Warranty start date

Discus and support Warranty start date in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I have asked this question before, but wondered if anyone can give me an accurate answer. I have tried following all the links, but cant get a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rossmfh76, Oct 24, 2019.

1. rossmfh76
    rossmfh76 Guest

Warranty start date

Hi all,

I have asked this question before, but wondered if anyone can give me an accurate answer. I have tried following all the links, but cant get a clear answer from anyone.

I registered my device with Microsoft so i could send it away for repair. See screenshot below. It says that it is under warranty for three years ending 1/06/21. This would suggest it was bought 01/06/18. I bought it "new" from a toy shop in December 2018.
    Does anyone know how they work out this date? Have i been sold something that was previously sold and returned? Thanks everyone.

Warranty start date [​IMG]

:)

rossmfh76, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Photonimus Win User

Warranty Start Date

I recommend giving a call to 1-800-4MY-XBOX

They may be better suited to answer.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Warranty start date

Hi Ross,

Thanks for coming to the forums. With what you posted it is very possible someone bought this console before you. There are two reasons:

1. The warranty started 11 months before your purchase.
    2. There is an extended warranty purchased through Microsoft, called Microsoft complete that is why there is three years.
    The warranty for an Xbox console is one year. So in this instance you have got a console with extra warranty that the person forgot about when they returned the console. Personally, in this instance I would not worry about it as you have extra warranty on
    the console.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. KLRSKIR Win User

Question about Xbox 360 S Warranty

A little clarification here; The warranty on a new console starts on the date of purchase, not the date of manufacture.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox One X Warranty

Usually if you have a proof of purchase with the purchase date (e.g. store receipt) the warranty starts from the purchase date.

However, you need to prove that you purchased the console on that specific date, and contact the official support, so the full warranty can be honored.
  6. southman1 Win User

Are you getting extended warranty?

Nope, if they made the extended warranty starts after the initial warranty runs out that would be different, my X1 warranty expires Feb 15, if I get a 2 extended warranty it starts from the date of the original X1 purchase which was Nov 13 so a 2yr warranty
    will expire Nov15 only 9 months.
Thema:

Warranty start date

1. Warranty start date - Similar Threads - Warranty start date

2. Xbox one x warranty UK

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x warranty UK: Hi there. Ive been having some trouble with image display on my xbox one x... it does not show any picture or sound... which has lead me to the conclusion that i need to send it off for repair via...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Warranty Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Warranty Question: So I just purchased a brand new Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 from Best Buy on 11/18/2019 (yesterday). I went online to the Microsoft website, registered my device and the warranty...
  4. warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    warranty: Any easy way to return bad headphones under warranty. I've tried several numbers and get the run-around. X-box headphones are [mod removed]. I would not recommend buying them because the hassle...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 Warranty Extension - Canada

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Warranty Extension - Canada: If you purchase an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller from a third party (Bestbuy, Walmart, The Source, or etc) can you purchase an extended warranty from Microsoft? If so how do you go about doing...
  6. Shipping Label/Warranty Returns

in XBoX on Consoles
    Shipping Label/Warranty Returns: Ive been waiting a week to get a shipping label e-mailed to me from microsoft so I can return a defective Xbox One. I keep calling and they keep telling me one will be e-mailed withing 24 hours....
  7. Does the Elite 2 Controller really only have 90-day warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Elite 2 Controller really only have 90-day warranty?: I bought the very expensive Elite 2 Xbox controller. I was reading the warranty manual and it says that Xbox accessories only have a 90-day warranty. Does that include the Elite 2 controller? I...
  8. At what time does the warranty period start

in XBoX on Consoles
    At what time does the warranty period start: At time of purchase or when you set up the system? System bought from ebay, still sealed and in new condition. Thanks. 6aff554c-2374-4162-b4c8-2d85022c64ff
  9. My warranty started before I bought my console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My warranty started before I bought my console?: Just registered my console last night and tried to get my extended warranty, sadly it wouldn't work. I've now noticed my warranty started on the 15th of January, I purchased the console (directly...
  10. Warranty Start Date

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty Start Date: I bought a Xbox 360 and when I registered it, the warranty start date shows 4 November. The purchase date on the receipt is 27 December, 2013. Shouldn't the warranty start as of that date? If it...