WD ULTRA 3TB hard drive suddenly stopped being detected on xbox one x, for the use of...

Discus and support WD ULTRA 3TB hard drive suddenly stopped being detected on xbox one x, for the use of... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello fellow gamers, I recently purchased a WD Ultra 3TB hard drive to view my video files on my xbox one x media player. It was working at first,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by project.lenzone, Sep 10, 2020.

1. WD ULTRA 3TB hard drive suddenly stopped being detected on xbox one x, for the use of...

Hello fellow gamers,

I recently purchased a WD Ultra 3TB hard drive to view my video files on my xbox one x media player. It was working at first, until it randomly stopped being detected few days later.

**My other WD ultra (smaller storage) hard drive works fine and is detected.

**the hard drive in question works fine on my windows 10 computer, it is detected and I can transfer files normally.

**the hard drive in question works fine on other devices such as roku, media players etc. it is detected on these.

I've tried all trouble shooting with no success.

- tried changing the hard drive usb cable (both cables tried are usbc to usb3)

- tried plugging into all the different usb ports on the xbox

- tried restarting console

- tried hard resetting console (while keeping games and apps)

- tried power cycle (holding the xbox button 10 seconds, unplug power for 2 min)

- tried reformatting the hard drive on PC, (tried reformatting in NTFS and exFAT)

Nothing has worked so far...

I've chatted with xbox support who suggested the same things I already tried, and then finally said to contact WD for more support. I've created a support question to ask WD, with no response yet.

I don't understand how this hard drive can be detected on my other media players and my computer, but not on the xbox one x (anymore).

I've searched online for fixes, and they all suggest the same methods, and i notice many people have similar issues unresolved, however most posts are about using it as an external storage for games/apps. I'm trying to use this a a media source on media
    player. Regardless, im unable to detect it on xbox at all now. Someone please assist me.

:)

project.lenzone, Sep 10, 2020
  2. duvadan Win User

Xbox One External Hard Drive

3. MetalNutz Win User

External hard drive question time!.

I have two with a total of 3tb of space. I use WD drives.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

External hard drive

5. THE LONEWOLF209 Win User

My hard drive doesn't work with my Xbox one...

I'm in the same boat. I have a WD My Book 3TB. I plug it into my PC and it connects and reads the hard drive just fine. Even performed a drive test and it passed.
  6. UpTownDC Win User

External hard drive for xbox one what to you use?

WD 3TB USB 3.0 external drive here. Works like a charm.
Thema:

WD ULTRA 3TB hard drive suddenly stopped being detected on xbox one x, for the use of...

1. WD ULTRA 3TB hard drive suddenly stopped being detected on xbox one x, for the use of... - Similar Threads - ULTRA 3TB hard

2. 8Bitdo SN30 Xbox Edition with Samsung Note 20 Ultra

in XboX Insiders
    8Bitdo SN30 Xbox Edition with Samsung Note 20 Ultra: I just received the SN30 today that I purchased from Microsoft. Using it on my Note 20 Ultra is great except for the home button goes to the phones home screen, and the menu button goes to my...
  3. 8bitdo controller crashing the streaming app on an Samsung S20 Ultra when the Xbox button...

in XboX Insiders
    8bitdo controller crashing the streaming app on an Samsung S20 Ultra when the Xbox button...: Anyone else having this issue? submitted by /u/nuropath [link] [comments]
  4. Ultimate Xcloud Android experience. Note 20 Ultra/Xbox elite controller 2 with MOGA...

in XboX Insiders
    Ultimate Xcloud Android experience. Note 20 Ultra/Xbox elite controller 2 with MOGA...: [IMG] submitted by /u/jusumoner [link] [comments]
  5. The ultimate Xcloud on Android Setup. Note 20 Ultra/Xbox elite controller 2/Galaxy buds live.

in XboX Insiders
    The ultimate Xcloud on Android Setup. Note 20 Ultra/Xbox elite controller 2/Galaxy buds live.: [IMG] submitted by /u/jusumoner [link] [comments]
  6. Ultra wide monitor

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ultra wide monitor: How do i make my xbox 1s work on my ultra wide alienware monitor without the black bars on the sides? e9811980-0ed0-46dd-975d-c1cb06fd4f84
  7. xbox 1 only offering 640x480 on new tv: philips 58pus7304/12 58 inch 4k ultra hd smart

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 1 only offering 640x480 on new tv: philips 58pus7304/12 58 inch 4k ultra hd smart: Brand new TV, clarity and picture good on Amazon FIRE device as well as Sky, but XBOX 1 I've tried the override settings, no difference. reverted back to autodetect. Any ideas?...
  8. Xbox 360: 3D Ultra Minigolf Multiplayer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360: 3D Ultra Minigolf Multiplayer?: Hi There I play this game " Xbox 360: 3D Ultra Minigolf " witch is also been made backwards compatable myself and my friends as of the last week now when trying to play as multi player across...
  9. Showing Super Street Fighter IV as not purchased (along with Ultra SFIV)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Showing Super Street Fighter IV as not purchased (along with Ultra SFIV): I know for a fact that I purchased Super SFIV and Ultra SFIV but now its saying I cannot play them because I haven’t purchased them, in the store I cant install, I can only see the price of the...
  10. Achievement Hunters - Ultra Rare Achievement

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievement Hunters - Ultra Rare Achievement: I love this idea! If I remember correctly Microsoft was supposed to be working on updating gamerscore to show things like ultra hard achievements and rankings, etc. But I think they decided not to...