Was I right to send in my power supply first?

Discus and support Was I right to send in my power supply first? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay. My X1 wouldn't turn on. The power supply did not show any light while being plugged in. So it was recommended I send in the brick for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LP Shadow Fox, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Was I right to send in my power supply first?

Okay. My X1 wouldn't turn on. The power supply did not show any light while being plugged in. So it was recommended I send in the brick for replacement. Which I did. After reading some more about the problem I discover other users replacing their brick
    only to find it was the console and not the brick itself. The thing different about mine is that no light is showing while the other cases the light would come on but disappear after the system was powering on. Was I right to send in the brick first? I'm just
    worried because I really DO NOT want to receive the brick back only to find out it was the system and wait even longer to get a replacement console.

:)

LP Shadow Fox, Feb 18, 2014
  2. MatheusLince
    MatheusLince Guest
    Sim

My Xbox One power supply burned, and I wanted to ask my gantia to send a new power supply.

MatheusLince, Feb 18, 2014
  3. Jeff B53
    Jeff B53 Guest
    Xbox 1 (s) power supply?

Thanks DAZZA 433 ..I believe your right since the power supply reset fail.. Time to send it off..

Jeff B53, Feb 18, 2014
  4. Jeff B53 Win User

Xbox 1 (s) power supply?

Thanks DAZZA 433 ..I believe your right since the power supply reset fail.. Time to send it off..
  5. stickybewts Win User

Xbox One Won't Turn On; Power Supply or Console Problem?

so i get my advance replacement console after they tell me to send in my power brick, then tell me that its the console.... and it has no power supply in it. they recieved my package and for some reason cancelled my order for my power supply to come back
    because they were under the impression that they were sending out whole units, while the warehouse was sending out just consoles. im out a power supply now, and still have to send back my broken xb1, well done xbox.
  6. God of the Nine Win User

Power to console but no light at power button and Wireless controllers wont link up

It is possible that your Power supply has shorted out. Do you have anyone with the same power supply that could lend you one to find out? I don't recommend plugging your supply into another console or theirs into yours if there could be a short causing it
    to fail. However this is a quick test instead of sending the Xbox in right away. Your power supply should light up yellow if on, and working.
  7. HassanB Win User

Xbox shutting down by itself

Hi Unltd144,

If the XBOX 360's power supply is displaying a red color for any reason or acting up like this where it randomly turns off it's likely the power supply needs to be changed. Not sure if you've tried this but have you directly plugged the XBOX 360 power supply
    into a wall outlet and not a power strip? This can sometimes cause problems like this so please make sure of that before you continue further.

If the problem still persists after you've plugged the power supply directly into a wall outlet then it's likely your power supply needs to be replaced. Please visit this site here to
    request an exchange for your power supply. There's no way to just fix this issue yourself, it will require that the power supply be replaced.

Assuming your console is under warranty it's an even exchange, they send you instructions on where to send the power supply, you follow the instructions, they receive the power supply and send you one right back.

Hopefully that will be the end of your problems.
  8. LarryZ(2) Win User

Xbox one won't stay on help -.-

Welcome to my own personal hell! I've been dealing with this since launch day. I was convinced it was a console issue, so I had Microsoft send me a replacement console. That one did the same thing. I ordered a 2nd replacement, but that one had the same
    problem, so I'm convinced it is not specific to the console.

Right now I'm thinking it is a power supply issue. My power supply does not indicate any fault (the light is white when powered on, orange when powered off) and it remains fairly cool to the touch (it isn't on long enough to heat up!). 3 consoles with
    the same problem seems unlikely, but the power supply was the same, so right now I'm going to send that in to get a replacement. Unfortunately there is no advanced exchange, so it'll be a few weeks for a replacement.
Thema:

Was I right to send in my power supply first?

1. Was I right to send in my power supply first? - Similar Threads - Was right send

2. the status page says xbox only.... so pc and mobile should be up right?

in XBoX on Windows
    the status page says xbox only.... so pc and mobile should be up right?: cant seem to connect to any games on the pc but the store seems fine? 168764c6-8c7f-430f-b778-1b81044fed89
  3. is xbox live down right now ?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    is xbox live down right now ?: is xbox live down right now ? Hey Smiley Thank you so much for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with being able to...
  4. Xbox Live is currently experiencing issues right now.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live is currently experiencing issues right now.: I noticed Xbox Live is experiencing issue at the moment, so I figured I'd make a post about it to hopefully cut down on the inevitable topics asking about what is going on. There is currently a...
  5. How do i send in a video to show that someone was not playing a game the right way

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i send in a video to show that someone was not playing a game the right way: I have a video to add with a report on xbox one,was I playing "players unknown battleground" had a team mate kill me for no reason then when I asked why he told me to go f$$k myself, so I would...
  6. "Sorry, we can't send this message right now. Try again in a while."

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Sorry, we can't send this message right now. Try again in a while.": Hey, everyone. I have a reoccurring issue with the Xbox One site in particular. It is not uncommon for me to get "Sorry, we can't send this message right now. Try again in a while." error message...
  7. Sorry, we can't send this message right now. Try again in a while.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sorry, we can't send this message right now. Try again in a while.: why are we constantly getting "Sorry, we can't send this message right now. Try again in a while." while trying to contact other players for matchmaking. Seriously what is wrong with microsoft....
  8. Failed to send message or Cant send message right now

in XBoX on Consoles
    Failed to send message or Cant send message right now: I have xbox live gold but I am unable to send messages to my friends on xbox. If anybody could help me fix this it would be great e4420ebd-05b4-4975-86e7-b27d9c6791d6
  9. 0x87c40001 "We cannot send invites right now"

in XBoX on Consoles
    0x87c40001 "We cannot send invites right now": Trying to invite friends to a party and game. Troubleshooting steps performed: Hard console restart (failed) Restart network router (failed) 177551ee-ce4d-4ddf-8b94-6d5095c5bde1
  10. right trigger sends me to home screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    right trigger sends me to home screen: Playing both AC black flag and unity if i pull the right trigger all the way it vibrates and sends me back to home screen. So I have to be super careful while trying to run or fire or i get kicked...