Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag?

Discus and support Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey everyone! I was directed here by a support rep to see if I could claim a gamertag from an account that has been inactive for ~9 years. The original... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/nicnacnic1, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag?

Hey everyone!
    I was directed here by a support rep to see if I could claim a gamertag from an account that has been inactive for ~9 years. The original gamertag is nicnacnic and my current one is nicnacnic3485. I also own an YT and Twitch channel and viewers are having trouble finding my account. If anyone needs the support chat, here it is: https://microsoft-xbox.directly.com...9&et=2c99859373799ff10173a826e5a97278&fe=true

Thanks.

submitted by /u/nicnacnic1
    [link] [comments]

/u/nicnacnic1, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Nburns25 Win User

Gamertag is taken even though everywhere says its not

Hello,

Microsoft has stated previously that an account must be inactive for a minimum of 2 years before being designated as inactive. After that period, the gamertag can be reclaimed by a new account. Before then, there is no way to claim the gamertag if it is
    linked to an account that has not been inactive for two years.

I hope this helps and sorry for the inconvenience.
  3. HyperVenom523 Win User

Change Gamertag

The name must be inactive by 5 or more years to claim it but that dont mean you can always do so because every Xbox account is tied to an email, so if the Xbox account is 5 years inactive but the email used for that account is being used constantly then
    you cant claim that name at all...
  4. Smwutches Win User

Inactive Gamertag Claiming

Per the terms of service, if a person does not sign into their account for 5 years, the account will be released.
  5. Flymonkey102 Win User

Change Gamertag

No you will need to wait for the tag to become inactive for you to be able to claim that.
  6. Lillithvain Win User

This Gamertag does not exist on Xbox Live

Chances are if it won't let you claim that tag, it is taken by someone else or set to expired/inactive. But, it will be a long time before the tag is available if it is expired/inactive. But, out of curiosity, what is that tag?
Thema:

Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag?

1. Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag? - Similar Threads - claim inactive gamertag

2. I claimed the Minecraft Windows 10 Edition code a while back to a microsoft account that i...

in XBoX on Windows
    I claimed the Minecraft Windows 10 Edition code a while back to a microsoft account that i...: i claimed it to an older account that i made years ago, and i can't remember many security details so it fails the account recovery everytime. 278c893e-7379-4119-9a0f-16bcaf5627a1
  3. Unable to claim Xbox All Access - what are my options?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to claim Xbox All Access - what are my options?: Backstory: I purchased Xbox All Access from BestBuy.com. When I got the console in the mail, I set it up with my account and selected "claim" in the account settings to activate the Game Pass...
  4. xbox Warranty claim At Singapore

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox Warranty claim At Singapore: Hi everyone. i have a problem with my xbox, and been contact them and i want to send my xbox to singapore. May i know their address or can someone share where i should send my problem xbox? Thank...
  5. Unable to claim Games With Gold that are Xbox 360 or older

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to claim Games With Gold that are Xbox 360 or older: I am a current xbox live gold member, and have been trying to claim the game Saints Row 2, as it is this months game with gold. When I try to claim this game on my xbox one, it says “This purchace...
  6. Official Xbox One controller fault - claim under warranty in the UK

in XBoX on Consoles
    Official Xbox One controller fault - claim under warranty in the UK: Hi, I purchased a controller from a private trader on Amazon less than 60 days ago. The RB button has today developed an intermittent fault, whereby it fails to send a signal to the Xbox. I have...
  7. 2 and a half weeks and 4 support phone calls later, which claimed "I would have an answer...

in XBoX Accessibility
    2 and a half weeks and 4 support phone calls later, which claimed "I would have an answer...: I called over 2 and a half weeks ago about my account being locked. Every single time it forces me to go to the web and use a phone number to unlock it. If I want to play my Xbox any that day, I...
  8. bundle claim

in XBoX Games and Apps
    bundle claim: can you still get the eon skin bundle for fortnite in 2020 6dd01097-4642-4e63-b2fb-496aabaa8077
  9. There is any chance to claim a gamertag reset for an inactive account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    There is any chance to claim a gamertag reset for an inactive account?: For long I've been wanting to have my gamertag as (Mod Removed) But the thing is that there is an account that has never been used once that has that gamertag on, my question is: Can somebody...
  10. Inactive Gamertag Claiming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inactive Gamertag Claiming: I'm sure this has been said before, but could it be included in the terms or something that if a user has not had Gold for over a year, their Gamertag can be claimed? Because too many people make...