preparing my xbox 360 to sell: Hi, im preparing my xbox 360 to sell it to a friend.I have backed up most of my games saves to my cloud storage.The question is, how will clearing all my personal data in this xbox affect my xbox...
  3. Selling Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Selling Xbox 360: How do I remove personal data from xbox before selling? 752ff7e9-becf-4945-ba06-3f1b8a88e5b9
  4. Selling xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Selling xbox 360: My profile is the same on my 360 and my xbox one. If I delete my profile on the 360 will it also be deleted on the xbox one? c7415068-cf24-4e4d-b9e5-ebf9edefeb19
  5. Selling Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Selling Xbox 360: Hi there , I am selling my sons Xbox 360 to make way for his new Xbox one s . Do I need to remove any of my own information that may be stored on there or need to reset it to the factory settings....
  6. Selling an XBOX 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Selling an XBOX 360: I want to sell my XBOX360 and I want to make sure that after I delete all of my personal info that my Live profile doesn't get deleted as I use it now for my XB1. I created my Live profile and...
  7. Clearing XBOX 360 to sell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Clearing XBOX 360 to sell: I want to clear my profile from an XBOX 360 prior to selling. The XBOX opens up in my profile but does not connect to Windows Media, it has been several years since it was used and the old PC...
  8. Selling X Box 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Selling X Box 360: I want to sell my Son's X Box 360 before Christmas but I have no idea how to move his data from the console to the 250mb hard drive that's also in there. Also, once he gets his new X Box One, can...
  9. our xbox 360 was consol banned months ago , i want to sell it as he has a xbox 1 how can i ????

in XBoX on Consoles
    our xbox 360 was consol banned months ago , i want to sell it as he has a xbox 1 how can i ????: we have a xbox 360 s that is consol banned my son has had a x box 1 for nearly 2 years , we want to sell the xbox 360 i am a single mother how can this be un banned because at the moment it is...
  10. What do you need to do to your 360 before you sell it / Trade it in?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do you need to do to your 360 before you sell it / Trade it in?: So I have a good idea what to do but I just want to get all the steps straight. The 360 has been amazing for over a decade but it's time to retire it as there's not much ocassion to turn it on...