Warranty Order Canceled on an Elite controller, used wrong serial number when ordering...

Discus and support Warranty Order Canceled on an Elite controller, used wrong serial number when ordering... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As the subject says, I needed to get warranty work done on one of my controllers. I accidentally selected the wrong controller when I was setting up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AnOddMistake, Mar 8, 2021.

1. AnOddMistake
    AnOddMistake Guest

Warranty Order Canceled on an Elite controller, used wrong serial number when ordering...

As the subject says, I needed to get warranty work done on one of my controllers. I accidentally selected the wrong controller when I was setting up the service order resulting in the order getting canceled after it arrived. My order was canceled February 18th.

I set up a second service order, this time with the correct device, anticipating my controller would be returned to me after the order was canceled so I could send it back in to get the warranty work actually done. It's been nearly 3 weeks (12 business days) since the order was canceled and I haven't received any confirmation that the canceled order has been shipped back and I'm starting to get worried.

Short of the long, I just want to make sure my controller is being returned so I can send it back in with the correct information. Can anyone help?

:)

AnOddMistake, Mar 8, 2021
  2. Internet Expert Win User

Elite Wireless Controller

You can order replacement parts for the Elite controller through the Microsoft Device Repair page. Be sure to register the controller's serial number to your Microsoft account.

The cost of parts may vary depending on your warranty status. The default warranty time of the Elite controller is 90 days from purchase.

See the article below for more details...

Support Article:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/servicing-elite-controller
  3. Arminator Win User

manette elite

In order to sign up your Elite controller for a warranty repair, go to
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com
    and if not already done so, register your Xbox One console.

Click on the Xbox One console, and choose that you have issues with an accessory. From the accessory menu, choose the Elite controller.

When you are asked for the controllers serial number, you can find that inside the battery compartment of the controller.
  4. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller

5. NinjaNevo3112 Win User

Service order disappeared.

Also it is worth noting that the serial number of the Elite 2 controller linked to my account has changed without me knowing. I have proof of my serial number on the email that Microsoft sent confirming my service order.
  6. HarryBrown6 Win User

xbox elite controller series 2

Unfortunately, because i bought the elite controller on its own, i cant seem to register it. When asking where to find the serial number there is no option for the xbox elite series 1. Other people have said unless you bought the package (Which i didn't)
    there the serial number option doesn't register the serial number of the controller. the only way to register a xbox elite controller is to by the paddle package and then the serial number is accepted. Personally i don't want to have to buy something just
    to be able to see if a warranty is still active.
Thema:

1. Warranty Order Canceled on an Elite controller, used wrong serial number when ordering... - Similar Threads - Warranty Order Canceled

2. My Xbox Series S warranty began from the day I pre-ordered, not the day I received the console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S warranty began from the day I pre-ordered, not the day I received the console.: On 22 September 2020 I pre-ordered an Xbox Series S direct from the Microsoft Store. I received my console on 10 November 2020 (console launch day) however when I look at my Microsoft account...
  3. Service order and warranty.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Service order and warranty.: I've had my xbox for just over a year and in the past two months I've had to send it for repair twice. The first time was whatever, it had been almost a year, you can expect issues. But when you...
  4. Ordered XSX on launch day, console warranty active since launch day, shipping estimated to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ordered XSX on launch day, console warranty active since launch day, shipping estimated to...: I have ordered an Xbox Series X on launch day. I have received a shipping confirmation email with an estimated delivery date of December 23. Is it normal that my product warranty is showing as...
  5. Xbox series X warranty starts on pre-order date

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X warranty starts on pre-order date: I checked my series x on my devices page, and the warranty expires 23 Sept 2021, which means that it started o. Pre-order date. Over a month before it shipped for the 10. Nov release. I preordered...
  6. Can I purchase a warranty from Microsoft if I pre ordered the Xbox Series X in-person at...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I purchase a warranty from Microsoft if I pre ordered the Xbox Series X in-person at...: I was able to pre-order the Xbox Series X in person at GameStop. I paid in full already but I didn't opt to buy the warranty. Was wondering if Microsoft has a stock warranty and if I can buy an...
  7. Pre ordered a Series x without a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pre ordered a Series x without a warranty: My wife was able to get my Series x through Target.com when pre orders started but in the CHAOS she forgot a warranty. Is it possible to get a warranty through Microsoft when i receive the...
  8. Service Order for In Warranty - Standard Exchange, cancelled? Why? Where is my device?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Service Order for In Warranty - Standard Exchange, cancelled? Why? Where is my device?: I am a 39 year old gamer, who treats his devices with respect. My wife bought me an Elite 2 Controller back in December 2019 and the warranty is still valid until December 2020. Towards the end of...
  9. Service Order Warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Service Order Warranty: Hi, I have a query regarding a service order 1501572526. This was returned to you and UPS show it as delivered to the service centre in Germany. This was sent at exactly the same time as another...
  10. Warranty repair order/store question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty repair order/store question: I started an online repair order for a controller. And even though I habe to pay to ship it to microsoft it is still cheaper than a new one, since its under warranty. But I realized I will be...