Ways to reduce internet data usage on Xbox 360?

Discus and support Ways to reduce internet data usage on Xbox 360? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My ISP has a data cap. So I am going through my devices and trying to make sure they use as little data as possible. I am down to the 360. I have no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shpati, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Shpati
    Shpati Guest

My ISP has a data cap. So I am going through my devices and trying to make sure they use as little data as possible. I am down to the 360.

I have no clue on this device.

- For one, I don't even know how to disconnect from being online without signing out of my Profile. Is there a way the 360 will just sign into the profile without connecting to the internet? That way, I can choose when I want to connect online?

- How can I disable advertisements and live tiles on the home screens? This might be using some data because they are basically video clips. And the tiles are updated with information I don't care about.

Any other things that could be using data?

Any help and recommendations are appreciated!!

:)

Shpati, Apr 5, 2015
  2. Nimahan
    Nimahan Guest
    Bing Backgrounds

It shouldn't be a problem with your internet connection. To reduce data usage (On mobile phones, xbox, and other consumer products), the bing background does not always change automatically, it is cached.

So when you hit 'search' your bing background should change to today's picture once you exit.

Nimahan, Apr 5, 2015
  3. CelticMerc
    CelticMerc Guest
    Streaming Xbox One games to Windows 10 - Need help

Maybe that is the case, I have no way to check the data usage right now other than through the windows 10 network settings. I might just ring up our isp tomorrow and check what they say our data usage has been. Just out of curiosity though how come it shouldn't use internet data?

CelticMerc, Apr 5, 2015
  4. Raian93
    Raian93 Guest

1) Unplug your ethernet cable/forget the network if you use wifi

2) No there isn't but those ads don't take up much data

At least according to my ISP, it rates Xbox Live multiplayer as using 6-8GB of data based off of playing 5 hours a day every day per month. So it's not that bad.

Raian93, Apr 6, 2015
  5. Raian93 Win User

1) Unplug your ethernet cable/forget the network if you use wifi

2) No there isn't but those ads don't take up much data

At least according to my ISP, it rates Xbox Live multiplayer as using 6-8GB of data based off of playing 5 hours a day every day per month. So it's not that bad.
  6. LegoNinja187 Win User

Gamerpic

I'm pretty sure this is something that Xbox has done to help reduce the amount of internet usage in these tough times.
  7. Nimahan Win User

Bing Backgrounds

It shouldn't be a problem with your internet connection. To reduce data usage (On mobile phones, xbox, and other consumer products), the bing background does not always change automatically, it is cached.

So when you hit 'search' your bing background should change to today's picture once you exit.
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

Internet data usage

Hi Melion,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand you have question on how much data a game uses. This would be best answered first by developers. As we don't have that type of data. The only other thing is to monitor the usage yourself over a period of time.

Thanks,

Brad
  9. Mister Beep Win User

What is this?!?!

Hey LadyJadey,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to see the high bandwidth usage! Has your Xbox One's data usage looked accurate after 5/31? This may have been a visual bug, and your Xbox One console most likely has not reached anywhere near 3,600 TB of data usage. The most
    reliable tool to check internet usage will be through your ISP. Any bandwidth usage your Xbox One console actually uses will reflect on the ISP side. I would not worry about your Xbox One console using that much data unless your ISP is reflecting the same
    amount of usage.

Hope this helps clear up the issue!
Thema:

1. Ways to reduce internet data usage on Xbox 360? - Similar Threads - Ways reduce internet

2. Is there any current way to ‘revert’ your Xbox one gamer pic back to a Xbox 360 gamer pic?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any current way to ‘revert’ your Xbox one gamer pic back to a Xbox 360 gamer pic?: I looked into this about 4 years ago and nothing seemed to work. Is there any actual way to change your Xbox one gamerpic back to a Xbox 360 gamerpic? Like when I’m playing a 360 game on my Xbox...
  3. My friends can’t download the new update for the Minecraft beta anyone know a way to fix this

in XboX Insiders
    My friends can’t download the new update for the Minecraft beta anyone know a way to fix this: Please help submitted by /u/demonkiller317 [link] [comments]
  4. 35gig updates need a way to download to phone

in XBoX on Consoles
    35gig updates need a way to download to phone: viasat is now blocking our updates and hotspots being limited its impossible to do these huge 35 gig updates we need a way to eirher download these with out phones unlimited plan and transfer them...
  5. Is there a way to make a normal RTX Minecraft world?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to make a normal RTX Minecraft world?: Can I play normal survival Minecraft with RTX on orndoes it have to be one of them custom worlds? submitted by /u/Septic-Sponge [link] [comments]
  6. : Is there a way to get a directly connected Xbox to also show up on your router network?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Is there a way to get a directly connected Xbox to also show up on your router network?: : Is there a way to get a directly connected Xbox to also show up on your router network? I have my Xbox one directly connected to my modem. I previously had it connected through my belkin router...
  7. Gears of War 5 Campaign Freezes on the Loading Screen Way too Long & Can't get passed it. HELP!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 5 Campaign Freezes on the Loading Screen Way too Long & Can't get passed it. HELP!: Hi all, I'm experiencing some issues with the gears of war 5 campaign. I can get to the start game screen to start it, but it stays on the loading screen way longer than it should. There's no...
  8. The way Enforcements reputation system is set up with the report system is too abuse...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The way Enforcements reputation system is set up with the report system is too abuse...: Good day, The way how the reputation system on Enforcements works, is far too sensitive for people to abuse.. I've been in several parties with people who, whenever they got battered by people...
  9. Is there any way that I can do to purchase Minecraft Windows 10 Edition? I can only go to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way that I can do to purchase Minecraft Windows 10 Edition? I can only go to...: I don't have any sort of card and I can't really use the Mobile phone option or those Prepaid card stuff something, and I can only buy Google Play Giftcards because that's the only giftcard...
  10. Enforcement team is there any way I can reduce my ban without the case review

in XBoX on Consoles
    Enforcement team is there any way I can reduce my ban without the case review: Enforcement team is there any way I can reduce my ban without the case review d3ab1ef9-a926-4fd8-be88-c86b813e4d28