Warranty ended when device was being repaired

Discus and support Warranty ended when device was being repaired in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A few weeks ago I sent my Elite series 2 controller in for repair, before the warranty ended, and microsoft still has the controller. But when I go to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by [Taco], Aug 1, 2020.

1. [Taco]
    [Taco] Guest

A few weeks ago I sent my Elite series 2 controller in for repair, before the warranty ended, and microsoft still has the controller. But when I go to the website, it says the warranty is over and doesn't show the status of it

:)

[Taco], Aug 1, 2020
  2. ngocphi Win User

New Replacement But Not New Warranty

I sent in my Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 for the second time because of the "A" button being intermittent. Last time they sent back the same controller repaired or a refurbished one, not sure.

This time they sent me a brand new one with the box and everything sealed. I checked the serial number and it is a new one. Microsoft even updated it on my devices page on my profile. I noticed something though. My warranty ends the same time as the original
    did when I bought it back in June. Being a brand new device, shouldn't it get a brand new warranty? The old and current warranty ends in October.
    Why would you expect something abnormal as extemded warranty

When warranty replacement happens it doesnt affect the end of the warranty EVER Unless it is past the warranty period which case you get 30 days or a paid repair which gives you an extended warranty

This is regardless of companies
  3. WPAK Win User

elite remote warranty check

Hi there,

usually you will be able to check the warranty when you add a device to the devices list and it will show the warranty for that device, this is the link:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/

When setting up a repair request it usually will also show the warranty, this can be done via the same link, but it's advised to only do that when you actually need a repair request for a device
  4. ooD0C H0L1DAYoo Win User

Xbox One X and new Xbox One S both overheats like crazy as soon I start a game

If you've registered your device, sign in at Device services to
    see the device’s warranty status. If it’s within warranty, repairs are free. If your device is out of warranty, you’ll be charged a repair fee.
  5. Maxime86 Win User

Problem with a Xbox One Controller

Thank you, because the warranty being 2 years I would like to be repaired before the end of this one.
  6. Maxime86 Win User

Problem with a Xbox One Controller

Thank you, because the warranty being 2 years I would like to be repaired before the end of this one.
Thema:

1. Warranty ended when device was being repaired - Similar Threads - Warranty ended device

2. Warranty Information update on newly purchased Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty Information update on newly purchased Xbox One: Good Evening, I have recently purchased (1 week ago) a Xbox One and find that there is only a few months left (6 months) in the warranty. I have tried using the Xbox support channels, virtual...
  3. New Replacement But Not New Warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Replacement But Not New Warranty: I sent in my Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 for the second time because of the "A" button being intermittent. Last time they sent back the same controller repaired or a refurbished one, not...
  4. Xbox one controller warranty needs to be 1 year not 90 days

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox one controller warranty needs to be 1 year not 90 days: I feel you are robbing your customers if we pay over $100 for one controller just to only have a 90 day warranty. This is unexceptable! Any product over $100 or at the least $60 should have more...
  5. Dead Xbox 360 | Expired Warranty | Red Ring of Death | Microsoft Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dead Xbox 360 | Expired Warranty | Red Ring of Death | Microsoft Repair: Will my Xbox 360, that has been dead for 6 years due to the red ring of death, be repaired by Microsoft now if I manage to extent my warranty? 96cf4c67-cd94-4407-a69e-82713990628b
  6. How do I use my warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use my warranty?: It said my Xbox One S had a two year warranty, and I got it in December of 2018, so it hasn't been two years yet. It has been completely screwed up since last December, and I want it covered, and...
  7. Warranty

in XBoX on Windows
    Warranty: I recently spent the money to buy an Xbox Elite series 2 controller and the 3.5 aux jack stopped working. I know its the controller as I've plugged a headset in and it will not register anything...
  8. Elite Series 2 Controller Issues after Warranty Expiration

in XBoX Accessibility
    Elite Series 2 Controller Issues after Warranty Expiration: Anyone else having issues with their controller!? What am I supposed to do with the following? Is there replacement parts? The little rubbers on the bottom trigger selection fell off and can't put...
  9. HDMI Port Busted, Just lost warranty but it ended over COVID-19 closures and i missed out...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI Port Busted, Just lost warranty but it ended over COVID-19 closures and i missed out...: The HDMI port on my Xbox one X is not working at all and it randomly stopped on the 24th of march, so when I checked my warranty I had one day to send it in but because of the COVID-19 closures I...
  10. Xbox broke down after 2 weeks after the end of the warranty period

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox broke down after 2 weeks after the end of the warranty period: Xbox использовалась few . для Xbox сломался через 2 недели после окончания гарантийного срока . центр сервис в Москве просит производственного дефекта . Может ли компания Microsoft компенсировать...