warning: kinect speech functionality is reduced due to unsupported locale/language

Discus and support warning: kinect speech functionality is reduced due to unsupported locale/language in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Just loaded COD on xbox one and got this error on the main screen, warning: kinect speech functionality is reduced due to unsupported... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by iiiNeURoTiC, Jun 17, 2014.

1. iiiNeURoTiC
    iiiNeURoTiC Guest

warning: kinect speech functionality is reduced due to unsupported locale/language

Hi,

Just loaded COD on xbox one and got this error on the main screen,

My locale has not changed? any ideas?

:)

iiiNeURoTiC, Jun 17, 2014
  2. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    How to change your XBOX LIVE language?

support.xbox.com/.../speech-recognition

if you read the offical link there only german is supported actually with all kinect supported regions they only support the local languages one in every region

siri can recognize certain languages and are localized to the Apple's server not german server and its not Content it can search for content as long as the local services doesn't block any offencive content (last i checked web traffic isn't controled in
    germany)

and yes germany does filter some content depends on what

ngocphi, Jun 17, 2014
  3. danielexxxx
    danielexxxx Guest
    Enable Kinect

Hello, I tryed to enable Kinect voice command but there is a warning saying to specify local setting for kincet voice recognition. I'm Italian and I didin't find anywhere these local setting... can anyone help me? Have I to set the XOne to english language?

danielexxxx, Jun 17, 2014
  4. bigbenx88
    bigbenx88 Guest

Not as yet. I know the recent update to the people in the preview program showed a change of functionality in the European regions. What region are you in?

bigbenx88, Jun 18, 2014
  5. bigbenx88 Win User

Not as yet. I know the recent update to the people in the preview program showed a change of functionality in the European regions. What region are you in?
  6. ngocphi Win User

How to change your XBOX LIVE language?

if you read the offical link there only german is supported actually with all kinect supported regions they only support the local languages one in every region

siri can recognize certain languages and are localized to the Apple's server not german server and its not Content it can search for content as long as the local services doesn't block any offencive content (last i checked web traffic isn't controled in
    germany)

and yes germany does filter some content depends on what
  7. kinmad4it Win User

TheHut: Xbox One for £399.99 (pre-order price promise)

Just skimmed through the press release someone posted earlier in this thread and came across an interesting little snippet.

2 Kinect voice functionality only available in supported locales and languages.
    So that must mean that kinect isn't a necessity. If some countries can't use it because of language barriers, there should be no difference in someone here not using it.
  8. ngocphi Win User

One of the many reason I hate living overseas...

With kinect it is affected by the region of your account as it is online specific

Every kinect supported country supports only a set languages

only english Regions support english kinect

German support german

France supports french

Is the list of kinect supported regions and what languages they support english isnt supported by kinect in germany

Kinect is geoip specific so even changing uk wont help you
  9. Lloydy25 Win User

Not another resolution thread!!

GG I meant that the 10% GPU reserved for kinect has been reduced. Some of the GPU is still reserved for kinect functions, whether a kinect is used or not, hence why I said the 10% has been reduced not removed.
Thema:

1. warning: kinect speech functionality is reduced due to unsupported locale/language - Similar Threads - warning kinect speech

2. Console Updates warning/delay needed

in XboX Insiders
    Console Updates warning/delay needed: I think there should be an option to delay the console update at least until I can finish my game. I’m getting annoyed how I’m in a middle of a game and console forces me to update without warning...
  3. Rocket league causing Xbox to shutdown with the thermal protection warning upon restart...

in XboX Insiders
    Rocket league causing Xbox to shutdown with the thermal protection warning upon restart...: Rocket league specifically is shutting down my xbox with the thermal protection warning upon restarts im unsure if this is known to be build related or if this is happening to non insider members...
  4. xbox live warning

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox live warning: Hi when I try to launch a game that requires xbox live I get error 0x87dd001a. it worked great up until now the internet connection is good and I am able to launch other games I see a warning...
  5. Why are we not warned before a game is pulled from the catalogue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are we not warned before a game is pulled from the catalogue?: I’m literally 30 mins game play away from obtaining the last two trophies in my game and it was pulled from the catalogue today. That’s all fair cause you can change the catalogue whenever. But...
  6. The new warning error about games is kinda confusing.

in XboX Insiders
    The new warning error about games is kinda confusing.: When you try to enter a game that requires a disc or an active subscription, before only said "To play this, insert the disc or renew the subscription", now it tries to guess where it came from,...
  7. 360: Warning badge after Connection Test and Problems with Messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    360: Warning badge after Connection Test and Problems with Messages: Hi. After doing the Connection Test it shows the generally yellow ! with the obligatory note to visit the Network help. I googled the error code but nothing helpful... I also have Problems...
  8. Console Turning off for ventilation Warning.

in XboX Insiders
    Console Turning off for ventilation Warning.: Everything sounds right with it, but it’s not working whatsoever I launch it 10 minutes later it turns off no warning nothing. submitted by /u/Masonington2 [link] [comments]
  9. : Invalid Format Warning while Xbox is on

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Invalid Format Warning while Xbox is on: : Invalid Format Warning while Xbox is on Hi Kaydin! It has nothing to do with the TV or switching the HDMI, it has to do with a setting on the console. Your Xbox One console automatically...
  10. WARNING: Soft Lock glitch found

in XBoX on Consoles
    WARNING: Soft Lock glitch found: I found a way to soft lock the xbox, either that or HEAVILY SLOW IT DOWN, on the games and apps section, I was bored and held down both trigger buttons, it caused the cursor to rapidly swap...