Warranty problem (xbox controller)

Discus and support Warranty problem (xbox controller) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Xbox One S and its warranty ends 04/15/2020. I have a technical problem with a joystick on my controller and I looked for a repair... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nathan.bnx, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Nathan.bnx
    Nathan.bnx Guest

Hello,

I have an Xbox One S and its warranty ends 04/15/2020.

I have a technical problem with a joystick on my controller and I looked for a repair or replacement using the serial number of the controller.

The problem is that according to Microsoft, my controller no longer has a warranty, whereas I bought the Xbox and the controller at the same time.

Thanks in advance for the help Warranty problem (xbox controller) ;)

(my english isn't perfect, I'm french)

:)

Nathan.bnx, Feb 20, 2020
  2. AridLizard Win User

Intermittent sound on xbox one s when playing games

can you borrow a different controller to confirm whether the problem is with the Xbox or the controller?

if it works fine on a different controller then you will need to get the controller repaired/replaced (standard warranty is 90 days but some retailers have a longer warranty if you didn't get it direct from Microsoft/Xbox)

if the problem continues with a different controller then you should set get it replaced under warranty.
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry to hear it. Xbox Accessories such as controllers have only a 90 day warranty from the date of purchase. I'm afraid that if your controller is out of warranty you would need to either pay for a repair or look into purchasing a new one
  4. Nathan.bnx Win User

If you bought directly through Microsoft Store you can reach the support like was said by our fellow ambassador NaZoooom but I think the support will say that the controller warranty is alredy over.
    I bought it on Microsoft store online. But when I go to https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us and select my type of problem I am redirected to the forum or Microsoft's AI chat.

So I don't know how to get an assistance for this problem.

Thanks for your help ;)
  5. RedCarGamer Win User

Besides the console having 2 years of warranty in Europe you are right, but the controller doesnt use that amount of warranty. For what I could find, controllers in Europe have a 1 year warranty.

If you bought the console in a retailer or a non-microsoft store you need to check with them. If you bought directly through Microsoft Store you can reach the support like was said by our fellow ambassador NaZoooom but I think the support will say that the
    controller warranty is alredy over.
  6. Nathan.bnx Win User

Thanks everyone, I will call the support tomorrow.

Have a good time ;)
Thema:

1. Warranty problem (xbox controller) - Similar Threads - Warranty problem controller

2. Problems with controller warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with controller warranty: I bought an Xbox one S, and its controller came with a lot of flaws like RB and LB squeaking and loosening, Button A not responding sometimes, RT grabbing at RB, battery cover not properly seated,...
  3. Problems with controller warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with controller warranty: I bought an Xbox one S, and its controller came with a lot of flaws like RB and LB squeaking and loosening, Button A not responding sometimes, RT grabbing at RB, battery cover not properly seated,...
  4. PROBLEMS WITH WARRANTY, URGENT

in XBoX on Mobile
    PROBLEMS WITH WARRANTY, URGENT: Firstly, I am from Brazil, secondly I have problems in my control of my xbox one s, thirdly, I will explain the situation, my xbox one s was bought from a reliable store, Lojas Americanas here in...
  5. Problem with the warranty after the service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with the warranty after the service: As in the title, a few weeks ago I sent an xbox to the service. When he returned, the length of the warranty was shortened for some ridiculous monthly period. As of today, according to the...
  6. Warranty problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty problem: I bought my Xbox One S less than a month ago and it does not work anymore. When I register my device for repair, I am told that the warranty is expired. I do not understand and would like to get...
  7. problem to trigger xbox one warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    problem to trigger xbox one warranty: my xbox one was purchased at a major supermarket in Brazil on October 4, 2017. Today, July 17, 2018, I tried to trigger the console warranty however the microsoft system informs me that my console...
  8. Problem with warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with warranty: "Hello, good day, the problem is that I send my console to repair, with everything (power cable, HDMI cable and remote control) and the moment I arrived and repaired the cable alone or the remote...
  9. Got my xbox one s back from warranty with the same problem, what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got my xbox one s back from warranty with the same problem, what to do?: I just got my Xbox One S back from warranty with the same problem E102 10010C02 8B060007 I have tried over and over to factory reset and offline update but nothing works, the worst is that I had...
  10. xbox one controller warranty problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller warranty problem: My controller has some problems with the LB and RB. I would like to use my warranty and send it to SAV but i cannot register the controller even with serial below the bar code inside the...