Way to get around System Update?

Discus and support Way to get around System Update? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Recently my internet had to be turned off because of money issues. I found out that I could connect my Xbox to my mobile hotspot on my phone since I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by EIIybob, Feb 8, 2020.

1. EIIybob
    EIIybob Guest

Recently my internet had to be turned off because of money issues. I found out that I could connect my Xbox to my mobile hotspot on my phone since I have an unlimited plan. It worked out surprisingly well with little to no lag. Then a system update came.
    It's just three GB but my mobile hotspot can't handle it and I can't play now without downloading the update. Is there a way to get around this without downloading it?

:)

EIIybob, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Vinny #1 Win User

3. WGID Win User

Hello,

Unfortunately, to play online you must download the new system upgrade, sorry.

I hope you resolve your money issues, 2020 is a new year and I wish the best.
  4. enockLI Win User

No no podras utilizar tu xbox hasta actualizarlo ya que la actualizacion es para mejorar la consola y evitar errores del sistema
  5. Reactor Leak SF Win User

Next best thing i would recommend in the meantime is if youve got a nearby friend, see if he/she will let you hook it up for the update.

if they ask a reason, just say theres an issue with it downloading on your network and Xbox Ambassadors suggested using another network to see if its an internet issue :)

good luck and Happy Gaming!
  6. voteDC Win User

Able to access other users content?

It's also the best way to get around the online pass system if you have two consoles in the house.
Thema:

1. Way to get around System Update? - Similar Threads - around System Update

2. ARK: Survival Evolved at around 90% installation, error with code 0x80070003

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ARK: Survival Evolved at around 90% installation, error with code 0x80070003: I recently bought ARK: Survival Evolved from CDkeys and have tried to install it on the Microsoft store. The installation progress is long so I left it running overnight, last seeing the...
  3. One month old Xbox One S will only stay on for around a min then switches off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    One month old Xbox One S will only stay on for around a min then switches off.: My one month old Xbox One S started developing problems a couple of days ago, starting with the downloaded GTA 5 game that i have played without fault for the past month would load up to start the...
  4. Toxic player keeps changing his name to get around bans

in XBoX Accessibility
    Toxic player keeps changing his name to get around bans: Myself and a few others are part of a small community of gamers that still play Farcry Instincts Predator (FCIP) on the Xbox360 A player known as [mod removed] and MANY MANY other tags is a long...
  5. All Game Pass games running at a capped framerate of around 15fps in fullscreen.

in XBoX on Windows
    All Game Pass games running at a capped framerate of around 15fps in fullscreen.: When entering fullscreen mode on any Game Pass game, it will always be capped at 15fps. My hardware is more than powerful enough to run these games, and when running in windowed mode they run...
  6. Is the "Pause all" downloads bug ever going to be fixed? It has been around for years.

in XboX Insiders
    Is the "Pause all" downloads bug ever going to be fixed? It has been around for years.: Does this affect many of you and if so are you reporting it? I've been having the issue intermittently for years, and I know I'm not the only one. If you don't know what I'm talking about, the...
  7. HACKERS - GOING AROUND FRYING ACCOUNTS AND ROUTERS [mod removed]

in XBoX on Consoles
    HACKERS - GOING AROUND FRYING ACCOUNTS AND ROUTERS [mod removed]: Hi xbox community! I've run into an issue recently with a hacker. I was playing apex legends and was messaged by a guy by the gamertag [mod removed] who had insulted me and was frustrated I hadn't...
  8. Did they really need to flip the home menu around?

in XboX Insiders
    Did they really need to flip the home menu around?: So we had 2 updates in 2 days and to my knowledge the only thing they did was move all the profile, audio, settings, and power options from the left to the right, was it really needed? submitted...
  9. Xbox Elite Controller - Warranty. The entire system is a run around to lodge because you...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller - Warranty. The entire system is a run around to lodge because you...: <p>Long story short as possible with no solution except maybe wait 30 mins for a phone call which will probably run me around again.</p><p></p><p>Bought a white elite controller from Microsoft Aus...
  10. Game DVR system requirements work around

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR system requirements work around: Is there any work around for the Game DVR system requirements? My GPU isn't that good but I know that it can screen record (I am forced to use Razer Cortex for screen recording but I don't like...