Warranty start date

Discus and support Warranty start date in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I have asked this question before, but wondered if anyone can give me an accurate answer. I have tried following all the links, but cant get a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rossmfh76, Oct 24, 2019.

1. rossmfh76
    rossmfh76 Guest

Warranty start date

Hi all,

I have asked this question before, but wondered if anyone can give me an accurate answer. I have tried following all the links, but cant get a clear answer from anyone.

I registered my device with Microsoft so i could send it away for repair. See screenshot below. It says that it is under warranty for three years ending 1/06/21. This would suggest it was bought 01/06/18. I bought it "new" from a toy shop in December 2018.
    Does anyone know how they work out this date? Have i been sold something that was previously sold and returned? Thanks everyone.

Warranty start date [​IMG]

:)

rossmfh76, Oct 24, 2019
  2. rossmfh76 Win User

Warranty start date

Hi everyone,

I have contacted the store/shop who sold the item. They have asked me to check on here one more time if anyone can tell me that it was definitely sold to someone before me. If anyone on here could confirm that based on the screenshots and the reply above,
    I can let them know. Thank you.
  3. Photonimus Win User

Warranty Start Date

I recommend giving a call to 1-800-4MY-XBOX

They may be better suited to answer.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Warranty start date

Hi Ross,

Thanks for coming to the forums. With what you posted it is very possible someone bought this console before you. There are two reasons:

1. The warranty started 11 months before your purchase.
    2. There is an extended warranty purchased through Microsoft, called Microsoft complete that is why there is three years.
    The warranty for an Xbox console is one year. So in this instance you have got a console with extra warranty that the person forgot about when they returned the console. Personally, in this instance I would not worry about it as you have extra warranty on
    the console.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

Warranty start date

Hello Rossmfh76,

The warranty of a console starts as soon as the console is scanned and purchased at a retailer. Since the warranty activation date of that Xbox is off, the only reason left on the table is that the console was sold, returned and then purchased again by you.

If you still have the receipt or proof of purchase, I recommend
    contacting a live agent
    to go over any possible options we may have.

Hope this helps!
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

2 year warranty for Xbox One S -1TB

Actually the warranty begins from the day you purchase it. Whether you get as a gift at a later date. The warranty always starts from date of purchase.
Thema:

Warranty start date

1. Warranty start date - Similar Threads - Warranty start date

2. Xbox Elite 2 warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 warranty: so i bought 2 elite series 2 controllers on release day and microsft is saying the warranty expired in march 5 months after purchase. now my original elite had a 1 yr warranty why such a short one...
  3. Elite Controller Series 2 Warranty:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 2 Warranty:: So I’ve had the elite controller series 2 for about 8 days now, I bought it from Target for my birthday and I asked for the 3-Year warranty, which I got, but I’m not exactly sure how to apply it....
  4. Warranty

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Warranty: I sent my xbox to UPS so they can send it to Microsoft for repair. Do I get an email when they recieve it? 100c1a71-8af4-4ff6-8853-4e55c76ffa37
  5. xbox elite controller series 2 replacement with warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox elite controller series 2 replacement with warranty: when I send my controller in to get replaced will I get a new controller back or a refurbished one? 7a052108-57f9-4f3d-82b2-47545dbb54c3
  6. Xbox one controller series 2 wouldn't let me request repair while it was under warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller series 2 wouldn't let me request repair while it was under warranty: So for the last couple of weeks I've been trying to request repairs or replacement of my series 2, with massive stick drift. The web page would always freeze after I tried to click past where it...
  7. XBox Elite 2 Controller Warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Elite 2 Controller Warranty: Can anyone explain why, when trying to send an elite 2 controller for repair/replacement under warranty, I'm only given the option pictured below. [img] Given that I've had the controller...
  8. At what time does the warranty period start

in XBoX on Consoles
    At what time does the warranty period start: At time of purchase or when you set up the system? System bought from ebay, still sealed and in new condition. Thanks. 6aff554c-2374-4162-b4c8-2d85022c64ff
  9. My warranty started before I bought my console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My warranty started before I bought my console?: Just registered my console last night and tried to get my extended warranty, sadly it wouldn't work. I've now noticed my warranty started on the 15th of January, I purchased the console (directly...
  10. Warranty Start Date

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty Start Date: I bought a Xbox 360 and when I registered it, the warranty start date shows 4 November. The purchase date on the receipt is 27 December, 2013. Shouldn't the warranty start as of that date? If it...